“England in Wales”
Review of St. George's Hotel

St. George's Hotel
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Very nice position and very friendly and helpful staff, mostly from Lancashire I think.
The room we had was a bit bijoux but had two three foot beds which were very comfortable.
Excellent newly refurbed bathroom.
Welsh breakfast indistinguishable from English but very good with decent coffee.
Only downsides were creaky floorboards, the door to the corridor fitted very approximately, problematical parking (although the staff seemed to cope well when double parking was necessary) and a four man lift.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms even smaller and with four foot six double beds we were told, no good for large Mr So...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you for this review but my my, it's put the cat amongst the seagulls, I must say. !!
Your review title I presume comes from our name St George's, however we are proud of our Welsh history which we display in the foyer for the benefit of our guests to understand the small part St George's played in the making of this beautiful part of Wales over the last 160 years.
As to our team it is a wonderful eclectic mix but what is important, is your conclusion that our team are a very friendly and helpful bunch.
Our breakfast is a Welsh breakfast we wouldn't, and couldn't call it anything else, with local sausages, bacon and eggs, with local jams and honeys. Thank you for saying how good it was, probably because it was local...
Regarding your Room Tip: Sea view rooms are sold as Standard or Premier, similar to our Side and Town views. The best Room Tip: Is to contact our Reservation Team who allocates your room to ensure you have the room you want.
We hope we will again have the opportunity of offering you a warm Welsh Welcome when next visiting Wales, Llandudno and St George's.
kind regards

There are newer reviews for St. George's Hotel

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Just spent three nights here and couldn't fault it. Lovely room very clean even the outside of the hotel has been painted beautifully. Excellent staff and a great breakfast! Had to park on the road outside but this wasn't a problem and only £1.50 a day.

• Stayed: April 2013
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

We were so pleased to read how much it meant to you and how you found your stay so memorable. It is a great accolade for the team and so very much appreciated by us all, that your stay was the very 'best'.
We thank you for your suggestions and will always look to improve and hope there will be an opportunity to welcome you back to St George's and Llandudno.
With all our very best wishes.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights over Easter for a family wedding and we were really impressed with the hotel and town - I have previously thought Llandudno was just for oldies! Breakfast were really good with a wide choice of cold buffet and hot items from the kitchen. Snacks were available throughout the day and were great. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and our room was a good size with a clean bathroom. The hotel is on the main prom with great views.

The only negative comment about the hotel is that the rooms were rather warm...no they were stiffling but you eventually got used to it. Also previous guests must have feed the seagulls as several insistant seagulls landed on our window ledge several times a day, making a racket, in search of food. Throwing a pillow at the window or making a loud noise usually got rid of them.

Would recommend this hotel to people of all ages, its perfect for a relaxing break and in a great location in the town.

Room Tip: pay extra for a sea view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Such a lovely review and more so with your kind comments on St George's and Llandudno and would have to agree, that there is something here for all ages, as well as being in a wonderful location.
As for the seagulls, well perhaps as an idea should I take up falconry!!! however we do ask our guests not to feed them. At least you end by saying, what a perfect relaxing break you had, so we hope it won't be too soon before another visit to Llandudno and St George's.
best wishes

Reviewed 11 April 2013

As a disabled person I was a little fearful of the weekend. My fears were groundless. From arrival to departure I was treated like royalty.My room was superb. The food apart from the Friday night was of the highest quality and the staff were so well trained, so pleasant and helpful and so knowledgeable. I didn`t want to leave. It was the best weekend of my life.The Friday buffet was expensive and I had expected a cold buffet with a serve yourself option. Instead there was cheesy pasta, pasta, red cabbage, vegetables and what looked like a beef stew. My fault, I know, but I hate pasta and red meat . The desserts were a diabetic`s nightmare. Christina did her very best to see that I had something to eat but truly it was not worth £26. The bar only had diet coke so I had to drink plain water....there are plenty of sugar-free drinks on the market. This is my only complaint. As for the staff they are a credit to whoever trained them.In particular can I say a huge thank you to the girls on reception, to James, Robert and Aaron and Valerie and her colleagues on the catering side. May I be very presumptuous and make a few suggestions? Enabled room 324 needs a much lower hanging rail...all my clothes had to lie on the floor and I couldn`t reach the iron.Is there space in the foyer for small gift shop of Welsh crafts and gifts? I have now stayed in 207 hotels world wide and St George`s is
the best.

Room Tip: Ask when you book.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

We were so pleased to read, how as a disabled person you found your stay so memorable. It is a great accolade and is so very much appreciated, by all the team that your stay was the 'Best'.
We thank you for your couple of suggestions and will look to how we can improve and even more so hope there will be an opportunity to welcome you back to St George's and Llandudno.
All our best wishes

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Fantastic hotel highly recommended however they need to put a bit more into food for the Groups that stay 2 small potatoes 1 piece of meat cut very thin and 2 veg for a main is not quite enough Overall the Hotel and staff are fantastic

Stayed: July 2012
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you for 'highly recommending us and how 'fantastic' you think the team are.
We do note your point on food portions and even though it is 8 to 9 months since you stayed, do please contact me directly so I may understand the circumstances surrounding the matter.
We believe we provide value for money and regret in anyway this may have detracted from what seems an excellent stay and more importantly one you wish to repeat.
kind regards

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have stayed with my husband a few times, on conferences. We have always had a good stay & I like the oldy worldy charm of the place. The breakfasts are wonderful, as is the afternoon tea and the staff very keen to be helpful. I always look forward to returning & the location is superb! Vegetarians are well catered for and I look forward to going back..can't wait.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing and it is good to know you will be looking forward to returning to St George's and we will be here with a warm welcome and am sure another enjoyable stay.
Best wishes from all at St George's.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I reacently took my parents who were celibrating their 6oth wedding anniversary to this hotel. The staff were superb and ensured that my parents and their guests had a wonderful time. The weather precluded a trip out, but there was a comfortable atmosphere in the hotel. On the Saturday dinner was fantastic. We were treated to a private dining room and even though the staff were at full strech due to other functions and a full resturant they ensured that the celibrations went smoothly. The exterior of the hotel was undergoing a major referbishment and you could see the difference and when compleated will look amazing. I would encourage any one to visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Firstly our sincere congratulations to your mum and dad on their diamond wedding anniversary.
All the team were delighted to see you back and celebrating such a special occasion.
Thank you again for your kind comments all the team do appreciate your words, and would agree how wonderful the appearance of St. George's is following the refurbishment.
Hope to see you back soon.
All our best wishes