“Perfect lunch for 80th birthdaty”

Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I decided to take my Mother for her 80th birthday just for lunch. Unfortunately the restaurant in the main hotel wasn't open (it being a Tuesday in February) but I decided to book the 1620 bistro as my Mother loves Llandudno and it was a chance to experience the hotel. My husbad and I have stayed preivously (for New Year) and had lunch in the bistro.

We arrived late as we got slightly lost! My Mother did mention to the lovely waitress that it might be helpful if there were more signs available around Llandudno pointing you in the right direction. We had to ask several locals before eventually finding it. (SatNav is not an option - my husband and I tried that and ended up ringing the hotel for directions anyway!)

That said, we had a most enjoyable lunch experience. We chose a main/dessert option. My Mother had the chicken with polenta which was beautifully presented and I opted for the mussels as a main course. They were absolutely gorgeous, hot and the "jus" divine. I ordered chips as an afterthought and they arrived promptly and were really crisp and hot!

Chocolate Mousse was my Mother's choice and I opted for the rhubarb crumble which was absolutely delicious. I have to say the presentation and attention to detail was second to none in all the dishes.

The young lady waitress was extremely attentive and a delightful addition to the experience.

I would definitely make the trip again and hopefully enjoy lunch in the main hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We looked forward to returning to this hotel from the minute we left last time. It did not disappoint, staff and facilities were excellent yet again. The food in the Bistro was excellent and very reasonably priced too. Our room this time was Mill Cottage and as we had our small dog with us it had a little garden area. There are walks in the grounds and really no need to move the car during your stay, this makes it all the more relaxing. The gardens are very well cared for and in the next couple of weeks will be wonderful with all the spring flowers.
We look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Always fancied staying in this National Trust hotel, and the day came at last on my birthday.
Suffice to say everything met up with expectations. Our room - park cottage- was more like a little flat, with large lounge, enormous bedroom and bed (zip link). There was a little "kitchen" to make tea (no cooker though - as if you would want one).
Two bathrooms, two tvs, and the soft furnishings were sumptuous.
The pool was gorgeous, nice and warm.
The food in the main restaurant was delicious - expensive yes but you knew that when you booked it didn't you? Little tip, when you order your main course order some extra veg, because you don't receive any. didn't take anything away from the gorgeousness of the food but we were a bit hungry, no matter we had pud!
The building itself was beautiful, yes very national trust - and the garden, well it reminded us of Powys castle nuff said.
Finally, the staff were lovely, welcoming, informal, just right.

Oh yes, we will be back!

Room Tip: Park cottage is enormous,and allowed our little dog
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

I attended my first wine and champagne evening last night- such an amazing experience and thoroughly enjoyable. Staff were so helpful. I didn't stay at the hotel- seemed a bit extravagant when I only live 10 minutes away!!
Will certainly be visiting again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this excellent hotel,set in many acres of parkland.Situated just 5mins from Llandudno and the many other attractions of north Wales,this is a jem.Go out of season when there are many deals on offer and you will be on to a winner.The accommodation is sumptuous and the food is to match.

Room Tip: Room facing the garden.Sun in all day.
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Just returned from a 6 day stay at "Bodysgallen.We have been visiting this hotel for the last 27 years,and we couldn't have enjoyed this visit more.The hotel had blazing log fires,and our "hotel cottage" was warm and comfortable.Dinner in the main dining room was of a very high standard.Meat,game and fish served with delicious sauces.The Chef could hold his own in any London restaurant.We dined twice in the "1620" .this is a much less formal dining room,but again the food being served is excellent Bistro food.Every day we made full use of the Spa.often having the large swimming pool to ourselves.To be swimming along in a warm pool,while watching through the windows snow falling,is my idea of heaven!The hotel staff in what ever department they work could not be friendlier and more efficient.Smiles from everyone you see.Hotels that work on all levels I think need a Manager who is very much "hands on",and in Matthew Johnson , Bodysgallen Hall has just that.He heads an excellent team,and we can't wait to return.With all the road improvements over the last 27 years our journey time by car from London to North Walesis now down to 3hours45minutes.A journey well worth making.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed at the Hotel on business related issues over the weekend. I had not been for many many years and I have to say the Hotel, Staff, Service, Food , Spa were just truly amazing.
The location is so central to get out and about, my Spa treatment was probably one of the best I had ever had.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very individual but the rooms in the main house are lovely
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank absolutevenues
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandudno
The Imperial Hotel
Empire Hotel Llandudno
Empire Hotel Llandudno
#12 of 60 in Llandudno
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa

Been to Bodysgallen Hall & Spa? Share your experiences!