Maxine2101 Covers the situation very well. My wife and myself both in our late 70,s in need of a break booked for 10 days, the biggest mistake of our lives. Having travelled for 5 hours we also found reception unmanned. Eventually we were welcomed only to be told that our allocated room on the first floor was still occupied by a contractor who wanted to stay the weekend. A room on the 3rd floor was offered and on inspection was refused. We were later informed that flooding had occured in a room and the occupants were put into room 7 which was our allocated room.They were due to leave on the Sunday so were offered a room in the next hotel for one night at b&b which we did not have to pay (They owned that as well). On the Sunday we had to wait until midday to occupy our allocated room. What a room. Very small and well in need of updating. 1 dark ble wall, 1 light blue wall, 2 cream walls.Filthy dark blue curtains and carpet. Shower was filthy, wash basin and toilet acceptable. Paper was coming off the walls. SASH window.Top half was solid due to so much paint and the bottom would not stay open due to broken sash cords.We had booked 2 single beds but a double was in situ. FOOD. Described as sought from local sources and was fresh. All veg was frozen and the meat appeared to also have been brought in and heated up. Portions were very small. A roast was provided every night or a salad if preferred. We ate better in the war years. The waitresses were fantastic. Overworked but always with a smile, (Thankyou girls). We were informed when booking that entertainment was on twice per week. This also was not so. For anyone wanting a weekend break its acceptable but for anyone wanting a holiday, think again. We shall never return. Much more could be said but i do not wish to write a book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Min y Don Hotel is a small, family run hotel on Llandudno's famous North Shore. We are in a fantastic location for the town's main attractions like The Great Orme, The beach, The Victorian Pier and tram way and of course, the shopping centre. Our lounge/bar and our dining room overlook the bay, as do many of our bedrooms. We have a small car park for residents only and well appointed gardens for enjoying the scenery. Thank you for your interest among the many hotels in Llandudno, we hope you choose to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Min y Don reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Min y Don Hotel Llandudno
- Min y Don Llandudno, Wales