“wonderful location, pleasant room, lovely food”
Review of St. George's Hotel

St. George's Hotel
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed for 1 night in a family room mid August.

On arrival our room was not ready, however we were given complimentary tea and soft drink while we waited.

Reception didn't give as much information as you might usually expect, such as which room you would take your evening meal in or where breakfast was to be served.

The room was facing the back of the hotel, but I paid a cheaper rate. The view really didn't matter to me or my family. The room was very comfortable. A sofa bed was ready made up for my daughter, which she said was very comfy too. There was the usual sort of things in the room. A TV, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. More importantly the room was very clean - in fact everywhere we went in the hotel it was clean.

The evening meal was wonderful, adults and children are well catered for. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful.

The location of the hotel is superb. It's on the Promenade near the Pier.

We had a wonderful time, and will certainly return some day. I booked this with Booking.com - that turned out to be a mistake, as they charged me the price for 1 adult and 2 children under 5. I had to pay the different on arrival. That did not please me too much!

r.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TheJohnsons77
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for reviewing and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and have noted a couple of points. Reception am pleased to read they offered complimentary teas while you waited for your room yet note more information and explanation would have assisted regarding dining.
As for booking through third party as with some of my recent responses there is no better assurance then calling our Reservations team direct, as you will be offered the same best rates but have the confidence that the details are right and the reassurance of actually achieving the best room available for your stay.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 1 September 2014

The service clearly stood out as excellent. Young and helpful and very understanding to our early morning routines they still managed to feed us every morning. Congratulations to the management, great recruiting routines.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you and appreciate your kind words, the aim from all the team is always to provide a warm welcome and excellent service and we're only too pleased, that is what you experienced and enjoyed.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Loved it from start to finish. Bedroom fabulous with a put up bed put in our room especially for my little girl. All staff are so friendly and all food was delicious . My little girl loved her stay so much,she declared "it was the saddest day of my life leaving !" Haha, she is six and really loved her stay. My favourite bit was the breakfasts, I was full for the day ,really delicious choice. The building itself is amazing and kept so well. The outside is equally as impressive as the inside. Thank-you, I would love to return....next year hopefully x

1  Thank Laura T

What a lovely review, loved it from 'start to finish'. We all really appreciate your kind words and it is so encouraging that it is noticed how hard we work to keep St George's at it's best inside and out.
Will look forward to making your little girl have one of her happiest days when next returning to St George's.
All our Best Wishes

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have just finished a short family break at the hotel. Let me say this was an excellent trip with an excellent and attentive staff. In particular we would like to thank Valerie and the breakfast staff, nothing was too much trouble for her, she was well organised and had a friendly word for everyone . Good range of food and well set out . Maria the chef was also very friendly as also were the evening bar staff. All the family hope to return and to make it an annual holiday.

Room Tip: Side rooms were very quiet
2  Thank barbaragr187069

A lovely review and so pleased it was such a memorable and enjoyable holiday for all the family.
Valerie and the breakfast team including Mary are such an asset and will be delighted to be ''mentioned in dispatches''
Finally the best news is we will hopefully be taking care of you now for your 'annual' holiday to Llandudno and St George's.
Kind Regards and Best Wishes

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Friendly welcome at reception and staff in general. Stayed in superior sea view room which was lovely well appointed. Very impressive hotel in a fantastic location. Breakfast very nice and service good ,would love to return in the future.

Room Tip: Premier sea view room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicolette L

Well thank you for reviewing and we hope you will return in the future.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and were so impressed with St George's. Hope we will be welcoming you back soon.
Best wishes

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Just got back with my daughter and child and nothing could be faulted at all. Lovely staff, food is gorgeous, nothing too much trouble, lovely room. I notice someone complained about staff on here , well they must have rubbed them up the wrong way as they were all lovely, and very helpful indeed.
The food is great, and the food in the lounge bar exceptional value, and all with a fabulous view.
We will return there. I recommend it.

3  Thank cornwallmad2
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Lovely words and so pleased you enjoyed your stay and even better to know you will be returning and yet again our team are highlighted as the asset, which they are to St George's.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel and have never been disappointed.. Myself, husband and mum and dad went for the bank holiday.. On my previous stay I stayed in Superior rooms which may I say are very special. When I booked there were only standard rooms available and one sea view suite, my parents booked the suite and we had a standard room the suite was to die for you had your bedroom with a massive bed, tv and your bathroom which had a door then next to it was a separate room with a large sofa and another tv which my dad loved as he is a bit of a tele addict and gets up early so it saved him a lot of nagging loll.. I had a twin room I was a bit sceptical before going in but it was very nice also had a side sea view which was a bonus and the bathroom you could of had a party in. We stayed b&b the breakfast is amazing you could have what you wanted and it was all of a very high standard delicious.. Every single one of the staff we came across were very happy and helpful.. Would like to say a big thank you for making our stay special and will hopefully be seeing you all soon

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

A lovely review thank you for your kind words it is so appreciated by all the team. What is always so encouraging to read, is our returning guests who find the consistent warm welcome and high service standards time and time again.
Your words mean a lot to us...thank you
Kindest regards