Empire Hotel Llandudno
US$98
Toprooms.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,005 results
All reviewspoolside restaurantdecanter of sherrywatkins restaurantoutdoor poolsunday lunchfour coursessteam room and saunahomemade biscuitsthe main hotelspa facilitieslovely hotelosborne housesister hotela family run hotelmostyn streetdvd playerhigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We dined in the restraunt overlooking the indoor pool.Unrestrained luxury.excellent food,and NOT over the top,in price terms either.The hotel is majestic,the menu for the set evening dinner,which included wine,was very good.The service polite,very warm,and very efficient.

Room Tip: Do book your table overlooking the pool,has a certain charm and is very relaxed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2012

stayed just one night, dinner, B/B, enjoyed every minuet,from the sauna, pool, wonderful evening meal, with people actually dressing for dinner,and a superb breakfast, it is very handy for shops, bars, and the tram up to the orm is just 40yds. away, the staff are very good and polite, and rooms are a delight, met people who had been coming to the empire 2/3 times a year, for years, doesn't that say it all we also will be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Lets just say we live in a beautiful country home but should we be lucky and win the Lottery we'll sell up and live here! Yes that good believe us it does not get better than this. Been going for 16 years now and can't fault it.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My girlfriends parent paid for me and my girlfriend to get away for a day or two and booked us into this wonderful hotel. My girlfriend had been coming here for years with various members of her family and always said they had enjoyed themselves. They even had some sort of function there years ago. This however was a first time for me and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We stayed in 'No 72' which is two doors down from the reception. The room was very big and everything was just perfect. We had everything we needed in the room, and the bed was so comfy and clean. We had lunch in the bar of the empire and it was really nice, drinks at the bar are rather pricey but the staff where really helpful so we didn't mind. We also had dinner in the hotel restaurant and I think I can say it was one of the best main courses I've ever had. It was a lamb shank with all the trimmings and it tasted absolutely perfect. I can be quite the lamb connoisseur but there was no faults at all with it. Again the staff and waiting on staff where really helpful with really quick service throughout our 4 course meal.

On our last day we used the swimming pool, sauna and the steam room and had no problems, nice and quiet, very clean and big enough. Me and my girlfriend enjoyed ourselves immensely which is why we will be coming back in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David J
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My family have been visiting this hotel atleast once a year for about twenty years now, recently several times a year. In looking at other four star hotels accross the county I can say this is definitely a shining example of one. You get everything you can think of: michelin star food, breakfast, dinner & sunday lunch thrown in all good value. Indoor heated pool without having to go through the lobby, free robes and swimming towels, sauna, steam room. The best part about staying at this hotel is it's obviously very popular but it never feels uncomfortably crowded. You never have to fight for a DVD you want (from the free DVD rental), the pool is usually sparse and is open 12 hours per day along with the sauna/steam room. They have obviously opened their coffers recently, the dining room looks beautiful, the rooms have been modernised somewhat recently.
Some other reviews complain about the mix of georgian features with ageing victorian interior but what you find what you visit this hotel is a longstanding feeling of class and high standards that they fight to preserve. This runs through to the extremely polite staff and plethora of things you wouldn't find free in other hotels.
Everytime I visit this hotel I fall fast asleep on the beautifully comfortable beds and look forward to the delicious meals. It's a family run hotel and the owner can always be seen at weekend wherever the guests are, making sure she's available and monitoring standards.

Room Tip: The budget rooms may lack a window and/or be extremely hot. The standard queen room will have somesortof a view, a window to open and have AC.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family