“Lovely food at affordable prices”

Home Cookin' Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 208 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: British, Welsh
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derby
“Lovely food at affordable prices”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Central location (Mostyn Street), light and spacious, and above all selection of meals that should satisfy many tastes. Great service and very reasonably priced wines making a meal for four persons, very competitively priced.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Major C

Durham, United Kingdom
“First time visit - not the last.”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great service and delicious food. We each had the roast of the day, beef and lamb and both were really tasty and tender. Plenty of veg to go with them, and the gravy was gorgeous. Didn't really have room for a dessert, but couldn't resist the creme brulee, and every mouthful was worth it. Even though they were very busy we weren't rushed and the staff were very pleasant. You may have to queue, but it's worth the wait.

4 Thank Paul_and_Ellie14
Chester, United Kingdom
“Another lovely meal at Home Cookin”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Mummy and I always visit this restaurant during our visits to Llandudno. Freshly cooked food, no nasty ding meals here. Generous portions, reasonably priced. Friendly, hardworking staff. Booking is recommended due to the popularity of this establishment. Sweet potato soup is delicious as is the roast beef dinner and crème brulee.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank misty b
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Recommended by the B&B we were staying in and we had a lovely meal. I think the booking system/table allocation seems a bit disorganised. We luckily arrived at the right time before it got busy, we were sat by the door so noticed several groups getting turned away. Shame they don't have a waiting area as I'm sure they could've accommodated several of the party's if they had asked them to wait a short while. The young waitresses didn't seem to notice that some tables were about to finish. We were on a large table and just paying our bill when a group of 6 arrived who could've easily fitted were we had been but they were just turned away. The actual food was delicious, nice kids meals on offer, my daughter lived the sausages and mash. I had Filo parcels which were delicious, arrived with what looked like tinned boiled potatoes but were fresh, just been meticulously peeled I think. My husband had Lasagne, very nice. Ice cream for the kids desserts was very nice, a lot of restaurants serves very cheap stuff as part of kids meals but this was lively. Reasonably priced. Would visit again.

2 Thank Christine R
Conwy, United Kingdom
“Not the kinda home cookin' I'd cook.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Myself and family (partner and 2 children) arrived at the restaurant 15th August it was busy. We sat outside for about 5 minutes before being offered to dine inside as a table had become vacant. We sat up towards the back at the 'top'. Small squashy area. Drinks arrived which we had already ordered outside. 2 cokes and a pint of Carlsberg. One of my kids had a drink not long ago. The 2 cokes were served in different size glasses and we questioned why, they server replied she didn't know as they were costing us the same price.
My partner ordered the burger with extra bacon and cheese. He enjoyed the burger. The chips were tasteless and from frozen. We could smell some greasy smell whilst sitting outside.
My youngest also ordered the burger only managing to eat half the burger. For a 9 year old he wasn't too impressed with the chips and left most of them
I had a jacket potato with coronation chicken. Was alright, it's just a jacket.
My eldest son had slow roasted leg of lamb. He ate half the 3 slices of meat. He mentioned he wasn't keen on the gravy because visually it had congealed. The Roast potatoes looked like aunt bessie packet things that I've seen around and the veg wasn't touched.
We weren't asked at any point how the food was and if everything was ok.
The food wasn't outstanding certainly not how I'd expect the food to be as 'home cooking'. It was over priced for what we thought to be packet food.
We also should have continued to dine outside as there was no atmosphere where we sat inside.

2 Thank CarlyTon