My husband and I spent one night at this hotel and I now wish we had booked for a couple of nights. We booked initially for just a 'breather' break and as we both love Wales we thought we would stay at Llandudno. We have spent a few happy relaxing short breaks at this resort but never at St Georges. At first I was disappointed at the size of the room, but it was my own fault as I booked with Booking.Com instead of ringing the hotel direct. Had I rang and booked direct then maybe we would have had a room on the second floor, but saying that, the room was clean, comfortable and we still had a sea view room, albeit that I had to stand on tip toe to see out (but then I am a very short person!!) As the weather was typically June rainy season, and it did bucket down all day on the saturday, we decided not to venture far and stayed in the hotel where we enjoyed a lovely afternoon drinking coffee (with a delightful shortbread biscuit) and people watching sitting by the veranda window also watching people being blown sideways in the wind! We also decided to stay in for the evening meal at the hotel. We were not disappointed, the meal was superb. We are both boardering on being 'foodies' and the choices of starters and mains on the menu made it difficult to decide what to have. I had the Carpaccio of Welsh black beef for starters and of course I had to have the Roast Welsh Lamb for main course. The sweet selection was also difficult to choose from and I ended up having the trio of Creme Brulee which was out of this world. All I can say is the chefs done us proud. There was a wedding on the Saturday we arrived but I did not find this encrouched on our stay at all. Thre breakfast in the morning was just as perfect and I can honestly say I could not find one faultwith the hotel, food or staff. The staff obviously work long hours, as we saw some of the same staff that served us on the previous evening, but they were still polite, smiling and there to make the guests feel welcome. Needless to say, we will go back again and I am looking forward to it very much. Thanks St Georges for making our stay with you comfortable and relaxing, which is just why we came away in the first place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Llandudno and all that the North Wales Coast has to offer in stylish sophistication and contemporary luxury at the AA Hotel of the Year for Wales. The Award Winning St Georges Hotel, cleverly combines traditional Victorian elegance and its stunning setting with the comfort of a luxurious 4 star Hotel. Every detail of the hotel is designed to offer a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, calm moods and a fresh, professional approach to service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your St. George's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Llandudno
- St Georges Hotel Llandudno
- St George Hotel Llandudno
- St. George's Hotel Llandudno, Wales