“Great toboggan run”

Llandudno Ski Slope
Ranked #13 of 94 things to do in Llandudno
More attraction details
Owner description: John Nike Leisuresport Llandudno offers a wide variety of activities for everyone to enjoy.Situated 415ft above sea level, Llandudno Ski & Snowboard Centre boasts spectacular views of Llandudno and the Irish Sea.With activities to suit the whole family, we can offer you Skiing, Snowboarding and Snow-Tubing on our brand new Perma-Snow surface, laid in July 2012. We also boast the longest Toboggan run in Britain, sure to be a hit with the kids. Unwind after all the fun in our Alpine Lodge, serving delicious hot and cold food throughout the day. Why not try our infamous Alpine Hot Chocolate to warm your boots after an afternoon of activities, whilst gazing out over Llandudno.Open all year round, Llandudno Ski Centre promises to offer you a fun packed day for the whole family.
Rugby, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great toboggan run”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We spotted this from the cable car on the way to the Great Orme. After looking it up on the internet and discovering it was only £5 a ticket, we took our 11 year old son along to give it a go. The £5 ticket gives you two runs which is excellent value. Staff were very friendly and helpful and there are lots of places to watch and take photos. Our son enjoyed it immensely and got faster each run.
It is a very steep hill to walk up so would recommend taking the car up.

Visited July 2012
5 Thank Wfamily_03

Stamford
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Good product but could learn a huge amount about customer service”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

With money tight you would think that every business would realise that, however good your business, customers will not part with their cash a second time for businesses who don't look after customers. We visited (2 adults and 3 kids) to try the toboggan run, having seen the reviews here. It's a great ride and good value at £5 for 2 goes. That was the good bit. The rest of the experience left me hugely annoyed and disappointed. The address on their site and leaflet takes you to their office above the site and not to the car park if, like a lot of the population, you use Sat Nav. As we arrived at what we thought was the site another car was reversing out although into a parking space on the side of the road. As I moved away at no more than 3mph I was yelled at to stop by a bald headed man with a dog who emerged from the office. He then proceded to tell me in an extremely pompous, self-righteous way that, at that speed (1st gear in diesel Honda!) I could have run over his dog (which he held up to the window to prove it was in fact a dog) and that this wasn't the car park. I had several problems with this. Their literature had taken me there; there were no signs to say this wasn't the way to the car park, even though it was obviously a frequent issue; Mr Angry's dog was wandering on a public highway without a lead. So now I am livid before I've even got there but go with it for the sake of the kids. I pay for all of us and we're told we will have a safety briefing at the start of the course. We make our way down and an arrogant youth with a bad attitude sat us on toboggans and then muttered a mono-tone single sentence so inaudible I wasn't sure what language it was delivered in. My wife caught some of it and relayed it to the kids with the aforementioned youth looking on non-plussed. As I've said, the ride down was great but the overall experience made me feel I'd been mugged, wHere elsewhere around the resort I've experienced people who provide great service and are grateful for the custom. They will be seeing more of my money whereas these clowns won't. The worst customer service I have experienced in a very long time.

18 Thank Markjordan
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brill”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Lots of different activitites to do for all ages! the ski cabin is lovely to sit in and have a drink. Also crazy golf x

Visited May 2012
1 Thank emily s
Sydney, Australia
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“One of the strangest sights you will see”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This heritage Victorian town has on one slope of the beautiful giant Orme a huge white plastic grass ski slope with a metal tobogan ride the startling white can be seen from the other side of town. The kids riding the tobogan ride seemed to be having a great time. The ski slope just reopening after a refit was empty but would be good fun for the older kids in a a place where the weather is as unpredictable.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank 123degrees
Llandudno, United Kingdom
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“What a laugh”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

A must for anyone travelling to Llandudno, just the views from the ski centre are enough, looking all along North Shore the one way and stunning views of West Shore and the Estuary the other way. Haven't done the skiing, only the toboggan run and what a laugh that was, going to go back and go on the rings next time. Great for familys and adults alike

Visited June 2012
2 Thank toni t
, Public Relations Manager at Llandudno Ski Slope, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you for such a lovely review, we look forward to your return and can say you will really enjoy the sno-tubes they are one of our most popular activities loved by people of all ages