I decided to take my Mother for her 80th birthday just for lunch. Unfortunately the restaurant in the main hotel wasn't open (it being a Tuesday in February) but I decided to book the 1620 bistro as my Mother loves Llandudno and it was a chance to experience the hotel. My husbad and I have stayed preivously (for New Year) and had lunch in the bistro.
We arrived late as we got slightly lost! My Mother did mention to the lovely waitress that it might be helpful if there were more signs available around Llandudno pointing you in the right direction. We had to ask several locals before eventually finding it. (SatNav is not an option - my husband and I tried that and ended up ringing the hotel for directions anyway!)
That said, we had a most enjoyable lunch experience. We chose a main/dessert option. My Mother had the chicken with polenta which was beautifully presented and I opted for the mussels as a main course. They were absolutely gorgeous, hot and the "jus" divine. I ordered chips as an afterthought and they arrived promptly and were really crisp and hot!
Chocolate Mousse was my Mother's choice and I opted for the rhubarb crumble which was absolutely delicious. I have to say the presentation and attention to detail was second to none in all the dishes.
The young lady waitress was extremely attentive and a delightful addition to the experience.
I would definitely make the trip again and hopefully enjoy lunch in the main hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing in over 200 acres of its own parkland to the south of Llandudno with spectacular views of Snowdonia and Conwy Castle. Believed to have 13th century origins, Bodysgallen Hall provides all that is best in country house hospitality. Beautiful gardens include a rare 17th century parterre of box hedges filled with sweet-scented herbs, a rockery with a cascade, a walled rose garden, and several follies. Historic House Hotels Ltd bought and rescued the house from a dilapidated state in 1981 and restored the 17th century house and gardens. In September 2008 Historic House Hotels Ltd and its interest in all its properties were given to the National Trust to ensure their long-term protection, with all profits benefiting the houses and the charity.The 15 extremely comfortable bedrooms in the Main Hall offer several different room types, including the four elegant principal suites. Each bedroom is individually decorated and furnished with antique furniture, paintings and prints, enjoying glorious views of Bodysgallen's parkland or gardens, with some rooms having further reaching views of Conwy Castle or the distant Mountains of Snowdonia. There are 16 cottage suites with picturesque names like The Smithy, Box Cottage and Pineapple Lodge, are situated in the grounds, and provide accommodation for guests preferring a greater degree of privacy. Many cottages enjoy their own private gardens and some are in close proximity to the Bodysgallen Spa. All are charming and delightful. The Dining Room in the main hall has been awarded three rosettes for fine dining by the AA - the only restaurant in Llandudno to be awarded such - and offers imaginative meals prepared from fresh local produce and complemented by fine wine, and overlooks the gardens and has been recognised as one of the best places for Sunday Lunch in the United Kingdom by The Observer newspaper.The Spa is approached by a short walk through the garden or by a private road. Converted from an original stone built farm it contains a magnificent 50' swimming pool edged with comfortable reclining chairs, whirlpool spa bath, steam room and sauna. A superb gymnasium has all the latest technologically advanced equipment, suitable for all ranges of fitness. A comfortable Club Room is a place where guests and members can relax and enjoy drinks and light meals, which in the summer are also served on the terrace. Residential guests have full use of the Bodysgallen Spa.Bodysgallen Hall is situated about 2 miles south from Llandudno and the North Wales coast. It is surrounded by over 200 acres of beautiful gardens and wooded parkland. Bodysgallen Hall has magnificent views of Snowdonia, and Conwy Castle. It's the perfect setting for a relaxed holiday at all times of the year. The hotel is ideally placed for visiting the many historic castles and stately homes in North Wales as well as the famous golf courses that adorn the coastline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bodysgallen Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bodysgallen Hall Hotel Llandudno
- Bodysgallen Hall And Spa
- Bodysgallen Hall Llandudno
- Bodysgallen Hall & Spa Llandudno, Wales