“Family Bank Holiday Break” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Family Bank Holiday Break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband, 7 month old baby and myself stayed in this hotel on August Bank Holiday and had a lovely time.

We parked and checked in with ease. The reception team were very welcoming and professional. We were taken to our room and given information regarding the local area. I thought this was a lovely personal touch that shows great consideration to the guest.

We asked for a fridge to store baby milk and this was brought up without a fuss. All staff were friendly and welcoming.

The room was spotless and very spacious. We were lucky to have a sitting area, large bathroom and beautiful balcony with a sea view.

We ate lunch on the terrace and had an evening meal both of which were very tasty and reasonably priced.

After dinner we were fortunate enough to enjoy the Llandudno Town Band from the balcony. A lovely end to a great day.

Breakfast was enjoyable and even though we went toward the end of service the food and service was brilliant.

I look forward to returning to this hotel and would recommend to all ages.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a balcony and a sea view!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to such a lovely review of your stay with us. I was delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit.

I was particularly pleased to read your comments regarding the service you received from Reception upon your arrival and your accommodation, in addition to your enjoyment of your dining experiences.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback and for recommending us so highly. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Booked a weekend trip 2 nights with champers and chocolates in the room and recieved and upgrade the rooms are huge everything is clean, excellent service, the food was outstanding and good choice of wine for dinner. Loved it. The only gripe was parking but its the same for all hotels you try to park on the prom it takes a few trips around the block then keep feeding a meter _ not expensive as free from 4pm till 10am. Worth every penny.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are huge, no noise in either room one at the front very relaxing
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The imperial.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your Champagne and Chocolate break with us, and it was a pleasure to read your kind comments regarding the service and your enjoyment of dinner. I was particularly pleased to learn that you so enjoyed your upgraded spacious accommodation.

Thank you once again for choosing The Imperial and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Warrington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Modernised and comfortable older hotel on the sea front with spacious rooms and ample facilities. We were welcomed with complimentary ice cream. Some difficulty with electronic keys meant numerous trips to reception to have them reset. Early morning starts to our days' railway trips meant a slightly rushed breakfast but food was good and plentiful. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially as I was using a walking stick following a knee operation. Evening meals on our first night for our group of 28 were served with no problems for my wife with special consideration for a gluten-free diet, including the supply of a GF roll with her soup. However, all this seemed to be forgotten on the second night's dinner. New shift of staff appeared to have no interest in her dietary requirements and she had to ask three different people to check whether the soup was suitable for her. In all fairness, we did arrive late back and the dinner was timetabled for 8.30. However, many of us thought that the staff just wanted us to finish and clear the dining room as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Many rooms have sea view but, if you sleep with your windows open, be prepared for seagull noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Whilst I was pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit and enjoyed Breakfast, I was disappointed to learn of your experience in the restaurant on the second evening. Please be assured that I have addressed your comments with the Restaurant Manager and his team.

I was additionally concerned to read that you had encountered some difficulty with the electronic key to your accommodation. I wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are currently investigating other options for our accommodation locks and thank you for raising this issue.

Despite the shortcomings you describe, I was glad that you found the staff in general to be helpful and friendly.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Imperial soon.
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have stayed in the Imperial in the past and for the price you were paying was not very impressed with what you got and so was not surprised to see they did at some point lose a star and become a three star rating.

I returned a few weeks ago for a night, still very expensive,but typical I guess of all Llandudno hotels and was pleasantly surprised with my stay. I made the booking over the phone and was a bit concerned as the person taking it seemed incredibly incompetant but our rooms were there when we arrived and we got a very warm welcome from Reception.

The public areas seems to have had a makeover and looked very inviting for a sit down and a coffee. Our rooms were delightful, on the second floor overlooking the sea, very well furnished and equiped. At last the hotel is making the best use of its terraced area serving bar meals there in the evening. This is something that they used not do in the past and it was such a waste of such a lovely area. Our meal was very tasty and reasonable. Breakfast was also good though our waiter did not seem to be very with it and again the sea view from our terraced table would enhance the tast of any food!!

I did not get a chance to experience the spa so can't comment there. A few negatives: the heated towel rail in the bathroom was not working. They sent a guy up to look at it and he was totally clueless so it stayed cold. As the evening was chilly could have done with the option of having it on as it was not possible to have the room heating on either. Also there was no parking available at the hotel (they have a very small park which as far as I can see non guests use) so had to do a lot of car moving, nor do they have a dedicated set down area outside the hotel to drop off elderly folk and luggage.

As we checked out we were asked if we had a long onward journey and wished all the best and it came across very sincerely. Just wish we could have stayed for longer!

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room. the rooms at the back are not a patch on those in the front.
1 Thank sarsman
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your return visit to The Imperial.

I was disappointed to read of your experience when making your reservation, however was very glad that you then received such a warm welcome from Reception upon your arrival. I was also pleased that you so enjoyed the furnishings and view from your accommodation in addition to the quality of food at Breakfast.

Concerning car parking, space is regrettably limited across the central Llandudno area in general. We would naturally love to have a larger car park because it would make a dramatic difference to all our guests. However, due to the historic architectural layout of the Promenade area this is not possible, and we are certainly fortunate to have the limited space that we do have. We do require to allow cars upon occasion to block one another in, however we do ask that our guests with cars parked in this manner allow Reception to retain their keys in order that we are able to immediately move these vehicles when necessary.

With regards to your comment concerning our star rating, I would like to clarify that prior to 2007 The Imperial was always a three star property. We then proudly gained our fourth star and have been rated as such since. I wish to thank you for your kind words regarding improvements that have taken place since your previous visits. In particular I was delighted to read your closing statement that you wished you could stay for longer.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback. We very much hope to welcome you back again soon.
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is the fourth year I've taken my elderly ( late 80's) mum to Llandudno for a summer break and each year it has been consistently excellent and this year it even excelled itself. The rooms and service throughout the hotel are always luxurious and staff welcoming and exceptionally helpful. All the staff have wonderful patience and kindness towards elderly customers and go out of their way to accommodate their every need with a smile.
This year has been particularly impressive for me personally as a vegetarian because although the food is of a very high standard of cuisine I have previously found the vegetarian options for me a little predictable and dull but this year they were imaginative recipes exquisitely prepared. It hasn't helped my need to lose a bit of weight as I enjoyed the food too much but I can now wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for any veggies like me as well as meat eaters who enjoy a luxury holiday on the beautiful seafront of Llandudno.
Well done Imperial Hotel and look forward to returning next year .

Room Tip: Front facing sea views are lovely because at night with window open you go to sleep with the noise o...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay with us. I was truly delighted to read that you and your mum enjoyed your recent visit so much, and it was so nice to be able to pass on your praise to the team.

I was particularly touched by your feedback concerning the kindness of the staff. Additionally I was very pleased that you found the vegetarian options to be imaginative and of such a high standard. Your comment, which I have conveyed to our Chef, regarding your having enjoyed the food a little too much amused me and I am very grateful for your excellent recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you both back next year!
uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Just returned from a 2 night break .It doesnt state on the website that guests can not use the changing rooms for the pool area, you are supposed to come down from your room in a provided bathrobe and then go back to your room in your wet costume and get changed there. We only used the pool once due to this and had we known that guests could not use the changing rooms in the mint condition leisure centre, we would not have booked this hotel.
Besides this, the rooms were very warm and could do with air conditioning. We had to borrow a fan from the night porter, at 1.30 am , as it was too warm and we couldnt open the windows because of a noisy group of youths, who apparently congregate on the prom opposite the hotel frequently. The Head Waiter in the Restaurant was very professional and was excellent, as were all the staff at breakfast and evening meal. We wouldnt return to this hotel because of the leisure centre situation and the stuffy rooms.
There was no parking available during our 3 days but we found a place along the road for £3.00 per day, but many people had to park a long way from the hotel.

Room Tip: find a hotel with air conditioning during summer months
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of your stay at The Imperial. I was somewhat disappointed to read your comments. In particular I refer to your feedback regarding our leisure facilities and your accommodation.

The changing area in Mint Condition is a little limited in its capacity, and we therefore ask that guests change their attire in the comfort of their accommodations, where robes are provided. There is a lift from the bedroom floors that enables guests to attend the pool without having to traverse the hotel’s more public areas. I was sorry to read that you feel this arrangement negates you from future visits, and apologise for any disappointment you experienced.

With regards to your accommodation, the temperature this summer has certainly exceeded the seasonal norm for the area. We have invested in a large quantity of portable fans but regrettably, due to the historic nature of the building, the installing of ceiling fans or air conditioning units is not currently possible. I was sorry to read that you had been unable to open the window due to noise emanating from people on the promenade. The promenade is busy at times during the day and early evening in peak season, however I am not aware of a particular regular problem with congregating youths or late night noise of this kind.

We would love to have a larger car park, however given the historic layout of the area, this is not possible, but we do allow a small number of cars to double park and leave the keys with Reception to accommodate as many guests as possible. Parking is available on the Promenade area at a reasonable price of £3.00 per day, and there is also a multi-story car parking facility within five minutes walk of the property.

Despite the inadequacies you describe, I was pleased to read that you had found the Head Waiter and staff in our restaurant to be excellent. I thank you once again for taking the time to review your experience and for your valued feedback.
Wigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

This hotel is excellent, from the moment we arrived up to the moment we left.
From the start we were given a warm welcome and because it was a hot day a complimentary ice cream. I had requested flowers in one of out rooms, these did not disappoint, a gorgeous box of flowers placed on the table.
The rooms were outstanding, each room had toiletries, towels, dressing gowns, slippers, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, kettle with tea, coffee etc, and bottle of water. The bed was amazing, comfy and very big. Our maid cleaned our room daily and nothing was out of place. thoroughly spotless.
The breakfast was lovely and everything that you could mention. Evening meals were scrumptious, with special signature dishes. Please book evening meal, you will not be disappointed. You are given £31.50 per person per night for your evening meal. This covers you starter, main meal and a dessert.
The car park is small so grab your spot when you can.
All the staff are brilliant and totally helpful.
Would recommend this hotel 100%.

1 Thank SharonWigan
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Thank you for writing such a lovely review of your stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much. Indeed it gave me the greatest pleasure to convey your comments to the team.

I was particularly pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experiences in our restaurant, and that you found your accommodation to be outstanding.

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Imperial, and recommending us so highly. We hope to welcome you back very soon.