This hotel is the epitome of the saying "You get what you pay for". The service was good and the overworked staff always managed to stay cheerful. The food was good but we got the impression that most of the meat was not cooked on the premises and there was never quite enough of anything. The room was compact to say the least and reasonably clean. The view consisted mainly of fire escapes and satellite dishes, though if we had been lucky enough to be at the front of the hotel I think the view would have been excellent. To sum up, it would be hard to beat the Min-y-Don for location and price but they missed out on the little touches like shower gel and shampoo and replenishing the tea/coffee facilities was a bit hit and miss. If Albert Arkwright and Auntie Wainwright ran a hotel this is how it would be, and If this hotel ever wins an award it will be for smallest portions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Min y Don Hotel is a small, family run hotel on Llandudno's famous North Shore. We are in a fantastic location for the town's main attractions like The Great Orme, The beach, The Victorian Pier and tram way and of course, the shopping centre. Our lounge/bar and our dining room overlook the bay, as do many of our bedrooms. We have a small car park for residents only and well appointed gardens for enjoying the scenery. Thank you for your interest among the many hotels in Llandudno, we hope you choose to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Min y Don reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Min y Don Hotel Llandudno
- Min y Don Llandudno, Wales