“Don't let me put you off - try it & disagree with me ?”
Review of La Taverna

La Taverna
Ranked #13 of 209 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Tring, United Kingdom
“Don't let me put you off - try it & disagree with me ?”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This pokey little Italian (the restaurant not the boss) is OK, but not a place I would dine in again. It is hot & sweaty in Summer & quite dingy as the lighting is poorly spaced. Whilst the staff are all perfectly pleasant & attentive, sadly they all looked as if they needed a good wash (that includes the females) ! The knapkins & tablecloths were all tired too. Service was fine & the food was good, in fact my beef cannelloni was really tasty. Mind you, another downside is that the kitchen is open to the restaurant itself & cooking smells etc. waft into the dining area. For my wife & I having had starters/mains/bottle of wine/one beer the cost was just under £45. So not a rip-off, more of a drive off...............

“Disappointed! ”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We came here last year and were looking forward to eating here again. Red wine was warm. Starter was tasty but pasta dish arrived lukewarm and quite bland. I had the chicken dish with vegetables which were plain and tasted like they were microwaved. The staff seemed to be rushing about-it was busy but it can still be busy AND organised? We tried to get their attention for us to have a liquer but they brought the bill instead! We did not wait around. Maybe we expected too much or chose the wrong dishes but this time we were disappointed. Its a shame but we wont be doing a return visit.

“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Everything was excellent speed of service to the quality of food the restaurant was busy but it didnt feel busy would recommend to anyone who enjoys real Italian food cooked by Italians

Walton-on-Thames, England
“A very good meal”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a cosy restaurant near the sea front. It was fairly quiet for a Sunday night. I chose pork medallions followed by pancakes with banana and chocolate sauce; my girlfriend had vegetable lasagne. All the food was nice and piping hot. Service was good and friendly.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Best Italian food in Wales”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Lived in Italy 20 years and have just had the best italian meal outside of Italy.
From the starter to the desserts perfect ,also very friendly and good price as well.
Will recommend to my friends.