“Birthday treat! ”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I was in Llandudno for my birthday tried to book a table of 9 Friday but unfortunately they were fully booked so settled for a meal with a friend on Thursday night 8.30pm only slot available. When we arrived I thought the decor was very appealing and the staff attentive and friendly. My friend is an executive chef of two restaurants and we always both have high expectations. We were pleased with our food no faults at all apart from personal preference but I'm not knit picking. Great fast service followed by a nice Rose, utterly bursting at the seams, so no room for deserts. So no complaints from us! Which is quite unusual to be honest lol!

2  Thank Laura W

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We ate here twice during our week in Wales, both times the meals were excellent, I had the pie which was tasty and filled with tender beef, I didn't want the advertised chips and asked if I could swap for potatoes, this was not a problem, food was a little slow to be served but we didn't mind this as it was freshly cooked, and piping hot. I would advise booking as it was very busy, late afternoon is a good time if you don't want to book. All staff were friendly and helpful, prices good, and a varied menu on offer. It was nice to find somewhere that had alternatives to chips on the menu. Well worth a visit.

3  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We ate outside which we like to do in the summer. Sadly my husband was disappointed with his pie, just half filled. I had the vegetarian chilli. Big mistake; it was watery and not very spicey and a bit short on kidney beans. There's home cooking and home cooking, I know, but this was disappointing.

1  Thank C C
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Party of four we all had great food!
Good wine choice and a great Vegie pie and all home made.
We got lucky with a table but i would book ahead so you do not miss out on a great home cooked meal which is not easy to find in Llandudno.
Book in and tuck in!

2  Thank TamworthGaynor
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been coming here more or less since it opened. It was refurbished a few years ago and is now a comfortable modern and light restaurant serving all sorts of delicious food. The service is smart and efficient and the menu is quite unfussy. I had pie of the day which had a thin crust and plenty of filling and was served with vegetables. My father had a vegetarian lasagne or something similar and they served it with new potatoes as he was not keen on the garlic bread or chips option. They serve interesting bottled here from a local brewery. The dishes are good value for money. The only downside is that if you really want to come here you must reserve a day or two in advance to get a table at the busiest times.

3  Thank sheepygold