“Lovely hotel”

Empire Hotel Llandudno
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel at the top end of the main street is excellent . The rooms are spotless , clean and roomy. You get freshly ground coffee in your room and a welcome sherry is also waiting for you again in your room. The food is excellent especially the evening food. A must plae to stay when in Llandudno .

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Stuartco

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights with our two toddlers, booking suite no. 107, which was actually located 150 yards away from the main hotel, in Osborne House, itself looking out onto the promenade. As we were staying with our two boys, we wanted a suite with a separate bedroom for them to use, so we were able to put them to bed and enjoy the remainder of our evening in peace! To get the negatives out of the way first, the suite was located up a couple of flights of outside stairs at the back of Osborne House, which is not the most illustrious of entrances. There are no sea views from this suite and the car parking is back at the hotel (and also a bit tight if you have a large car!) This was all clearly explained to us before we booked, so there were no surprises. The suite itself was excellent, with loads of space for the four of us and lavish decor. It would have been difficult for us to have asked for anything else, and it more than made up for the lack of views etc. We also made use of the hotel gym and pool facilities, which were small, but very well appointed and immaculately presented. Perhaps the best aspect of our stay, however, was the superb service we received from everyone, particularly the reception team, who made us feel extremely welcome and couldn't have done more to help. Although we didn't eat at Osborne House or The Empire (except for breakfast, which was very good) the team were happy to recommend a couple of family friendly places nearby, and we enjoyed eating at The Queen Victoria pub, just a few doors down, which offered excellent food in a family friendly setting. It was just a shame that the weather was not a little better for our stay! No doubt, we'll be back soon . . . .

Room Tip: If you need a sea view or a grand entrance, suite 107 is not the family suite for you, otherwise, yo...
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed for a night having set off without a booking. What a pleasant surprise. The decor is very nice, having a luxury feel. The room was big, bright and clean. The restaurant was the same. The food was very well cooked and the service first rate. We'll definately stay again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Very impressed on a short two night stay really comfortable room,good breakfast and we had a really excellent Dinner both evenings entertaining 5 family members the second night. It is situated in the middle of the town and very handy,good car park some under cover! good with all the seagulls!

Room Tip: We have only stayed once in room26 a corner room not big but very comfortable good bathroom with rob...
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed here on business for two nights. A grand dame of a hotel in Llandudno with very nice touches. Alas the sherry in the room went untouched but it was appreciated. The hotel's gym and pool were perfect and although small had everything one needed.

The restaurants were good and when I asked for a salad for dinner, the restaurant manager took the time to come over to ask if I was vegan or vegetarian as she wanted to put some protein in the salad for me. A nice thoughful action.

The breakfast and breakfast staff were both amazing. Good quality on both counts.

The only slight criticism is that the room walls must be quite thin as I heard every conversation of the couple next door. Though to be fair, the second day saw a second couple and I didn't hear anything from their room so maybe I was unlucky on night one with a loud couple.

I would definitely return to this hotel again, it was very comfortable and the gym and pool are a real bonus. I have read some previous criticism about the size of this hotel. I am surprised as the place is like a tardis.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have been going to the Empire since I was a small child and have always loved it. I have two children of my own now and they never want to leave. We have just have a four night break there and the hotel just seems to get better and better. The room was fantastic, the food amazing, the staff very friendly and polite and the pool was just luxury. The decor of the hotel is beautiful and the family room we were given was perfect with the amazing beds down to the lovely spode china. This must have been my 15th visit to the hotel and I would not want to go anywhere else! I will be booking again for a pre Christmas break with my family and I can't wait. Also lovely to see the owners of the hotel working long hours there. This hotel is a credit to them.

2  Thank jane w
Reviewed 6 June 2012

The hotel was lovely with those special touches, very exclusive. The food was that good we ate there two nights and didn't go to restaurants outside as we intended. The staff were brilliant, polite and helpful.
We would stay again when returning to Llandudno.

Room Tip: We had a superior double plus which had ample room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GillC911
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandudno
The Imperial Hotel
The Grand Hotel - Llandudno
The Quay Hotel & Spa
The Quay Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Deganwy

Been to Empire Hotel Llandudno? Share your experiences!