We have been to Llandudno many times and have always looked at St Georges hotel and thought how nice it would be to stay there. We have been in for drinks in the past and the terrace bar and reception area look very grand.
We decided to treat my disabled Nan to a luxury one night stay in the hotel and wanted to give her an extra special treat of a luxury room.
Before booking I phoned to make sure they could assist with her scooter needs, her room access and shower access. We booked one king size luxury balcony room and a king size suite with balcony. We booked my Nan the suite as an extra special treat and also because on phoning they advised me there was an individual shower cubical in there with easy access.
We were very excited with the build up to our stay as we were paying an awful lot of money for 3 people to stay in two of the top rooms for one night, on arrival we checked in okay.
On entering my Nans suite I was so upset, there was dust everywhere, there was a huge what looked like red wine stain on the floor the length of the wardrobe, the bathroom floor was covered in different hairs obviously left from previous guests and to my disbelief....there were two really awkward steps up onto the balcony...this had not been mentioned when I phoned before booking.
On checking out kingsize room, we had pretty much the same issues and our bathroom floor was disguisting and also hairs in the bedding which I feel is totally un acceptable. I have stayed in many luxury hotels and for this price and room quality I would never expect them to be in these states....especially for them both to be, it is obviously the general cleaning standards.
We decided to go out and informed reception on the way out, they informed a manager and we showed him the issues in both rooms.
I am sorry this review is so long but I am in disbelief and so upset about our stay as it is unacceptable and we were so looking forward to it.
On returning to the hotel, they had taken the cushions with stains away, had a dust around, changed our bedding but had not cleaned either floor....or even apologised further or made us feel appreciated as a paying guest, usually the hotel will want to make you feel special, relaxed and want to return. We felt like they get enough bookings, maybe from people who don't stay other places, who don't like to complain so they didn't feel they needed to make us feel special.
I phoned reception and on returning again in the evening the bathroom floors had clearly been wiped, still nothing further was said or anything given to make up for that.
So for a one night stay that was how we spent it. I must say the location and porters were excellent but the cleanliness is a basic requirement and it wasn't just one room or a minor issue. The curtains and net curtains in the rooms all have marks on them and I don't know when they will remove the old large wine stains but when you walk in to the top rooms you want to say "WOW" and tell everyone about it. Not think what am I doing here and feel that they don't care, don't go out of their way for paying guests and didn't even give anything as a little gesture to apologise. I do hope the staff have been spoken to as if other rooms are like that, it is a lazy cleaner and not acceptable.
My Nan enjoyed the stay but wasn't able to enjoy the balcony which we paid for the suite as a treat for her and she wasn't made to feel special there like I really wanted for her.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Llandudno and all that the North Wales Coast has to offer in stylish sophistication and contemporary luxury at the AA Hotel of the Year for Wales. The Award Winning St Georges Hotel, cleverly combines traditional Victorian elegance and its stunning setting with the comfort of a luxurious 4 star Hotel. Every detail of the hotel is designed to offer a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, calm moods and a fresh, professional approach to service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. George's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Llandudno
- St Georges Hotel Llandudno
- St George Hotel Llandudno
- St. George's Hotel Llandudno, Wales