“Very enjoyable indeed”

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have just spent a 2 night break at the Imperial Hotel. We paid extra for sea-view rooms and we were extremely pleased we did. Arrival at reception was very efficient and the tub of ice-cream given to us each was a lovely touch. We had 2 rooms and they were both well decorated, lovely and clean and brilliant sea-views. The lounge and dining-room were nicely decorated and there was a Pianist playing in the lounge on the Saturday night and also on the Sunday lunchtime whilst we were having scones and tea. The ambiance was really nice. Our evening meal and breakfasts were very nice . This is a really lovely hotel and we will definitely be looking at returning in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The imperial.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your 2 night break with us, and it was a pleasure to read your kind comments regarding the rooms, breakfast and dinner and your enjoyment of the Pianist playing Saturday evening and Sunday lunchtime.

Thank you once again for choosing The Imperial and we very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Although we didn't book this hotel for our short break, because of a double booking we were booked into here, I can only say how very lucky for us that we were.
From arrival to departure we enjoyed a wonderful time. Our room with a sea view and balcony was wonderful, spacious and spotless.
The meals we had there including breakfast were plentiful and tasty.
But best of all were the staff, especially on reception. nothing was too much trouble and I would highly recommend spending a little bit more on your hols for this lovely place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judy G
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I was delighted that we were able to assist, and help to make your visit to Llandudno so enjoyable. I was particularly pleased that you so enjoyed your accommodation, and dining experiences.

I would additionally like to thank you for your kind words regarding the staff. Thank you once again for staying at The Imperial and recommending us so highly. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just spent 4 nights at the Imperial in Llandudno, over a Bank Holiday weekend - which we didn't realise until after we'd booked. Arriving after a totally horrendous train journey we were not at our best. We'd booked a twin bed room with sea view and were extremely pleased to be shown into a spacious and very comfortable room with ensuite bath/shower. Fluffy towels and toiletries provided, along with bath robes and slippers.

Since it was a corner room we had fabulous sea views both front and side. Tea and coffee making facilities to hand with assorted biscuits, also complimentary bottled water. Comfortable twin beds. We couldn't have asked for more.

Dining here is very adaptable with something for everyone, food available at almost all times throughout the day and evenings, including room service. The Breakfast has everything you could imagine and is fantastic value for money. You can eat in the Restaurant, on the enclosed Verandah, in the Bar Lounge or enjoy Room Service. We tried them all and the meals were never disappointing, totally delicious, both Traditional and "imaginative" with good quality ingredients.

The Imperial might be considered by some to be a little old fashioned but I would call it Traditional. The public rooms are Classic in design, relaxing and comfortable.

It tells me a lot about this Hotel when I found out that many of the Staff have worked here for a long time; the Manager 32 years and one of the Housekeeping Staff 9 years. It was very refreshing to find that all the Hotel Staff, from Housekeeping, through Bar Staff, Reception Staff and Dining /Kitchen Staff were extremely polite and incredibly helpful.

My son and daughter in law came to have Afternoon Tea with us one day and being Gluten Intolerant I was thinking I would miss out (as is most often the case wherever I go) but I was provided with a full Gluten Free Afternoon Tea - I could have cried. Nothing is too much trouble at this Hotel.

Sitting at the window in our room, looking out to the sea and doing a crossword was just lovely, or just taking a gentle stroll along the Promenade..... we may be getting a bit long in the tooth but the Hotel does also cater very well for youngsters!

Believe me when I say that I am very fussy, I don't exaggerate and just in case you are wondering, I don't know a single person there. We will definitely be going again. It's just a pity that all Hotels don't give the same level of care to their clientele.

Room Tip: Not qualified to say but I would think they'll all be good - just different
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RosyinYorkshire
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay with us. I was delighted to read your kind words and it gave me such pleasure to convey your comments to the team.

I was particularly pleased to read that you so enjoyed your accommodation. We are indeed very privileged to offer fabulous position with beautiful views across the sea shore and the Orme. I also very much appreciated your complimentary description of our traditional decor throughout the property. We are certainly very lucky to benefit from being part of Llandudno’s iconic architecture, and proud of our historic and traditional authenticity.

I was additionally delighted to read of your enjoyment when dining at the hotel. I would like to say I was rather touched by your remark that you could have cried upon learning a gluten free Afternoon Tea could be provided.

Thank you so much for your very kind words regarding our staff. We all hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My daughter and I have just come back from The Imperial Hotel. We found the staff very friendly, The room was very clean and tidy on arrival and quiet at night time. The terrace at the front of the hotel was a lovely place to sit and was easy to find and access on the sea front. Although our stay was nice, the hotel didn't really live up to expectations and claims made on its website and I don't think it was necessarily worth it's £290 price for 2 nights just for bed and breakfast. One of our main reasons we chose this hotel was the pool but when we finally found it through an area we nearly mistook for a staff only section of the hotel, it was a lot smaller and in worse condition than advertised on the website. We were looking forward to sitting and relaxing by the pool but were unable to do that due to few chairs to sit on and the small space. To get to the pool you had to walk through the gym which looked well equipped but not why we were there. Although we did not eat tea in the hotel restaurant due to the price tag of the food being a little to high for our budget, breakfast was nice with a good amount of choice to eat however sugar cubes were provided for tea but with no way of picking them up except with your fingers which we personally thought was a little unhygienic since you didn't know who else had been rooting around in your sugar pot before you. The teas made in the room was well equipped however after our first night the teapot was not cleaned and still had our previous days tea bags in side and a tea cup was replaced with a puddle of dirty water still inside. Although our room was clean and tidy, at night it was very warm which made it uncomfortable to sleep. We booked the hotel due to the presentation on the website however what you saw and what you got weren't necessary the same thing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay.

I was concerned to read that we did not live up to your expectations. In particular I refer to your comments regarding the pool and the presentation on our website. We do feel that all of our marketing information is an accurate depiction of our facilities, however, I have conveyed your comments to our Executive Management team for their consideration and am truly sorry for any disappointment felt.

I was sorry to read that you found the price of dining to be expensive. We consider that we are competitively priced for the fine dining experience that we offer. A more casual and less expensive menu is available in our Bar and Terrace.

With regards to the teapot not being cleaned in your accommodation on the second morning of your visit, please be assured that I have addressed this with our Housekeeping team, and apologise for this oversight. I was disappointed to read that you had found the room temperature to be uncomfortable. The temperature this summer has exceeded the norm for the area, and regrettably, due to the historic nature of the building, the installing of ceiling fans or air conditioning units is not currently possible.

Despite the shortcomings you describe, I was pleased to read that you found the staff friendly and enjoyed the terrace. Thank you once again for your valued feedback.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Did the champagne and chocs 2 night break which included dinner on one night. We had a balcony room on the 5th floor which was good - although be warned that the balconies are very small - I think we might have had bigger sea view windows on the lower floors. Staff were very friendly and helpful and let us check in early and park the car. Room was nice and big and comfortable and food excellent. A lovely british seaside weekend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Champagne and Chocolate break.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular I was pleased to read your comments regarding the friendliness of the staff and excellent food.

I am sorry that you felt the balcony was small. I have noted that you may enjoy one of the rooms on a lower floor for future stays. I was pleased however that we were able to accommodate your early arrival, and that you found the room itself to be nice, spacious and comfortable.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another lovely British seaside break!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband, 7 month old baby and myself stayed in this hotel on August Bank Holiday and had a lovely time.

We parked and checked in with ease. The reception team were very welcoming and professional. We were taken to our room and given information regarding the local area. I thought this was a lovely personal touch that shows great consideration to the guest.

We asked for a fridge to store baby milk and this was brought up without a fuss. All staff were friendly and welcoming.

The room was spotless and very spacious. We were lucky to have a sitting area, large bathroom and beautiful balcony with a sea view.

We ate lunch on the terrace and had an evening meal both of which were very tasty and reasonably priced.

After dinner we were fortunate enough to enjoy the Llandudno Town Band from the balcony. A lovely end to a great day.

Breakfast was enjoyable and even though we went toward the end of service the food and service was brilliant.

I look forward to returning to this hotel and would recommend to all ages.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a balcony and a sea view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to such a lovely review of your stay with us. I was delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit.

I was particularly pleased to read your comments regarding the service you received from Reception upon your arrival and your accommodation, in addition to your enjoyment of your dining experiences.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback and for recommending us so highly. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Booked a weekend trip 2 nights with champers and chocolates in the room and recieved and upgrade the rooms are huge everything is clean, excellent service, the food was outstanding and good choice of wine for dinner. Loved it. The only gripe was parking but its the same for all hotels you try to park on the prom it takes a few trips around the block then keep feeding a meter _ not expensive as free from 4pm till 10am. Worth every penny.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are huge, no noise in either room one at the front very relaxing
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The imperial.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your Champagne and Chocolate break with us, and it was a pleasure to read your kind comments regarding the service and your enjoyment of dinner. I was particularly pleased to learn that you so enjoyed your upgraded spacious accommodation.

Thank you once again for choosing The Imperial and we hope to welcome you back soon.