“A very pleasant stay.”

Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Bingley
“A very pleasant stay.”
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Room very nice with excellent facilities.Dining facilities very good.Car park well organised. Staff very efficient.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MadgeBingley
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2010
Thank you for this review and am pleased to know you will recommend us to your friends. We hope it won't be too long before you return to St George's and can assure you of a warm welcome and another enjoyable stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
north wales
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I have written my review to disagree with the other comments on the site about the St Georges hotel. Firstly the location is right on the sea front. We had a side room and you could see the sea but obviously not all the rooms have a sea view. The room was spotlessly clean with every thing you could need with bottled water, tea and coffee, toileteries and fluffy towels and a very comfy bed.
We had an evening meal and the food is superb - all fresh and hand made especially home made pate and desserts. Breakfast the next day was hot and fresh and plenty of it, and the staff were very friendly and efficient with us, even when we asked for extra tea, etc. We were not the only ones who commented on the food when we stayed we talked to other guests who said the same thing.
We checked in and out very easily and I even had the door opened for me by a very lovely gentleman.
To summerise - if you want a lovely stay in Llandudno, with excellent food, and a posh hotel and a reasonable price - stay at the St George.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank westie6692
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. It is really appreciated by the team to have such feedback and to acknowledge all the hard work.
We hope we shall see you soon back at St Georges where I can assure you there will be a warm welcome and another enjoyable stay.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 May 2010

We stayed at the St George's to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We requested a suite but were informed that they were all taken for the duration of our stay. We were assured that an 'Executive Sea Facing Double' had been booked for us and that it was spacious enough to accommodate us and our 3 year old twins. It took 3 follow-up phone calls before we received an email confirmation.

Room 216 disappointed on all fronts. There was not a wave in sight and hardly any sunshine. It was small, dark and faced the posterior of 2 buildings. There was barely enough place for us to walk without bumping into furniture. We raised this with Reception on 3 different occasions, but were met with unhelpful and unapologetic responses. Nothing was done to make our stay more comfortable or to place us in a room befitting the 155 GBP P/N we were paying.

If no such rooms were available during the dates of our stay, we would have appreciated an honest and upfront answer on booking, instead of being palmed off with a small and vastly inadequate room.

Excellent location, badly trained front-line staff and a questionable room-allocation policy.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2010
Allow me to respond to your points. On enquiring your husband was emphatically informed there were no suites or seafacing rooms available, as you will read on your e mail confirmation, however we did say if one came available we would of course upgrade and this was accepted.
2 phone calls were made, due to a mis spelling on your e mail address we regret this happened, as for the 3rd. this was to arrange flowers and chocolates for your birthday.
You were unhappy with the room because you believed you had booked a seaview and requested numerous times during your stay to be moved to a seafacing room, if one had been available we would of course have arranged the room change.
Having reviewed this matter there were no actions we did which caused this upset and there were no actions we could have done to resolve it.
Wrexham
Reviewed 6 May 2010

In April my Dad and I treated my mum to a night at the St George's Hotel for her 60th birthday as she loves Llandudno and has always wanted to stay there.

As my father was away on business he was unable to join us, it was just the two of us. Upon arrival I parked at the back of the building and headed to reception to sort out our rooms and a parking permit. As I arrived the lady behind the desk was on the phone, so I was made to wait for around five minutes whilst she finished her conversation, with no acknowledgement that she would deal with me asap. In fact another member of staff walked past and asked if I needed assistance; when I explained I was trying to check in she looked across to the receptionist and told me I'd have to wait.

When the receptionist finally finished her call, she came across and dealt with me. By this time there was a queue of people behind all waiting to be dealt with. I explained I was here to check in and could I obtain a parking permit. The lady was extremely aloof, and with no explanation asked if she could take my credit card. I replied stating that the room had already been paid for by my father, to which she responded that it was for room service. Once this was done, she asked whether we would be dining at the hotel that evening, and I said no we had booked to eat elsewhere. The lady then turned and visibly smirked as if to suggest the hotel restaurant was beyond our means in any case. I was taken aback by her reaction, but was too polite to ask what she found about my response to be funny (I wish I had in hindsight).

After finally completing check in, mum and I went up to our rooms. I was given one on the fourth floor which was very nice and quirky with a great view , unfortunately mum was left with a view of a piece of machinery on the roof. Aside from that both were decorated to a high standard and very clean.

We both enjoyed restful night sleeps in our rooms and breakfast was very good (some marmalade would be a welcome addition to the preserves on the tables though!).

Unfortunately check out also left a similar bad taste thanks to the attitude of the same receptionist as she seemed unable to not be aloof, unfriendly and unclear. When we arrived to check out, she asked how we would be settling up. I again explained that my father had paid for the rooms online, she stated this was not the case and the bill was outstanding. I explained that if the bill was outstanding that I would need to contact my father so she could discuss it with him and that I would call, as I didn't have the money to settle up to hand (illiciting another smirk) . After I called and was unable to get through, she then stated that in fact she could just take the money from his account automatically - at this point I had to hold my tongue as I was deeply annoyed as this situation was extremely embarrassing. Why the receptionist couldn't have just said this in the first place was beyond me, as this would be the obvious thing to do, it wasn't as if she asked for permission from me!

This was not a pleasant end to the trip and we left very quickly once the situation was resolved.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
georgesLlandudno, General Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2010
Thank you for reviewing I can only regret that you found the 'check-in and out' at reception so disappointing.
The receptionist is our head receptionist and actually has won previous employee of the month awards for guest care I only regret that you felt the matter was handled poorly.
I am though pleased and grateful for your kind comments regarding your stay which actually seemed very good.
As for the issue with the bill your father merely confirmed the reservation by giving his credit card details, the rooms were not paid for, as you believed. Therefore I understand the awkwardness on your arrival and on departure and I do suspect this misunderstanding was the actual cause of the upset.
I hope you would consider a return to St.George's and if so please contact me directly so I would personally assure you of a warm welcome and comfortable stay.
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 4 May 2010

Excellent hotel. Staff attentive and friendly. Restaurants serve beautifully prepared and presented food in an elegant dining room. Bedrooms well furnished with modern bathrooms. Maybe it was us but we both found the bed a little on the hard side but our room was changed with no fuss.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grandcambia
Thank you and we do appreciate you taking the time to review and for your kind words. We hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to Stg George's.
Worcester
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We came away for a few days R & R and we got plenty of that! The hotel was lovely, with fabulous views over the seafront (although always worth asking for the seaview as some of the rooms overlook the carpark). Our room was really comfortable, we didn't want to go out! The service was fantastic. We phoned reception to see if there was a cinema locally and within minutes they brought us a printout of directions, the films with synopsis and times. Nothing was too much trouble. We dined at the hotel both nights and have to say the food and service was delightful. Definitely well worth a visit.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AngelfaceWorcester
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2010
Thank you we really do appreciate your review and hope this being your first visit will tempt you back again, and if so look on our own website as we always have special offers and of course best rate.
Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back to St Georges.
Midlands
Reviewed 23 April 2010

We found the St George to be an excellent hotel, all areas of the hotel were clean and decorated to a very high standard. Breakfast could not be faulted, service,quality of the food and variety on offer was very good.
We have stayed in good quality hotels all over the UK but have never come into contact with staff that have such a high level of exerpertise and customer service, it is unusual to meet people in this day and age that obviously enjoy their job.
The only negative was having to push through a large group of smokers at the main entrance, conference delegates on a break I think, perhaps this could be rectified.

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave A
georgesLlandudno, management at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review we so appreciate your kind comments, especially regarding our excellent team.
As for the main entrance, which is a non smoking area sadly there are inconsiderate smokers who disregard the signs. Local planning refused a smokers shelters due to St George's being a listed building however I am pleased to inform you we will have rectified the problem shortly by designating an area on the front forecourt.
Finally we hope you will be returning soon and look forward to welcoming you back to St George's.