“relaxing break even in august”
Review of St. George's Hotel

St. George's Hotel
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
nottingham
“relaxing break even in august”
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We have literally arrived home after a 2 night stay at the St Georges Hotel. What a wonderful few days we have had. From booking the room ( my husband has mobility issues and was offered a very suitable room), arriving and checking in and to leaving today we have been met with nothing but friendliness and courtesy. The room was clean and well maintained, and the breakfast service organised and the food hot and delicious. We would however like to specially mention the girls waiting on in the Terrace Lounge, Becky and another dark haired girl with plaits were so helpful and friendly we ate there both evenings as well as having our Summer Sizzler cocktail in there.

So please thank all the staff, despite it being busy, and the wedding on Saturday, at no time were we rushed, given rushed service or "short shrift" as we say round here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mikebus
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2010
We so appreciate you taking the time to review but even more so that you found St George's and the team so special. Receiving such comments certainly spurs the team on to maintain the high standards, however I would agree that the staff contribute the most to the success of the hotel.
I shall be delighted to pass your comments on to Becky and Dawn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Blackpool
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My Wife and I stayed in a premier room which to the ordinary layman is a family room, we arrived quite late at the hotel and and duly arrived into our room at 22:15 and attempted to order room service only to be told that cold sandwiches were only available' Rather hungry and not wanting to venture out we duly odered cheese and beef sandwiches they arrived some 25 minutes later as plain as can be no accompliments at all to be had no mustard nor chutney now you may say I am being some what picky but when one stays in a reportedly 4 star hotel one really does expect that the boat does go all the way out. No more luck was to be had when my Wife ran a bath; tepid water was the only order of the day and to top it all off above the bath it was black mould that had an orange tint ;growth to it lack of maintenance and cleaning.
Althougth the room was well appointed it was in dire need of a good clean I can honestly say that this was the first time I have never left a tip in the room as one had already been left for me!
My job takes me away overseas, and i stay in quite a lot of hotels during the course of a year and these are also either 4 or 5 star and that is not what we received at the George ie. 4 star sevice.
My wife and I are frequent guest at this hotel and to be fair this is the only time we have been dissapointed; we generally stay on the first floor on the seaward side the ones that have a balcony and these ones are excellent.
Now you ask why I did not complain, to be honest I could not be bothered; we were there for a 2 day relax with no stress simple as that.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteveBlackpool
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
Well even though you made this review after frequent previous visits which I assume were enjoyed and also note you would still recommend us to friends and family we do regret you were disappointed and have reviewed your comments with the team to always look at improving our service and standards.
St George's is a success due to it's standards, standards you consistently found over frequent visits we are only sorry that on this occasion we fell short, please contact me direct on next considering a return to Llandudno.
Wirral
Reviewed 31 July 2010

After a successful trial stay back in February, my husband, his mum and I had a lovely week’s break at this hotel last week. Many thanks to everyone at the St George’s for looking after us so well!

We’d booked sea view rooms, one single occupancy double and an executive and, as my mum-in-law is elderly, had asked that we be put in the same corridor. Fiona in reservations kindly confirmed in advance that we’d be together on the 2nd floor but we had a lovely surprise at check in when the rooms had been upgraded to the 1st floor and both had balconies. Even better, the executive room was further upgraded to a suite. This was perfect for the 3 of us to sit and chat or relax quietly together with some books or watch a DVD when the welsh rain turned up. We did get some sunny days on which to enjoy the balconies too though!

The St George’s is well maintained and clean. The bedrooms and bathrooms were spotless and the balconies seemed to be cleaned at least every other day (or even daily?) with great care taken not to look into the rooms while doing so. The same can’t be said of the seagull that came each day and stood on the balcony table or even bedroom window sill. Hard heartedly, we didn’t feed it but I’d guess previous guests had been beguiled into it. It was quite cute in a big seabird kind of way.

We mainly ate out in the evenings but when we did dine in no fuss was made at all about our off menu order for a plain chicken breast and mashed potato for my mum-in-law who has a very restricted diet. The breakfasts were great too. I stay in an awful lot of hotels when travelling for work and the breakfast quality at the St George’s is spot on. Served to you from hot dishes, it all seemed freshly cooked. The rashers of bacon rashers were not congealed together and it was so nice to encounter ‘proper’ - and delicious - scrambled eggs (not made of that awful powered egg that everywhere else seems to use these days, including many other 4 star places). As we breakfasted quite late, towards the end of the breakfast we were asked if wanted anything further from the buffets or fresh tea / coffee / toast etc but without any hint of ‘now please go because we want to get on with clearing the tables’. You’re allowed to relax and finish your breakfast at your own pace with no pressure at the St George’s.

3 Thank suzwirral
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2010
We do so appreciate you reviewing yet again considering you had visited and reviewed in February. It was pleasing to know you enjoyed your stay so much, that you returned so soon and we were able to upgrade you to our balcony rooms.
Having booked through our website for best rate I would only suggest you consider our Loyalty Club which allows the guest to build up points which can be used to discount or add value to stays just contact Fiona who would be only to pleased to explain or simply look on the website for the details.
Finally we do look forward to welcoming you back soon and are grateful you will be recommending us to family and friends
London
Reviewed 30 July 2010

This hotel is centrally located within easy walking distance to the station, high street shop and the beach opposite. It has a comprehensive Buffet Full English breakfast along with cold meats and fruit & juices etc. The staff at checkin were JUST ok. The rooms are a bit expensive, but I guess the history of the place with 7 Prime Ministers having stayed there plays a part in the pricing of it all ! ! The rooms are of a good size, very clean with decent amenities. The premises are kept in immaculate condition, with an army of cleaners in the morning tending to the rooms. I would recommend this hotel, but there are cheaper options in Llandudno that aren't as taxing on the pocket ! !

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nodnoltravel
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2010
Thank you for this review and even more so as you would recommend us to your family and friends this clearly is a great compliment. However the point regarding price is always relative to the value experienced to find best rate for your next return please view our website where special offers are always available.
We look forward to welcoming you back to St George's.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We arrived day one, ample convenient parking, smooth checking in, and lovely room.
Room service was a little rushed in the preparation. we ordered two sandwiches, one cheese and one ham, they arrived but without condiments ie mustard and relish,
room was cleaned and towels changed the next evening, pull out bed settee was a lil lacking in cushoning for the kids but ok.
queen size bed was a great sleep...
local amenities was great, lots to see and do within an hours travel...brilliant. will deffo do again....Mg and family

1 Thank mikusgreenus
We do appreciate you taking the time to review and even more so, pleased to read you will return to the St George's.
As for the sandwiches I have actually already contacted you over this and as mentioned will look forward to demonstrating our improved performance on your next visit.
Thank you again and our best wishes.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My wife and I visited Wales for the firts time this month. We wanted to experience the northern country and just by chance I booked the St. George's Hotel for a 3 day stay. My wife insisted we struck gold! We were traveling with our 21 year old son who had been studying in the UK so we feared that 3 adults in a room might be a problem. We were very pleased to discover that our room was quite large, facing the water and beautiful. Staff was great and the hotel reminded us of seaside resorts from our New Jersey childhood days. LLandudno and the surrounding area is breathtaking. We would return in a heartbeat and encourage anyone wanting a relaxing time in a great place to travel to LLandudno and stay at the St. George's - don't miss Mount Snowden, a short and interesting train/bus ride away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ddandudno
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2010
Thank you for a great review and it is nice to read how much you enjoyed and were impressed with your stay not only at St George's but here in North Wales.
We hope you will return and certainly recommend Wales and St George's to your friends and family.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Booked for 2 nights as was taking part in the Llandudno sea triathlon. stayed with my wife, 23 month old son, sister-in-law and parents-in-law. A warm welcome from James, who ensured my bike was well looked after (!), and the excellent service continued with special requests for my young son taken care of and a friendly attitude from all the staff. In my opinion the St. George's is up there with many of the hotels in more glamorious locations across the globe with contemporary bedrooms, great food at reasonable prices and a great location.

2 Thank aj703
georgesLlandudno, Manager at St. George's Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2010
Thank you so much for this kind review and have to say the Triathlon is such a great new event to Llandudno and am so pleased you and your family have had such a good experience.
We have focused so much over the last year on improving the guest experience from arrival to departure James our Concierge tries hard to offer such a warm welcome as do all the team through the stay.
I understand the event will be running again next year so hope we will see you again if not even sooner.