“Fabulous Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Hotel”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed at the imperial hotel in room 201, 23-25nov. What an amazing hotel. Check in was so easy and all the staff are so friendly and helpful in fact when I booked on the internet I requested a room near my family who were also staying there about 10 mins later I received a phone call from a member of staff reassuring me that I was being put as near as possible to my family on the same floor now that's what I call service! My room was at the back of the hotel and was lovely and spacious the bed was so comfy I had everything I needed and more. My bathroom was amazing it had a huge walk in shower and a fabulous rolled top bath. The water pressure was so good it was ready in no time. breakfast was amazing everything you could think of. The swimming pool and Jacuzzi was also great. Dressing gowns and slippers provided to go down to the pool as theres no changing rooms which actually works great. I would definitely recommend this hotel and really hope to bring my husband to the imperial hotel in the near future as he couldn,t come this time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay. We are thrilled you and your family had a fabulous time. We will pass on your comments to the staff and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Swansea
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a single room (218) for one night and found my experience at the hotel and Llandudno to be very good.

Check in was easy and everything was explained to me about what was on offer.

The room was a comfortable size, the bathroom was lovely and the water pressure in the taps were very powerful! Filled my bath up with boiling hot water in less than 2 minutes and sampled the complementary toiletries!

The bed was firm and comfortable, I had 2 pillows of different fillings so I got to choose which pillow to suit my sleep. The room was slightly too hot for my liking but I did manage to open the sash window so I had some air in the room.

Had dinner in the terrace which was lovely. I had the burger and chips and my colleague had tomato soup and poached salmon with boiled potatoes and side salad. Both of us left happy with full bellies and the service was good too.

A cooked Breakfast was made to order and everything was tasty. I particularly enjoyed the fresh pineapple and water melon in the buffet section.

Overall I enjoyed my time at the hotel (despite the 4.5hrs drive to get there!) and for £80 b&b felt it was value for money and would come back if I ever venture to North Wales again. Shame I didn't get any free time to discover the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful detailed review of your stay. We hope to see you again soon
coventry
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This was the first time my husband and I had a 3 night stay at this hotel at the beginning of November and were not disappointed - we had a lovely superior room on the side of the hotel and it also gave us a sea view. The Chantrey's restaurant was exceptional - we had the set menu on the Sunday and this was a 3-course meal for £20, from the minute we sat down on the terrace to the minute we went into the bar for coffee it was a very pleasurable experience. We decided to have this break after a bereavement in the family and it was 'just what the doctor oredered' to set us up for the winter. We didn't use the spa/gym or pool as the weather was nice whilst we were there and we were able to go out each day as it had been a number of years since we were in Llandudno. The only disappointment was that the tram up the Orme was shut as was the pier.We would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to go back soon.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the side of the hotel with a sea view as it is cheaper than a front facing one
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found Chantrey's Restaurant exceptional, we will pass your comments on to the staff and hope to welcoming you back to the Imperial again soon
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This time we visited Llandudno we returned to the Imperial and chose a sea facing Superior Room, no 210. Very pleased with the room. Since our last visit the service in the restaurant (at breakfast) has improved. Can't fault the service. We didn't eat in as have been less than impressed by the "Nouvelle Cuisine" in the past, so ate at The Cocoa House and Valentino's (an Italian).
Only a couple of criticisms about the Hotel. We stayed for 3 nights but whoever gave us our key only programmed it for 2. This involved a return to the reception on Sunday morning wondering what had happened to the key.
We visited Mint Condition to enjoy their facilities but I ended up in the Accident Book. I was in the sauna, using water from the bucket on the stones. I was rubbing my brow and eyes when suddenly my eyes started stinging badly. Someone had put Olbas Oil (or something similar) into the bucket and I wasn't aware of it. The staff were very attentive, providing an eye bath to ease the pain. I did ask that there should be a sign put up that oils should be put directly onto the stones rather than into the water as this would avoid such incidents in the future. I love having saunas and this was the first time this has ever happened to me anywhere.
On the whole though it didn't spoil the stay and we'd gladly return to a similar room.

Room Tip: You wont be disappointed by a superior room!
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Impierial Hotel on numerous occasions and have enjoyed every stay the whole experience was very good and the pool tops it off!!!
When we want to relax.for a couple of days and chill out this is the place
Go on spoil yourself try it

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Andy W
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the whole experience of your stay. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Rugeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have not been to Llandudno for many years and was a little nervous of the hotels, and expected the old boarding house type property, this hotel was very good, the breakfast excellent, the rooms, staff and general demeanour of the property was good. I would recommend this hotel to any prospectivevisitor

Room Tip: Ask for sea view, there is an additional charge
3 Thank Roydw1944
Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent visit to the hotel, it was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay – I hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Once again thank you for your review
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is our first stay at the Imperial Hotel which we enjoyed very much,the hotel if you choose to stay there is of very high standards,very clean, comfortable and the staff are very friendly, the breakfasts are second to none with a choice of everything you could wish for..

Evening meals and bar snacks are also of high standard and are recommended.

We had a room with a sea view and a very modern bathroom( well worth the extra)
Tea,coffee, hot chocolate and bottled water provided. Dressing gowns and slippers are provided also..Don't think I have anything negative to say about our stay here...plus a firework display on the pier on Saturday night what more could you ask..Thank you for your friendly welcome..

Room Tip: A sea view is a bonus
2 Thank Dia1389
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us,your comments will be passed on to the staff, and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.