St. George's Hotel
US$330
Cae Mor Hotel(Llandudno)
US$104
  • Beachfront
The Clontarf Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$95
Very Good 4/5
Merrion Hotel(Llandudno)
US$159
1,501 results
All reviewsterrace restaurantwedgwood roomsea viewhot buffetafternoon teafour star hotellovely hotelcar parksea frontbuffet styleevening mealfirst classlarge bathroomlovely roomgreat ormenorth walesnight break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Two night weekend break, our first in this lovely hotel. Although our double room was smaller than I expected it was very comfortable and clean with complimentary bottles of water as well as the usual toiletries. Staff were very attentive and dinner in the restaurant was excellent, good choice, piping hot and delicious. Breakfast could not be faulted with a good selection of cereals, fruit, including figs, melons and berries, and an excellent cooked breakfast. Despite the breakfast room being full because of a private function the previous ( Saturday) night ,service was very good and staff worked hard to meet the demand. The only niggle I have was with the noise from the Saturday night function. Our room was at the back of the hotel and although on the second floor (210) the noise levels were higher than I would have expected.
I would go back to the hotel but only if a front-facing room was available.

2  Thank AJBLancs
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2010

We really do appreciate your kind review and will ensure all the team read your comments.
When you next consider returning to St Georges take a look at our website which has a room selector helping you in your choice of room or even phone Fiona our Reservation Manager who is always willing to help.
We shall look forward to welcoming you back to St Georges.

Reviewed 28 February 2010

This is an imposing hotel in a prime location on Llandudno's promenade with lovely views across the bay on one side, the Great Orme and Snowdonia on the others. I was lucky enough to get a first floor room with a balcony - very nice except that my neighbours used their balconies for smoking which made it hard for me to spend any time on mine. Lovely spacious room and bathroom and the complimentary water and toiletries were replenished every day.
The food was pretty good and the kitchen provided alternatives to suit the needs of individuals. The vegetarian meals were a bit predictable perhaps but still pretty good. Breakfast was just excellent - good fresh fruit buffet and good range of cooked options.
Friendly staff with time for us and our conference but also for the other guests - mainly elderly people it seemed.
I have only one suggestion for improving this hotel and that is to move the smoking area away from the front door porch. Incredibly this hotel encourages smokers to gather in its lovely entrance porch and puff away. It creates a really down at heel first impression and the smell of cigarettes creeps into the hotel lobby.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2010

Thank you for your comments and foregoing the points on smoking it seems you really enjoyed your stay even if it was on business and attending a conference.
In regards to smoking St Georges has a no smoking policy throughout.
We do not encourage smokers to stand at the hotel porch and actually there are signs requesting no smoking in the porch.
Sadly there are smokers who are considerate and ones that aren't.
Also being a listed building applications for smoker's shelters have not been approved.
Thank you again and the whole feedback from your conference was so very positive we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2010

We stayed at The St Georges for one night in February 2010 and I must admit that having read some of the excellent guest reviews on Trip Advisor we were somewhat disappointed.

We paid £120 for B&B and a sea view room, not cheap. The room was lovely. Although rather small it was clean, quiet, newly refurbished and a super view out across the bay, It was other aspects of the hotel where we were disappointed;

Check in - the duty receptionist was continually distracted by other tasks/ phone calls and in my view failed to give us the necessary level of attention. I was asked where had I parked my car (on the seafront on a pay & display meter) but only found out later that I could have parked FOC in the hotel car park

Check out - again the duty receptionist was distracted, this time by another member of staff. Also at £120 per night I was surpriseed to be asked to pay a surchaarge in settling my bill by credit card.

The bar - after a trip to the theatre, on our return to the hotel at 10:30 pm and because of some private function taking place, we could not get anywhere near the hotel bar for a nightcap so retired to our room, where there was not even a minibar. Why did the private function not have its own bar, leaving some available service for hotel residents?

Breakfast - this was the biggest disappointment of our stay. Staff were totally disorganised (three different waiters/waitresses tried to take our order) and we waited far too long for our cooked breakfast to arrive. When it did arrive, when ordering a "full Welsh breakfast" I expect it to include more than just one shriveled up piece of bacon and the most pathetic sausage I have ever been served at breakfast!

In conclusion, my wife and I are regular visitors to Llandudno and there are many quality hotels available which are less expensive and generally less disappointing. Sorry, but it is unlikely we will return to the St Georges

1  Thank Silkman57

I very much regret any disappointment during your stay. Unfortunately until now I was unaware of any issues and therefore hope you will contact me directly so I may investigate and respond properly back to you.
I hope you will reconsider and return to St Georges to enjoy a warm welcome and comfortable stay.

Reviewed 21 February 2010

We have just stayed for one night in an executive room (described as premier king on the booking website), which had modern peaceful decor and was very spacious. The bed was huge and very comfortable. I was told the hotel has just this year swapped to duvets and ours felt like it was a feather one. The communal areas are all decorated to a high standard too.

Internet access in the rooms is via a cable rather than being wireless. It worked well and was free, which is pretty rare for a 4 star in the UK! If you forget to bring your own cable, you can buy one for 3 pounds - hardly extortionate.

The staff was really welcoming. The breakfast crew and James the concierge stood out as extra friendly and helpful.

We only tried the breakfast and that was served in a lovely room and was very tasty. We had a typically pricey 4 star drink in the bar after having dinner in a local restaurant but the view you get over the bay is really something.

The only thing that could of been better was the noise in the room. When we went back up we played 'guess the tune' from the baseline from the party in the function room below (we were in 105) and we could recognise every one easily. That said, it wasn't too antisocial, finishing at midnight.

This was a trip to scout out a suitable hotel for a trip this summer with my elderly and arthritic mother-in-law and we'll be booking soon. We'll just make sure to book a seaview to make sure we're away from the function room. Then it should be the perfect place to stay.

3  Thank suzwirral
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2010

Thank you for reviewing and your kind words are really appreciated, we shall look forward to welcoming you and your mother-in-law back in the summer.
Please look on our website for best rates but also for our room selector regarding choice and type of rooms. Any further help then please call Fiona our Reservation manager who will be more than happy to assist.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

The location of this hotel could not be better, we booked an 'arrive and revive' package via the internet and were very pleased when we saw our room, which whilst not on the sea front, had a view of the sea and the pier. The rooms were very clean and we were booked in for our evening meal on the Terrace, we were fortunate to get a parking spot at the back of the hotel.

Whilst the hotel is impressive, it is the staff that mark St Georges out, every single member of staff that we encountered during our stay was happy to help, and did so with a smile on their faces. We were amazed to see that this was the case during checkout when impatient guests were testing their patience over a parking issue. The evening meal was superb, with attentive servers who were so without being overbearing, our bone idleness meant that we took our breakfast in our rooms, again, it was of high standard and added to our enjoyment of the stay.

I didn't have massive expectations for what was such a short stay, but I would recommend this superb hotel, and will certainly be staying here the next time I visit this part of the country, I am also considering using a stay at this hotel as a birthday present for my parents, I have no doubt that they will enjoy it as much as myself and my partner did.

2  Thank PudseyChancer
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2010

Thank you for placing a review it is so appreciated especially regarding the staff.
As a team we do try to offer a warm and friendly atmosphere while providing high standards of service and cleanliness and it means a lot, when it is appreciated.
We will look forward to welcoming you back and as for your parents we do provide gift vouchers which is always a nice way to present your suprise.