Lowest prices for your stay
£140
Stafford, United Kingdom

Great Stop Off

Review of Imperial Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks agovia mobile
Just stopped here for a cuppa and a bite to eat as we'd just arrived in Llandudno. Nice spot to sit in the window looking out on the prom and the bay. Plenty of room . The lounge areas and dining looked very nicely kept . Staff were efficient and friendly . We had our cuppas and chose a couple of bowls of their sweet potato and coconut soup with rolls . Very tasty . All in all great stop off .
£130
    £64
    £49
View more hotels in Llandudno
1,677 results
All reviews car park leisure facilities swimming pool sea view hotel guests large bathroom four star sea front restaurant staff lovely hotel first class superior room evening meal high standard north wales short break relaxing break
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2024 via mobile

I booked for a table for afternoon tea, I received an email saying it was an offer for £22 each . I couldn’t find how to book for 3 of us but only 2 afternoon lunch needed.
So I made a note that I wouldn’t want butter on my sandwiches. It would let me explain the dairy free would also be needed for 1.
Still no place to request what food was needed. So I called them explained I don’t eat dairy and my husband would want to order food as he don’t eat cakes extra.

Arrived at the slotted time of 3 pm as that was the only time allowed and I could see there was only 3 other tables taken so not full so why couldn’t I come earlier.
This was our wedding venue so wanted something special, just to help us as were all going through a rough family time right now.
I took my father in law to cheer him up after a hip operation and his wife been seriously ill.

I asked for a menu and was made clear no food, kitchen closed.
I told her I’d phoned and asked in advance and my husband need a sandwich or something. All he was offered is chicken and mayo.

Then our afternoon tea arrived, remember I ordered with no butter and all the sandwiches had butter and egg so not dairy free.
What was the point of me phoning to explain the no butter and one bern no butter just to not liking it.
Then I asked for lemon and ginger tea as I wasn’t offered what drink I would like normal tea came out so I asked again.
To make matters worse everyone is drinking there tea but I still had nothing also waiting on new sandwiches to be made. It wasn’t the experience I had hoped for. Then thinking none of this stuff is dairy free so my father-in-law didn’t eat , only a few sandwiches of which he was not well after so it must have contained dairy as everything was on one tray?

Not good that I phoned ahead and asked them and all was ok.
Similar issue with food at our wedding, spoke to the manager then and wasn’t heard.
This hotel is lovely but it’s missing a trick on the food side.

Final bill was £53.00 and the afternoon tea was and is £22 each, so the email I had was misleading it’s not a one time offer.
Then I had to take what I paid for home for a neighbour as it couldn’t be eaten and I’d paid £53 for a few sandwiches and 3 teas and a latte.
Could be better I’m sure but very disappointed and upset.
Waiting for food I ordered to be redone and all eat separately not good.

Then to top it off I wasn’t going to complain here only I had another email asking for feedback only to be rejected and say I couldn’t do what was the point ?
So I came here instead.

Room tip: I’m not sure I thought ringing ahead was one but clearly not.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2024

An excellent hotel in perfect position right on the promenade and just a short walk from the main shops. We paid for an upgrade on arrival at a higher floor with sea view to get the most from our visit and it certainly paid off.
A very clean and well presented hotel.
The breakfast buffet is pretty standard but the food is well cooked and the service from the restaurant staff is exceptional.
Would definitely recommend and will stay again when we next visit.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2024

Lovely hotel and a special mention to George in the bar! He was so lovely and so helpful with amazing customer service! He was very smartly dressed and super polite as well as his colleague Jana
The room was comfortable and clean and the hotel as a whole was pleasant

Reviewed 1 April 2024

A perfect Easter weekend at the Imperial. Although the hotel is old it is very well looked after. We were delighted to be given the room we asked for. It was lovely and big, and a excellent nights sleep.
All the staff were very friendly and very helpful, nothing to much trouble.
The food was amazing.
Look forward to returning.

Room tip: Just a problem parking.
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2024 via mobile

Room was clean and comfortable but quite dated with some signs of wall damp in the bathroom . Breakfast was very good as were the staff. We didn’t eat dinner at the hotel as this would have been too expensive. We went for a swim and sauna which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Room tip: Go to Wetherspoons pub to eat
Date of stay: November 2023