We went here for 2 nights for our 30th wedding anniversary. We booked for 2 nights, dinner, bed and breakfast and the cost was £490. Expensive, yes, but we expected luxury for that price. We had room 119 sea view and balcony. Room was clean but VERY small. After some time trying to move around each other I went to reception and said the room was too small. They showed us 2 other rooms which were both small but 122 was slightly bigger, so we chose that 1 and had to go through all the bother of moving our stuff. We went for dinner that night and it was okay but nothing special. Went back to the room and when I put the lamp on I cut my finger as the stand, which was glass was broken. Called reception and they brought up a plaster and were apologetic. I wasn't to bothered with this as it was a small cut, but this should not have happened. Anyway settled down for the night but couldn't sleep as the room was far to hot, we opened balcony door to try and cool room down, this didn't work as there was no breeze that night, then tried air conditioning but this didn't work so again called reception. Night porter came and he couldn't get it to work and apologised. Couldn't leave balcony door open as we could hear traffic going by and it was unsafe to do this. We had only couple hours sleep due to the heat and the light shining through around the door. At breakfast I found the meal cold and overall not so good, have had far better and hot breakfasts elsewhere. Decided not to stay that night and went to reception, a manager was called and was aware of what had happened overnight and apologised. We told him we wanted to leave and not stay that night. This was ok and he asked for bill to be processed, charging us full price for that night, I said we hadn't slept etc., so he took 10% of. We paid £202.50 for the 1 nights dinner bed and breakfast. Only spent in total about 18 hours in the hotel. I really wanted to like this place but would say it was overpriced for what you get. If you are paying good money you expect a great stay. The hotel is clean and is in great location but overpriced for what you get. Also it can be noisy with a room at the front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Llandudno and all that the North Wales Coast has to offer in stylish sophistication and contemporary luxury at the AA Hotel of the Year for Wales. The Award Winning St Georges Hotel, cleverly combines traditional Victorian elegance and its stunning setting with the comfort of a luxurious 4 star Hotel. Every detail of the hotel is designed to offer a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, calm moods and a fresh, professional approach to service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your St. George's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Llandudno
- St Georges Hotel Llandudno
- St George Hotel Llandudno
- St. George's Hotel Llandudno, Wales