The Imperial Hotel
PremierInn.com
Headlands Hotel(Llandudno)
US$96
US$93
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$113
US$110
US$333
1,344 results
All reviewsmint conditioncar parkleisure facilitiesfifth floorswimming poolhotel guestssea viewafternoon teafour starlarge bathroomrestaurant staffsea frontlovely hotelfirst classsuperior roomhigh standardevening meal
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Mum & I have just spent 4 nights at the Imperial and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We both had lovely quiet rooms on the third floor, Mum's was very luxurious with a dressing room, a massive shower and a roll top bath! I have to say that this is by far the quietest hotel I've stayed in, there was no noise from nearby rooms, no noise from overhead, no noise from the night porter, no noise form the entertainment and no noise from the plumbing - as is so often the case in other hotels. If it hadn't been for the seagulls I'd have thought I was the only living being there! I don't, of course, mean that the hotel was empty, far from it, there were a lot of guests (as was apparent at meal times) but the hotel is so well carpeted and insulted that I just did not hear them.

Rooms were very clean and water, tea, coffee etc replenished every day. Nice complimentary toiletries and lovely clean fluffy bath towels, bath robes, slippers and iron & board in all rooms were appreciated.

Staff were friendly and helpful, particularly in the restaurant. The menu wasn't huge but there were additional specials every night and everything was beautifully presented, served with a smile and (if applicable) piping hot. Service was efficient and we were never kept waiting for an unreasonable amount of time. Breakfast is plentiful with a great choice of hot and cold food. I certainly need to go on a diet now!!

My only suggestion would be to put a note in the rooms explaining the card system, I was unable to get the TV or kettle to work and eventually rang reception only to be asked if I'd put my card in the slot by the door. Well no, I hadn't - because no one had told me I needed to and there was no mention of it in the guest information pack - although there was a detailed (and useful) card about what to do if the TV had no signal.

This hotel is very conveniently situated, right on the sea front, not far from the shops, the theatre and places of entertainment (both local churches have male voice choirs and singers which are well worth seeing) and not too far from the pier where open top buses, a land train and marine drive coaches are available.

We really enjoyed our stay and would happily return.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room (as we did) and you'll get one. Rooms 324 and 301 are certainly quiet and 301 is very luxurious. You don't get the sea view with the quiet rooms but I'd rather get my sleep!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shropshiretraveller9
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Imperial and taking the time to write such a lovely detailed review of your visit. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We were particularly pleased to read your comments regarding your rooms, and that you found your accommodation to be luxurious and so quiet. Additionally, we thank you for your comments about the friendly and helpful service you received. Indeed it is a pleasure to pass on your very kind words to the team.

With regards to your suggestion concerning the provision of a note explaining the in-room card system, please be assured that I have conveyed your feedback to the relevant departments, in order that we may ensure all our guests are aware of this feature.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Imperial very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

A Great weekend had by the family rooms and suits were all lovely and in great condition. We stayed from Friday to Sunday, Mum and Dad stayed an extra night.
The food in the restaurant excellent. The staff were fantastic and helpful, couldn't wish for more

Thank you Imperial Hotel for making Mum and Dads Golden Wedding anniversary a memorable time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Drewgee
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for your comments we are pleased you and your parents enjoyed your recent stay and they enjoyed celebrating their Golden Wedding with us. We are also pleased you found our family rooms and suites lovely, the food excellent and staff helpful. We hope we will be welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The rooms are spacious and the portering staff are very helpful. Good entertainment in the bar that included an excellent harpist.

There was an issue with the room maid. She only left one set of towels on the second day - I had to ask twice to have this corrected. On another occasion we had to phone reception for hand towels. I did not bother when on the last 3 days we did not get any face cloths.

The service at breakfast was also of concern. I ordered poached egg and haddock. On one occassion I had to wait so long that the others who had ordered had finished their breakfast before mine arrived. On another morning they lost our order and we had to reorder. I complained to the restaurant manager who brusquely replied the kitchen was busy. he did not apologies!! and his attitude was that I was being unreasonable!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you found your room spacious and enjoyed listening to our resident Harpist in the Bar Area. We will take up your comments regarding Housekeeping and Restaurant. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Nice old building on the seafront - one of a rash of hotels lining the bay. Still, it was a well located, convenient hotel with friendly staff. Our room was very nice, large and light on the top floor overlooking the street. Nice view over the town to the far away hills. Would have liked to be able to open the window more than a few inches, but not possible. Only stayed one night but the room size would have been fine for more. The average age of visitors to Llandudno seemed rather high but I suppose that's not surprising! Parking, free wi-fi, bottled water, hair drier, toiletries and good sized towels. Ate in the hotel - had dish of the day for supper, lamb, which was OK but nothing special. Had breakfast there too, again not the best but adequate.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you your recent review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially the room and service from our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We have just returned from a lovely weekend at The Imperial Hotel. It was to celebrate my 60th birthday with my family.We had a fantastic time. The staff are extremely helpful and polite and nothing was too much trouble for them. Our rooms were spotless and the view from the balcony was of the beach and the sea and was very relaxing while having a cup of tea. The food was first class and all top quality locally sourced. We were never rushed and could spend as long as we wanted over breakfast and dinner which was lovely for us to catch up with each other.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back as we heard 2 people complaining at reception about the noice at the front of the hotel. We stayed on the 4th floor'
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary J
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for your recent review we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your special birthday. Your comments will be passed on to the staff and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.