“Good as ever”

Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Preston, United Kingdom
“Good as ever”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Our 2nd visit to the Hen-dy hotel . This time for a night's stay for our anniversary. As last time we weren't disappointed. I booked room 6 online as it was a sea view, nicer than the rear facing rooms for us. A tidy comfy room, although the shower door needs attention ! Breakfast was superb, fruit and cereal aplenty, and the full English kept me going all day. David and Louise are a lovely couple who will do all they can to make your stay a good one. Thanks very much, we'll be back !

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frank1963_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Liverpool
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a wonderful location, car parking was free which we appreciated- a bit of a nightmare finding it though, definitely not ideal if you wanted to move it in & out & to go exploring in it at your own convenience during your stay as it's at the back of the hotel in very narrow alleyway.

The room was great best view ever, very clean & bed very comfy lots of extra pillows if needed. A bit miffed about the wifi I'm sure we read in the brochure in the room it was free yet when searching on our iPhones to connect it was nowhere to be seen, then my partner said he seen in the hallway it was advertised for a fee of a £1 so we left it in the end as we weren't in the hotel much, it would have been a added bonus if it was free & easily accessible however.

There was a huge front lounge that I think was such a shame that it seemed unused- never seen anybody sat in it at all. Never drank at the bar neither because no-one was even watching tv or relaxing with a drink in their hand... I think if maybe an offer was put into place e.g. Buy your first arrival drink get your 2nd free that may have encouraged people to sit in the lounge & socialise with other guests.

Breakfast was nice- I love when you stay in a hotel & they present you with a BIG pot of tea & not "come around every 15 minutes topping your cup up"

And last but not least not only was we waved off on arrival but I even had my car reversed out of the narrow car park for me so I could just drive off which I was thankful for & thought it was very thoughtful of the owner :-)

Thank you for our stay!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Faye-Brozzy
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was a return visit to our favourite hotel on the front at Llandudno. As ever, the service was first class, the room was spotless and the meals were fantastic. Our granddaughter had come with us and she enjoyed every minute of the stay because the staff were so attentive and the location was perfect for beach, pier and promenade. We had a memorable break in this Victorian seaside town which sparkled in the sunshine. Thanks to David and Louise for their excellent service and warm welcome which made our visit, well ... perfect!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good - use the website to select which one you want. The photos are helpful for d...
Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here for one night in July as I was working in Llandudno. I searched other hotels in the area to get best value for money and this did not disappoint. I was lucky enough to get a parking spot on the front just a few metres from the front door. David showed me to my room, I was expecting room 11 on the top floor but as there was one room free (5) I was moved here for no extra charge, didnt have to but a nice touch. I was informed breakfast is at 8.30am but as i working in the morning I asked if I could come for 8am, this wasnt a problem and my breakfast, which is lovely by the way was ready when I wanted. Lounge bar was comfortable but as it was a very warm evening I took advantange of the front terrace area overlooking the sea front. Room was more than spacious (admittedly as I had a family room) but I think with most victorian buildings the rooms are generous. Clean, tidy, very welcoming and a great location for Llandudno, thanks to David and Louise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front would have a lovely sea view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Stone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My sister recommended this fantastic hotel and she was spot on! Very friendly spotlessly clean and the food was ample, beautifully cooked and presented. I couldn't fault the owners David and Louise and would urge anyone to stay here for comfort and convenience to the many amenities offered by Llandudno.

Room Tip: Fab views on the seafront side
1 Thank Jo H
County Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Travelled over to the UK from Ireland and stayed at the Hen-Dy 4 nights from 9th to 13th of July. We weren't 100% sure what to expect so delighted to report that everything was great and everyone associated with the Hotel we met were fantastic - dining room staff, cleaner and of course David and Louise. Also, not sure if we were just lucky, but everyone staying in the hotel that we met were really friendly. No problems with car parking, David just sorts it out with no fuss. The bar is great for having a relaxing drink before bed and David always has an interesting story to tell when there is a lull in general conversation. We stayed in the family room which is rooms 9 and 10, two lockable rooms behind one main entry door which were very nice with fabulous views but just be aware that there are a lot of stairs to climb to get there. One last thing worth mentioning is we were leaving on the morning of our youngest daughters birthday and after we had finished breakfast a surprise birthday cake was produced with Happy Birthday playing in the background, it really made her day ! Llandudno is a great place to visit and we would not hesitate to return to the Hen-Dy if and when we return.

Room Tip: Fantastic view from rooms 9 and 10 but there are a lot of stairs to climb to get to those rooms.
1 Thank NorthTippAdvisor
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a gorgeous weekend in this gorgeous hotel, it was spotless, super friendly and great value for money, the location is great and views are lovely, would thoroughly reccomend to anyone!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family