The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at The Imperial Hotel. The quality of our spacious 5th floor rooms was excellent and enjoyed wonderful sea views to the rear. The staff were most welcoming and helpful and the food and service in the restaurant was first class. The only negative is the limited car park (but due to its location not possible to change that). Street parking at a nominal cost was the alternative although as it was high season spaces were snapped up quickly. Highly recommend the hotel and will definitely return. Thank you also to the pianist for playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for my very young grand daughter and young friends she made at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for choosing The Imperial, and for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your experience. I was thrilled that you had so enjoyed your stay. In particular, I was delighted to convey your kind words regarding the staff, quality of food and service to the team. I was additionally pleased to read your comments regarding your accommodation and our location. We are indeed very privileged to benefit from such a fabulous position with beautiful views across the sea shore and the Orme.

You are indeed correct that car parking space is regrettably limited across the central Llandudno area in general. We would naturally love to have a larger car park because it would make a dramatic difference to all our guests. However, due to the historic architectural layout of the Promenade area this is not possible, and we are certainly fortunate to have the limited space that we do have.

I was also touched to learn that the pianist had played for your young Granddaughter, and have passed on your appreciation to him. Thank you once again for your valued feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Booked as a last minute weekend break with my boyfriend.
Hotel was easy to find but parking was a problem. First night (arrived 11pm) we were asked to block the car park and hand the car key to reception for them to move the car in the morning. Next day (4pm) car park was already blocked and there was no free spaces around the hotel. It was very frustrating to drive around 20min to find somewhere to park.
Reception staff was welcoming and friendly. We were offered complimentary ice-cream. I knew there was a catch: hahaha!. We needed the ice-cream bad when we got into our room. It was so hot. No air-con and no option to fully open the window. After using the bathroom our bedroom got even hotter. Seagulls were very loud and we couldn’t close the window because room was way too hot to close this small ventilation we had. Didn’t have a great night sleep.
Room was a good size. Bathroom nice. Maybe need some extra shelf as I had nowhere to put my toiletries.
Breakfast area is good. Quick service, friendly staff and nice food.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Imperial. I was pleased that you found the Reception team to be welcoming and friendly, and enjoyed your complimentary welcome ice-cream. I was concerned to read that you felt this was then somewhat undermined by the temperature of your accommodation. I wish to apologise for any discomfort caused. The temperature these past weeks, as across the rest of the country, has exceeded the norm for the season and regrettably due to the historic nature of the building, the installing of ceiling fans or air conditioning units is not currently possible.

With regards to car parking, we do indeed allow cars upon occasion to block one another in, and ask that our guests with cars parked in this manner allow Reception to retain their keys in order that we are able to immediately move these vehicles when necessary. In this way we endeavour to accommodate as many guests in our car park as possible. I was sorry to learn that you were unable to park in the hotel car park on the second day of your visit. We would love to have a larger car park, but given the historical layout of the Promenade area in general and central town location, this is not possible.

I was glad to read that you found the service to be quick and friendly and thank you for your compliments regarding the size and bathroom in your accommodation, the Breakfast area and quality of food.

I was disappointed to read that despite these positive attributes, you felt your experience was not worthy of the money paid. I do hope that you shall return to us on another occasion and thank you once again for your valued feedback.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Having stayed at another hotel in Llandudno the previous evening it was a pleasure to go into clean and tidy rooms, instead of my previous night stay where I encountered flies on entry to my room. This was a pleasure to stay in and I will always recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Llandudno.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SENAJ
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay at The Imperial. I am delighted that we were able to assist following your disappointing experience elsewhere in Llandudno. We very much appreciate your recommendation, and hope to be welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I joined 2 other couples for the Sunday deal which includes dinner bed and breakfast.It was everything we expected from a 4 star hotel and we had previously sampled afternoon tea there but this was our first stay. The 5th floor room was lovely and the bathroom was exceptional in size and cleanliness.The staff on reception or those serving us were all extremely pleasant and courteous. The only negative comments are in no way the fault of the hotel.Firstly the car park is inadequate for the size of the hotel but no space is available for development. Secondly the gulls were noisy throughout the entire night time which we have never previously experienced. The bed was extremely comfortable so we did our best to sleep.We would not hesitate to return to this hotel and recommend the food and ambience to anyone. The scones are a must !!!

Room Tip: Although room 529 has no sea view ,you can see the Orme and the estuary.The room was extremely sunny...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank geordies94
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your very kind words regarding your experience at The Imperial. Indeed I was thrilled that you found your stay so enjoyable.

I was delighted that you found the level of comfort, spaciousness, cleanliness and sunny view from your accommodation to so pleasing. However, I am sorry that the seagulls were not better behaved during the evening of your stay!

It gave me great pleasure to convey your comments regarding the demenour of our staff, quality of food and ambience.

Thank you once again for your review, we very much appreciate your recommending us so highly. We look forward to welcoming you back and will have the delicious scones at the ready.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

A great place to stay, located mid way along the prom. sunny position well into the evening.
Lovely sitting outside with views of the bay and Great Orme. My mother and I spent 4 nights here our first visit, the room was big, clean, light and airy 320.

All the staff were brilliant, looked happy and nothing was too much trouble. The food in the restaurant was delicious, hot and presented perfectly, dairy and gluten free diet was not an issue with lots of choice...a real treat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Teri C

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Imperial and taking the time to review your experience.

I was thrilled to learn that you had such a fabulous experience and thank you for your lovely comments regarding the team and quality of the food in our Chantrey’s Restaurant.

I was additionally delighted to read your comments regarding your accommodation and our location. We are indeed very privileged to benefit from such a fabulous position with beautiful views across the sea shore and the Orme.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming both you and your Mother back to the Imperial soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is our fourth visit in a year to the Imperial Hotel, Llandudno. We have just returned after a 6 night stay which again proved excellent.

From booking in last week, everything ran like clockwork.

The food in the restaurant is excellent. The quality of meat is exceptionally good and we even visited Edwards the butchers in Conway, where the Imperial buy their breakfast meat from, so good was its quality.

We ate five nights out of the six in the restaurant, where the service was extremely good and meals of a high standard. I love sitting on the terrace for meals, obviously dependent on whether there is space or not, but a few minutes wait for a table for breakfast was the most we had to experience. After dinner at night, we moved across onto the other side of the terrace just to watch the world go by.

Our room was a side facing sea view, which again was excellent, extremely clean and wanted for nothing. It was just so nice to look out over the sea at the lovely views of Llandudno promenade and the Orme.

The staff are really friendly and obliging throughout the hotel and nothing is too much trouble.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and certainly am looking forward again to when we can get away to the Imperial. Certainly Christmas is looking good, if not before.

Room Tip: Sea view is certainly inviting to most people and very relaxing.
1  Thank MELDerby_U_K_
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you very much for choosing once again to stay at The Imperial and taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent visit.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a fabulous experience and thank you very kindly for your recommending the hotel so highly.

In particular, I was most delighted that you enjoyed dining with us, found the service to be excellent and that you had the opportunity to visit the butchers where we locally source our high quality meat.

Additionally, I was very pleased to read that you so enjoyed your accommodation, indeed the sea and Orme views we are privileged to benefit from are so very relaxing.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words regarding the staff and their friendly and dedicated approach to service. It gives me the greatest pleasure to convey feedback such as this to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again back soon, and certainly do hope you can join us for Christmas if not before!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel is worth its weight in gold,from the manager to the cleaners all staff very pro active and curtious.Our room was spotless 329.All areas of this hotel well cared for.Food excellent in all a good experiance.Value for money,relaxing what a way to spend your time in Llandudno.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Imperial and taking the time to write a review of your experience at the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that you found The Imperial to be worth its weight in gold! Indeed it gave me great pleasure to pass on your kind words to the team regarding their proactive and courteous natures.

I was particularly pleased to learn that you found all areas of the property to be very well cared for, your accommodation spotless and your stay value for money.

I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Imperial in the near future to enjoy a further relaxing stay.