This overnight stay which was a gift for my parents and unfortunately it started off rather disappointingly. We had booked 2 rooms, both the same rate through booking,com and it wasn't cheap at £165 per night. The first room we were given 307, which was allocated to my parents was no bigger than a postage stamp and to be honest I'd have still been disappointed even if we had only paid £100 per night. The second room 406 was better, although you are situated up in the eaves of the hotel
I understand it is height of season for Llandudno, but how can 2 rooms booked together for the same rate be sooooo different in size! Unfortunately the biggest disappointment for me and the reason I have marked this hotel down was how the reception staff dealt with the issue. They are on the face of it, friendly on arrival, smiley and accommodating, however once we expressed disappointment in our room, you see a whole different side don't you. I do understand they were busy however, its really not acceptable to transfer an already disappointed customer to a manager without announcing the call & explaining the issue and then proceeding to be off with that same customer when they next arrive at the reception desk is does not help to curtail the issue. The situation was resolved by reservations and we did fortunately end up with 2 similar sized rooms, although I must say it was mostly salvaged by the kindness of Tony the porter who carried our luggage between rooms and helped to pacify us sufficiently to stop us walking out.
Both he and Tony Forest the breakfast waiter provided to us what I can only describe as good old fashioned customer service. Both of these guys could not do enough for us and I'm pleased to say cancelled out the rather upsetting start.
The food at the hotel is excellent, we ate in the lounge bar in the evening and the breakfast was of the same standard the following morning.
All round a good hotel, the rooms are not as impressive as the outside, well the 3 we saw anyway! I would like to hope that we were just unlucky and that the service level on reception is as good as the rest of the staff when they are not as busy as they were this weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Llandudno and all that the North Wales Coast has to offer in stylish sophistication and contemporary luxury at the AA Hotel of the Year for Wales. The Award Winning St Georges Hotel, cleverly combines traditional Victorian elegance and its stunning setting with the comfort of a luxurious 4 star Hotel. Every detail of the hotel is designed to offer a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, calm moods and a fresh, professional approach to service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your St. George's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Llandudno
- St Georges Hotel Llandudno
- St George Hotel Llandudno
- St. George's Hotel Llandudno, Wales