“A great winter weekend break”
Review of Bay County Hotel

Bay County Hotel
Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and myself spent 3 nights at the county over the weekend of 14/15/16 th of February.We arrived on a rainy and cold Friday afternoon to a warm and pleasant hotel.
As is "Shearings" policy we booked in at 15-00.We had prior booked a sea room and parking space.
The room was well decorated and lovely and warm.Bathroom was quite big to.
The dining room layout and decor was good.The waiter service was very efficient,and ours was very polite and friendly.Meals were of a good quality and choice,and quantity
The entertainment was excellent in the downstairs ballroom.
Perhaps we had picked the right weekend being valentines,as the majority of the other guests were very friendly,and this made the weekend all the better.
We have never stayed at the county before having previously stayed at the sister hotel the "marine".
We would almost certainly return to the county again.
Thanks to all the staff for making it such an enjoyable weekend.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors are quieter at night.
1  Thank john h
TheCountyHotel, Manager at Bay County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Johnh
It looks like we have made another convert to the county. Thank you for your comments we look forwards to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have just returned from a self drive, 4 night holiday at this hotel, which we enjoyed very much. There are comfortable lounges to relax in plus a very nice bar area. The dining room is very nice with sea views, and the food was excellent with plenty of choices. The price of the drinks are quite steep so the 4 free vouchers each at the gala dinner night were very welcome. Our bedroom was on the side with a sea view, it was nicely furnished with plenty of drawers and hanging space, and the twin beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was tiny but adequate with a bath with shower over it. The ballroom is down some stairs so it would be difficult for disabled people to get down there. There is parking at the rear of the hotel for a charge, but there is parking on the promenade. Our bedroom was lovely and warm but some people complained there bedrooms were cold. We would certainly stay at a Shearings hotel in future.

Room Tip: 114 twin room, on the side with sea view.
1  Thank moharri
TheCountyHotel, Manager at Bay County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Moharri
Great Review with lots of helpful infomation I'm sure lots of trip advisor readers will find it very helpful. We do always have staff available to assist any guests down to the ballroom.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Wife and I had 4 night midweek break at end of Jan 2014, Could not fault the service, food and entertainment. For what you pay, it's amazing. Comedian, Joey Howerd was outstanding. Best comic we have seen in years.

Room Tip: Room 329 has great sea view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Glynn W

Dear GlynnW
Thank you for your brilliant review I will pass on your comments to Joey who will be delighted.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Had great break through national hols.the hotel provided excellent value for money. Could not find fault including entertainment which was first class. Would highly recommend and would definitely use bay hotels again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anthony b

Dear AnthonyB
Short and sweet is how I would describe your review which is just how I like them. Recommendations from our guests are the best compliment we can get so many thanks.
General manager

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I spent a very pleasant weekend at this hotel as part of a group with Shearings. I was very pleased with my room. It was on a high floor and I had a lovely side sea view. The room was comfortable and I felt cosy. The quality and choice of meals was very good and the waiter serving my table friendly and efficient. I was seated with a couple and another solo traveller. The other solo lady had tagged onto the couple so it seemed a good idea for us all to sit together. It was great to have company at mealtimes and also for the evening entertainment. I was a bit worried because I was on a party weekend and I'm not a party person. I thought it would be a bit noisy etc in the entertainment venue. How wrong I was. It was very sedate. I loved the bingo each evening.( This is the only time I ever play bingo - on holiday in hotels- so it's a bit of a treat.) the entertainers were worth watching too.
I did a lot of walking whilst in Llandudno and chose this hotel because it was further to walk into the town. Very handy for the big shops like Asda and the retail park if you get stuck for something to do.
Thank you to the management and staff at the County. I look forward to another trip to a Bay hotel later in the year.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank sunsparkle69

Dear Sunsparkle69
Many of our guests who travel alone especially for the first time are a little anxious about meal times and it's great to hear from you about how much you enjoyed the company of others as do most of our guests. Its lovely to read how much you enjoyed your stay and many thanks for your glowing report .

Reviewed 11 February 2014

7 of us have just returned from a Shearings weekend break at the County Hotel Llandudno, what a fabulous hotel this is , we had a very warm welcome from the staff at reception , our rooms were spotless and very comfortable . the lounge areas were also spotless and comfortable .
The dining room overlooked the promenade where we had a very good choice of meals at breakfast and evening , the food was excellent all weekend and served by our very efficient waiter Bruno .
Evening entertainment was brilliant all weekend in the lovely ballroom .
All of our party could not speak highly enough of this hotel , many thanks to all the staff and to Shearings for a fabulous weekend break , we don't know how they do it for the price we paid !!!.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank alonski

Dear Alonski
Sounds like a perfect weekend and I'm thrilled with the comments you make especially the ones about the staff. We always raise these reviews at our staff meetings and it's a pleasure to read out the good ones.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We visited the Bay County Hotel because we had booked a theatre visit and we had been there before. When we booked into the hotel we mentioned that we had booked that night for the theatre they were excellent and bent over backwards making sure we had evening meal quick so we could get there on time. We stopped there a long weekend Friday - Monday the food was excellent they have a cracking chef all meals were hot and tasty. Now I come to the but bit the room that we had could do with a bit of a refurb the carpet was threadbare in places, the mattresses on the beds were very uncomfortable and seen better days and want changing, the floorboards in the bathroom are a accident in waiting those nails in the floorboards are going to work out how the boards move when walked on.

Room Tip: Ask to have a look before you say yes
2  Thank Exminer1948

Dear Exminer1948
I'm delighted to read how we looked after you with regards to your Theatre night. We are currently having 16 rooms totally refurbished and I'm certain that the room you refer to will be on that list. I have passed on your comments to our Chef.