We stayed at the St Georges for one night. Firstly we arrived at 12.30pm and were exhausted as my daughter is on tour and the room wasnt ready. On arrival we were greeted at the entrance by about 7 people blocking the entrance smoking. This is not a great welcome particularly if you are allergic to cigarette smoke. There was a wedding at the Hotel so was really busy. I did ask to be put into a quiet room and they assured me that it was quiet. The room itself was lovely and the beds the most comfortable beds I have stayed in. Having said that for a twin room it was quite small but it had a really large bathroom and small passageway. I would be more inclined to make the bedroom larger. We had lunch in the tea room which was absolutely lovely and service there was impeccable. When we arrived back at the Hotel at about 10.30pm we were exhausted and there was a lot of noise coming from the wedding party. I was assured that we were in a quiet room and we were on the 3rd floor so wouldnt hear it. We this wasnt the case. We were above the conservatory and the noise was shocking. The quieter rooms Im sure would have been at the front of the Hotel. I did have to ring down to reception to ask how long the music would go on for and was told it would finish at midnight. Not great since we had been trying to sleep from 11pm. What I will say is that the Hotel is a lovely building with lovely staff but there could be more lifts, more space between breakfast tables (we were crammed in and having breakfast so close to other guests), having said that breakfast was fantastic. There are lots of things that could make this Hotel better, such as the reception. It is quite shabby. The lifts can only fit 4 people and are very basic. Not a lot of parking and if you do manage to park around the back there is no way into the Hotel from the back, you have to walk all the way back around. What I really liked about St Georges was the lovely tea room overlooking the sea. I would stay again but maybe next time request a room overlooking the sea and not the noisy conservatory and car park/back lane!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Llandudno and all that the North Wales Coast has to offer in stylish sophistication and contemporary luxury at the AA Hotel of the Year for Wales. The Award Winning St Georges Hotel, cleverly combines traditional Victorian elegance and its stunning setting with the comfort of a luxurious 4 star Hotel. Every detail of the hotel is designed to offer a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, calm moods and a fresh, professional approach to service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your St. George's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Llandudno
- St Georges Hotel Llandudno
- St George Hotel Llandudno
- St. George's Hotel Llandudno, Wales