“Would recommend and wouold book again”
Review of St. George's Hotel

St. George's Hotel
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 7 February 2010

Wel located hotel which was incredibly clean - the room and bathroom was both new and immaculate as were all the public areas we saw. Character and history but new carpets and furnishings made this a great combination. Only ate breakfast which was good. Service we experienced was very good. Parking a challenge but that is a Llandudno issue and not specific to the St Georges. Great views from sea facing rooms.
Would choose again

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Dairycrest3
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2010

Thank you for such a kind review it is even more appreciated that you highlight the 'newness' and cleanliness of the hotel. We were fully refurbished nearly 4 years ago but feel we have the highest of housekeeping standards to retain a clean crisp look throughout.
I note your comment on parking please be aware on your next visit we do offer assisted parking, just contact reception first on your arrival.

Reviewed 23 January 2010

We booked into the St George's hotel after experiencing a very poor level of inflexible customer service the Empire hotel. We found the staff to be excellent in their atttude, furthermore they were acommodating in respect of my mothers needs (please see our comments on the Empire hotel for details) in the restaurant - infact they were so good we decided to stay an additional night - hence more revenue was generated by the hotel asa direct result of excellent customer service! well done, and thank you to Tony Burns for the complimentary drink he gave us, after we gave him some very positive feedback on our experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChrisandGwyn
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2010

This was unexpected but very kind of you to review, it was very nice to meet you and we all do appreciate your kind words and so look forward to you returning to St Georges and do please ask for me on your arrival

Reviewed 21 January 2010

Attended a recent wedding and stayed over night,every thing about this hotel is excellent Food,service and the room are beautifull we only had a standard room, but it was worth every penny and more,we have visited LLandudno for many years and have never found a hotel we wanted to return to untill now the st georges is a most

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank CHESHIRECATCrewe
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2010

Thank you for these kind words, the wedding certainly was a great success from all the comments received and we look forward to welcoming you back to St Georges soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2010

What a truly wonderful Hotel!
The hotel rooms, facilities and restaurants were excellent. But most of all it was their impressive staff and service that truly made all the difference! Everyone was so friendly and helpful and appeared to enjoy their work. I know, from running my own business, that this does not happen by accident. It takes a lot of determination from the owners and managers to make a happy and efficient work place that is customer focused. The St George Hotel have achieved this and should be very proud.
I would recommend the St George to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank markwarren3
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2010

Thank you and it is so appreciated to have such kind acknowledgement, but more importantly that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully will be returning soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2010

During December, after reading the reviews, I telephoned the hotel and made a booking over the New Year Break for my family (including an eleven year old son). The young man I dealt with was extremely courteous and he told me to expect confirmation the following day from the booking administrator, the name of whom was supplied. After several days no confirmation appeared so I rang the hotel to pay my deposit. On being connected and giving my name I was rudely told by the said administrator quote!!!! " Oh you are the one with the child - sorry but we don't accept children over New Year!" . Then the administrator basically hung up the telephone. I fully accept that a mistake occured when the original booking had been made, these things happen. However, to not contact me and for example provide an alternative such as a mid Xmas and New Year Break was unacceptable. Overall my impression of this hotel was that the service and attitude of that particular member of staff was appalling. I did contact the duty manager at the time, who was no more helpful, and am still awaiting a written apology from this hotel. I would concur therefore that this hotel does not handle problems it encounters well. I cannot rate this hotel based on a stay but I can say I never intend to attempt to make a booking there again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cheshiregillo
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2010

I very much regret but am unfortunately unaware of any of the details you have you have stated and therefore would hope you would contact me directly in regards to the points raised so I may investigate and respond back to you.
I can only say how sad you were left with this impression of St Georges for I know and believe the success of St Georges is our excellent team creating a warm and welcoming experience for our guests.
I look forward to contacting you and hopefully showing St Georges at our best.

Reviewed 4 January 2010

Stayed at the St George's for a New Year break for 2 nights from the 1st January 2010. Only booked the day before so got a late booking deal for B & B. Booked an executive room and ended up on the third floor in a corner room with a sea view from all 3 windows!! Good size room that included a settee and table which is a nice feature in a hotel room although the furniture and the large bed did overtake the room somewhat! Bathroom very spacious and in very good condition.
The hotel in general was very nice and appeared to be well kept and all the staff we encountered were very pleasant and friendly. We ate in the hotel restaurant one evening and while we both thoroughly enjoyed it, it was quite pricey. Breakfast was all buffet style one morning and the other morning the hot food was to order. Both mornings there was plenty of choice, service was excellent and food was good.

All in all a great hotel in a great location – recommended especially if you can get a deal!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helen5791
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2010

Thank you for reviewing and all the team appreciate your kind words. We do hope you return to St Georges and if so look directly at our own website which always has the best deals and special offers available anywhere.

Reviewed 2 January 2010

We spent New Year at the hotel on a three day break and found all the staff very helpfull.
We had a very enjoyable time and found the hotel food excellent. It is very clean and bright with good bedrooms. Really nothing to find fault with. The real plus is the very helpful way all the staff looked after us.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank PrestburySK
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2010

Thank you for this review and all the team do appreciate your kind comments.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your New Year stay and look forward to seeing you in 2010.