“Loved it”

Ranked #46 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
liverpool
“Loved it”
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I recently spent a wonderful 4 days at the Risboro Hotel.
Mother,Father, myself(37) and daughter(2).I am ashamed to say this is the first time I have had a holiday in this country and was a bit apprehensive but was so impressed with the service this hotel provided that I am booking for next year and taking my niece with me.

This hotel is not the most modern but my room had been recently decorated and was clean and very spacious.Coffee/tea and milk replaced in room every day,also clean towels provided every day.

A highchair was provided for my daughter and placed in a conveinent area of the dining room as my father is disabled and using walking sticks the table was very well chosen and had obviously been thought about.All meals were hot and very tasty and if you need anything else the staff were only to happy to help.

The swimming pool was an added bonus.It was very,very clean and lovely and warm.I cannot comment on the gym as I did not use it but on a return visit I would check it out.

Finally I would just like to comment on how friendly,helpful and welcoming all members of staff were.They all made a fuss of my daughter and any teething problems this hotel does have will some be overcome with such a great team.

• Liked — Location and staff in hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cazadoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
s.yorkshire
Reviewed 4 July 2008

no probs with the hotel,our room was very clean the food was good(plenty of it too)the bar staff was a bit abrupt and the maid service for the bedrooms wasnt too good but overall we did enjoy our stay.

• Disliked — nothing at all
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank valbateman06

Travellers are raving about these Llandudno hotels

midlands
Reviewed 31 May 2008

we loved our stay at this hotel everything was wonderful the food was fab verey friendly people we are going back next year we also read the reviews thay were not at all what some people had said about this hotel we had a great time thanks to all the staff and miss boffy ( alberts daughter )

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank dingals
East Yorks
Reviewed 26 May 2008

Having seen recent reviews I was a little concerned as I was taking a party of 24 golfers.
I needn't have worried.
The hotel is under new management and does require updating but Rome wasn't built in a day !
We had 16 rooms and no one had any issues with the rooms or cleanliness. A leaking pipe was resolved immediately by moving to a new (larger) room.
Breakfast was above average but the staff are what makes this hotel as they are excellent.
Overall this hotel is ideally located, excellent value for money and has great people
When the refurbishments are completed this will be a jewel

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed May 2008
1 Thank EastYorksGolfer
Midlands
Reviewed 30 March 2008

We have stayed at the Risboro for the past 5 years, and it had been going downhill, the owners were running it into the ground as they wanted to sell it and be rid of it.
Fortunately, this year, it had been taken over, and the new management and staff were very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The swimming pool was actually heated for the first time since we started coming (it was very warm!)
Money is now being invested in the hotel and much needed improvements are being made.
They could do with adding a few more menu options though (we were given a choice of meat or fish only served with potatoes and vegetables)
Entertainment was provided on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, and a great time was had by all (our youngest family member was 3 and the oldest 84!)
Looking forward to returning next year!

From the Pugh, Price and Brooks families

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank FamilyofWags
manchester
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I stayed for two nights ( food included) the Risboro hotel (clement avenue/Llandudno ) in October 2007

The hotel was not clean, gym was shut, damp patches on the walls, holes in the walls, very poor carpets ( threadbare & ill fitting)

The food served on the second night was not cooked properly and could not be eaten

Our first room had not been cleaned and the second room was not clean and had broken mirrors

If you like antique tvs (30 years old) with no remote controls stay here

No self service at breakfast - had to tell the staff everything you wanted from cereals to cold toast - on the second morning everything was either warm or cold - nothing hot

Must be the worst hotel I hve ever stayed at

Stayed October 2007
29 Thank jen028
tidno, Owner at The Risboro Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2007
Having recently purchased this Hotel it was my unfortunate task to accept a booking from a group of line dancers. The group had initially booked with the previous owners and paid a £500 deposit which they pocketed leaving us no trace of the booking. We then re-arranged our bookings to accomodate them (what a mistake) from the outset the organisers of this party treated my family and staff with total contempt. I found this totally confusing until i approatched them on departure with our BILL. I was then informed by the organiser that unless we made a substantial reduction in the amount they would report me to the health authority and other bodies of complaint. I informed them that i would not submit to Blackmail and unless my Bill was paid in full I would inform the Police. They paid the bill uttering threats and general profanity.
The following week we had visits from various bodies Health included all of which went away happy with our runniong of the Hotel.
I was then informed by the previous manager who I contacted that this group had pulled the same stunt the previous year but he had capitulated and reduced their bill by 50%.
Many of the Guests apologised to myself, family and staff for the behaviour of the organisors saying what a great time they had. A factor borne out by the genorous tips given to staff.
I have documented evidence to prove my claims and if anyone wishes to see it please contact the Hotel.
Having been a Hotelier for10 years this booking was the worst I have had to deal with.
Colin Shingler
Stockport
Reviewed 7 October 2007

Had stayed at the hotel many years ago when the original owners managed the premises and enjoyed the visit, service and facilities. One or two subsequent visits after the premises had been taken over by a different concern were not too pleasant in terms of service and staff courtesy. The hotel has now changed ownership once more and on my recent visits in July and August 2007 found the new owners to be very friendly and approachable. There are teething problems of course but am confident that the new owners will make every effort to restore the qualities and standards which were evident on my first visit. Like most hotels parts of the internal decoration need a facelift but the location, nicely situated between the main promenade and West shore is convenient and the swimming pool and gymnasium facilities, if properly maintained, are a definite plus.

• Liked — Swimming Pool
  • Disliked — Nothing particularly
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
9 Thank swimfan099
tidno, Owner at The Risboro Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2007
Thank you who ever wrote this for what I regard an honest appraisal of the situation.

Colin Shingler