“Still Hungry”

Home Cookin' Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 205 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: British, Welsh
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Still Hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

It's 1st time I have left a restaurant still hungry, having had a starter, main and side dishes.
Our main course Cod was half the size of my fist, the smallest main part of a meal I've ever had.
We have eaten here plenty of times before no complaints, will not return.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Andy_AL

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Another Successful Visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had another lovely meal here for the second year running. I had steak pie, followed by creme brulee. Steak pie was lovely, meat perfectly succulent and tender with a mountain of chips. One other person also had steak pie and creme brulee and said the same, and the other person had chicken and mushroom pie followed by pavlova which they said was great. Will definitely be back, wee gem of a place.

4 Thank Alice C
“Birthday treat! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I was in Llandudno for my birthday tried to book a table of 9 Friday but unfortunately they were fully booked so settled for a meal with a friend on Thursday night 8.30pm only slot available. When we arrived I thought the decor was very appealing and the staff attentive and friendly. My friend is an executive chef of two restaurants and we always both have high expectations. We were pleased with our food no faults at all apart from personal preference but I'm not knit picking. Great fast service followed by a nice Rose, utterly bursting at the seams, so no room for deserts. So no complaints from us! Which is quite unusual to be honest lol!

2 Thank Laura W
Folkestone, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We ate here twice during our week in Wales, both times the meals were excellent, I had the pie which was tasty and filled with tender beef, I didn't want the advertised chips and asked if I could swap for potatoes, this was not a problem, food was a little slow to be served but we didn't mind this as it was freshly cooked, and piping hot. I would advise booking as it was very busy, late afternoon is a good time if you don't want to book. All staff were friendly and helpful, prices good, and a varied menu on offer. It was nice to find somewhere that had alternatives to chips on the menu. Well worth a visit.

3 Thank Mary H
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Could have been better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We ate outside which we like to do in the summer. Sadly my husband was disappointed with his pie, just half filled. I had the vegetarian chilli. Big mistake; it was watery and not very spicey and a bit short on kidney beans. There's home cooking and home cooking, I know, but this was disappointing.

1 Thank C C