“Sheer Luxury”

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My partner and I spent an absolutely amazing weekend at this luxury hotel. From the first moment we set foot inside from the convenient car park, we were totally amazed by the absolute perfection. The receptionist was professional, friendly and informative. Our front of hotel facing room was on the third floor with amazing views over the beautiful bay, promenade and pier. The room itself was beautifully and tastefully decorated in blue and yellows. We had a superior double and it was just that - superior - with a comfy settee to sit on and watch the world go by. The bathroom was huge with lovely snugly towels. We ate in the hotel both nights, with a table overlooking the sea. The signature dish of fish and chips for starters was beautifully presented...our main course was the lamb - out of this world, melt in the mouth. The staff throughout the hotel were so courteous all the time. The traditional Welsh breakfast kept us going for hours and was so tasty. We used the Mint Condition leisure facilities; the pool and bath hot jacuzzi...very relaxing. Dinner the second evening was just as gorgeous. We would certainly recommend the hotel house wines - excellent choice. The manager of this perfectly run hotel chatted with guests at ease and made us feel most welcome - thank you. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review, it was a delight to receive such positive comments and these will be passed on to the team, we hope to see you again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Arriving after 30 hours of plane, room was only ready at 2pm as normal but they made the extra effort and i could get in at 12! Recetpionist was great and understanding.
Room was big and bathroom immense i suppose because it was for disabled people,. The view was horrendous a roof and pipes very disappointed.
Wndy city and draft in the room. Matress very firm to sleep on. Tea facilities great.
But despite these i love this hotel! Quiet not pretentious...seaside hotel to which i will come again.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a sea view. But if you want quiet and big room 222 will do ( beware of the matre...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank K-roPerth
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Spacious Victorian? Hotel in prime seaside location with good facilities. An enjoyable one night that I wished could have been longer. The double room had plenty of room and was well equipped and the bathroom was spacious too. Llandudno was a revelation, very well kept, bucking the trend of tired old UK seaside resorts, with a fantastic sea-scape affording a really good view from the back and front bedrooms.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel last Sunday evening. It is in a fantastic position on the main front of Llandudno. The hotel is well kept and has very good reception areas at ground level. The rooms are on 1st to 5th floor. The rooms we had on the fourth floor were excellent, spacious and very well decorated. At level -1 there is mint condition, the gym and swimming pool/sauna area. The pool is a nice size and the gym is well equipped. The only fault with it is that we were there on bank holiday Monday and it did not open until 8am.
The one point that is a downside to the hotel is that the parking is not good. The hotel has a small car park at the rear accessed from a very narrow street and this was full during our stay. We had to park quite a distance away which was a problem as we were with parents that had limited mobility. We did manage to move the car later in the evening. The on street parking is chargeable from 10-4pm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank PM-and-ZKK
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Another great stay at the Imperial.An excellent 3 days in llandudno. The staff at this hotel are wonderful. I had a problem with my laptop and took it to reception and the head receptionist told me i might be locked in since my last visit so she had a look and said i was. she sorted it in no time. When i went to check out i could not find my loyalty card and again she said it was no problem and she would get me a new one sent to my home which i have just received. the food is delicious and our waiter remembered us from our last visit in September.Our room was lovely and the bathroom was huge . We enjoyed breakfast and evening meals in the conservator overlooking the bay.Car park at the back at no extra charge. Nice swimming pool as well. The weather was cool as it was only April but the central heating made it very warm. Cant wait for our next visit. They have lots of special offers on as well.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary J

Thank you for taking the time to write a delightful review, we will pass on your comments to the team. We are please reception sorted out your loyalty card this is very popular with our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've been a visitor to the Imperial Hotel since January of last year, and every time I visit, the staff are impeccably friendly. The food is delicious, and the place has an easy-going atmosphere. From the utterly delightful reception staff, to the duty managers, they all contribute to a lovely visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-front room, but be aware they are slightly more expensive. All that I know about are...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank William D

Thank you for your lovely review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff wonderful, I will pass on your comments to the team and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We booked in here for a Champagne Afternoon Tea on Good Friday after searching various hotels and locations and thought the deal sounded very good and the view would be lovely. We arrive at our pre booked time of 4pm and I had pre ordered one of the afternoon teas to be gluten free. When we arrived we were not sure where to go so we asked at reception at they just pointed to a room 'over there'. Well there were two rooms and we were not sure which one so I asked another lady who asked me for my voucher? I explained I did not have a voucher but I had pre booked this some time ago. She then tried to sit us in a dingy large room with a buffet style table. I said no we wanted to be by the window for the view. This was a special occassion for my nana's birthday. After more confusion we were told to 'find' a table by the window. I again said we had pre booked so I would assume there would be a table alloctaed to us but seems not. We were told someone would be with us shortly to take our order and I said we had already order by email and I require a gluten free one. We waited over 20 minutes for someone to come and then they again tried to take our order! I explained I had already done this once! We eventually got our champagne and lunch but we were squeezed onto the smallest table so not everything fitted on! We were right at the end and had hardly any view! Now onto the actual food. There were three tiny finger sandwiches that were on very stale dry bread and were awful to taste. The cakes and scones were delicious but unfortuately for me I could not eat any of the chocolate ones as these were not gluten free!! So as a gluten free person I had three small stale sandwiches, one scone and a barabirth cake. Not a lot considering the cost! We come to Llandudno a lot but I will not be dining here again. Service poor and food substandard and champagne tasted cheap!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

We regret your disappointment regarding your afternoon tea and would have preferred having the opportunity to address your points at the time of your visit giving us the opportunity to address your issues and rectify the situation rather than via this review. We had a large party having afternoon tea the same day and wrongly assumed you were part of the party. We take pride in offering our guests outstanding food and service and in this instance we obviously fell short which is unacceptable so we will be looking into this straight away. We are pleased you found the cakes and scones delicious and will mention to the Chef to ensure he makes gluten free chocolate ones for the future. The tables on our Terrace are all the same size and sorry to hear you found them small, the view from the terrace is one of the best in Llandudno and the same if you sit on either side.