“Booking system a waste of time”
Review of La Taverna

La Taverna
Ranked #13 of 209 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Booking system a waste of time”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

If you intend to go to this restaurant you probably need to book, especially if a Saturday. So if you arrive in Llandudno on a Saturday you wont get in. We arrived on Saturday and saw the restaurant and tried phoning all through the day to book a table. At 6pm we gave up and walked there, to be turned away by a very unhelpful waiter who told us we should have booked. We asked how could we book if no one answered the phone and he said they just dont answer the phone once they are booked up as they would be answering the phone all day! What sort of a system is that? We were dumbfounded, never having come across this policy before, and wondered why they dont at least have a polite answerphone explaining the policy. For that reason I would not attempt to go to this restaurant again as I really do not think they care about their customers

Visited August 2014
2 Thank trdajara

Deeside, United Kingdom
“Really,Really Good!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

La Taverna is one of those rare finds! It never disappoints because on every occasion we have been it has been pure excellence! Food and atmosphere just perfect! The staff are so friendly and really look after you, our little girls tastes are a little on the fussy side, but here they have always gone out of their way to tailor make her food so that she enjoys it! Do book as it is only small and soon fills up!!Great!

Manchester
“Decent well-priced restaurant”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We enjoyed our meal at La Taverna last night. Pizzas were tasty and the meal was good value. I like the decor which is cosy and welcoming. The prosecco was good and again reasonably priced. Not an earth-shatteringly exciting menu but that's not what we went for anyway. Great spot for a pleasant evening and tasty meal.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Thepange
stoke-on-trent
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

To my surprise my husband chose this place to eat on a Sunday evening, we thankfully turned up when we did because so many couples came in after us it was very popular. The staff were all very pleasant and attentive and left you alone to give you time to order as i was struggling what to have they all sounded so nice. I eventually chose chicken broth with meat filed tortellini and hubby had king prawns with garlic butter and chillies for starters and mains were vegetable lasagna and fillet steak with cream sauce. onions and italian bacon. They were all excellent in every way and although i'm not a vegetarian i have been looking for a decent veg lasagna for many years and this was it. I would and have been since i got home recommended La Taverna to any one and every one a definite must for a lovely meal out.

• Visited July 2014
Tring, United Kingdom
“Don't let me put you off - try it & disagree with me ?”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This pokey little Italian (the restaurant not the boss) is OK, but not a place I would dine in again. It is hot & sweaty in Summer & quite dingy as the lighting is poorly spaced. Whilst the staff are all perfectly pleasant & attentive, sadly they all looked as if they needed a good wash (that includes the females) ! The knapkins & tablecloths were all tired too. Service was fine & the food was good, in fact my beef cannelloni was really tasty. Mind you, another downside is that the kitchen is open to the restaurant itself & cooking smells etc. waft into the dining area. For my wife & I having had starters/mains/bottle of wine/one beer the cost was just under £45. So not a rip-off, more of a drive off...............

• Visited July 2014