“Beautiful hotel, excellent value, wonderful food!”

Empire Hotel Llandudno
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 21 October 2010

My husband and I have just returned from a first class, 2 nights dinner bed and breakfast break at this wonderful hotel. The decor throughout is magnificent, the food and service excellent - unbelieveable value for money. We've stayed at other hotels which charge far more and they are not a patch on this place. I cannot rate it highly enough, would recommend it to anyone and cannot wait to return, which we plan to do in springtime. There is so much to see and do in Llandudno and we were blessed with lovely sunny (if a little chilly) weather. We were fortunate to be there the week Swan Lake on Ice is on at Venue Cymru and took great pleasure in a trip around the Great Orme in a 1958 charabanc with a very knowledgeable commentary from the friendly driver. Looking forward to our next visit when I intend to make use of the spa treatment - didn't have time on this occasion but made good use of the pool and sauna, which are excellent. An extremely enjoyable few days and as an added bonus, the sunrise across the bay from our bedroom (room 21) window on both mornings was spectacular!!
Barbara, BOLTON

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 October 2010

We could not fault this hotel from the moment we checked in till leaving. Front of house staff were friendly, welcoming and efficient. There is a lift as well as stairs to all floors. Help was available for luggage if needed.Rooms were not large but were well decorated and cosy with a very comfortable bed. The en suite was modern and spotlessly clean. Lounges and bar varied from traditional to ultra modern.The restaurant was very well run and the food and choices of the main evening meal (4 courses) was excellent.
There are also several other restaurants nearby if you prefer and a pub just down the road serving real ales. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the main shopping area of the town as well as the great Victorian pier and the wide Promenade and sea front. The station for the trams up the Great Orm is only 50 yards away too
There were 9 of us in our "reunion" party and all would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
Unfortunately the swimming pool/spa was closed for servicing while we were there but it looked beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tedtrillo
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed at The Empire last October and were impressed with the quality of rooms, service and food etc. We have just returned this year from a short holiday spent with close family and friends who were just as impressed with this hotel. This is not a "stuffy" hotel, all the staff are helpful and obliging, but in particular the restaurant staff make dining most pleasurable. The food is excellent and there is plenty of choice (could do with more than one choice for vegetarian main though, but only a very slight critiscism!) We spoke to guests who return year after year and not surprisingly. Just shortly before we checked out, we overheard a couple planning their next stay in January 2011. That says it all!

The Wilkinson's

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Stayed here on business & can't wait for my next trip. I also intend to go back for a holiday. The best things about this hotel are the wonderful decor & furnishings and the friendly, helpful staff. I met many people who were returning guests, some had been visiting for years.
I'm surprised some reviewers criticised the breakfast as I found it excellent. There was a good selection of fruits, cereals, yoghurts, juices etc - and if a juice did run out it was only a moment before it was refilled.
An great selection from the menu, all cooked freshly to order & delivered very promptly so no worries about being late for work. Much better than buffet breakfasts where food has sat for ages.
While the parking is limited, it is pretty good for such a small town. Remember this is a Victorian resort, built before everyone had cars! You can always park behind someone & leave keys with reception. And if you do get blocked in, it takes about two minutes for them to move the other car so it works really well.
The bar areas are extensive & range in styles from opulent traditional areas with chandeliers & leather armchairs to more modern areas with chrome & white stools. I was happy to sit on my own reading the paper with a glass of wine and always felt comfortable.
I stayed in room 32 which is a great location if you want to be close to the pool, gym & outdoor terrace.
Furnished very well, lots of space, and a great flat screen TV. Nice touches like quality shampoos etc, robes, and the famous sherry. And good to have someone show me to my room & help with my luggage. Everything was spotless & the bed was extremely comfortable with good quality linens, pillows etc.
This hotel really has an individual, personal, welcoming feel to it - you are definitely not yet another person in an indentical box!
I couldn't fault it and I've stayed in many 5 star hotels and consider myself pretty fussy!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We have stayed so many times at the Empire and have been going for over 14yrs when we leave we look forward to our next visit.There is no other hotel like it and is certainly value for money.From the little touches the food the serviceand charm of the hotel we dont feel you can beat it.Their sister hotel The Osbourne is just around the corner on the promenade and is well worth a visit the food is to die for and for that very special occasion is the place to stay.May I say looking forward to that next special occasion.I wouldnt hesitate to recommend The Empire to anybody and I make sure I do.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2010

This is our second visit, we stayed at No 72 located right next to the empire as the main hotel was full, What an excellent room spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated.
The Hotel is close to the Great Orme tram and within easy walking distance of the Town centre many restaurants and quiet bars and the promanade, there are 2 restaurants in the Hotel an excellent breakfast being served in the main one and there is ample parking
all in all a brilliant Hotel for either a main holiday or a short break.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Beautiful hotel, centrally located with excellent food and friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandudno
The Imperial Hotel
The Quay Hotel & Spa
The Quay Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Deganwy
The Grand Hotel - Llandudno

Been to Empire Hotel Llandudno? Share your experiences!