We had booked a classic double room for a hree night weekend break. Upon arrival we asked about the possibility about an upgrade to a sea view room but unfortunately for us (fortunately for the hotel) the hotel was fully booked. We were however offered a sea view room for our third night which we declined as it had meant having to move all our luggage. Our allocated room was very nice with a king size bed and plenty of room to move about and plenty of storage room. Without us asking for it and without us being asked we were allocated a room for disabled access. This may have accounted for the extra space. However the bathroom layout was a bit disconcerting for two people who are relatively tall. The sink was at a lower level (our 8 year old grandson would have loved it) which meant we had to bend down when using the sink. The toilet was raised (not really a bad thing) but had no toilet lid as a fitted back cushion would not allow for this. So we were left looking at a toilet bowl every time we used the low level sink. As the hotel was fully booked we could not ask for another room :(. The WifFi never worked in our room although it worked perfectly in the restaurant. Reception tried to fix this on the first day of our arrival but then forgot to follow it up and when I mentioned it again on day 3 they were surprised that it hadn't been fixed. There was a big wedding on the weekend we stayed so all the staff were busy with the wedding party and guests. We felt a bit like a 3rd wheel. The hotel itself is very nice, warm and clean. No doubt if we had stayed when they were not fully booked we would have received more attention and probably the high standard of service that we expected based on other guests reviews. The hotel is in a lovely location right by the promenade and views across the bay and to the Great Orme are fantastic. There is also quick and easy access to the town centre with a great selection of shops. Parking was a bit of a struggle on the second night because of the wedding party and we had to park in one of the nearby sidestreets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Llandudno and all that the North Wales Coast has to offer in stylish sophistication and contemporary luxury at the AA Hotel of the Year for Wales. The Award Winning St Georges Hotel, cleverly combines traditional Victorian elegance and its stunning setting with the comfort of a luxurious 4 star Hotel. Every detail of the hotel is designed to offer a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, calm moods and a fresh, professional approach to service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your St. George's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Llandudno
- St Georges Hotel Llandudno
- St George Hotel Llandudno
- St. George's Hotel Llandudno, Wales