Four Oaks Hotel
Priceline
Headlands Hotel(Llandudno)
US$96
US$93
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$63
The Queens Hotel(Llandudno)
US$157
US$110
  • Beachfront
All reviewsold fashioned liftsea viewcoach tripturkey and tinselenjoyable holidayvenue cymrusea frontnothing too much troublegreat weekendbreakfast and dinnermany thanksweekend breaklovely hotelevening entertainmentcouldn't do enoughwarm welcometwin room
Reviewed 16 August 2012

After a very depressing first part of the year I decided to go to the Four Oaks Hotel, LLandudno, what a fantastic holiday I had. My first alone after losing my husband. I was treated like a queen all the staff were pleasant and very polite and nothing was to much for them, the food was excilent and plenty of it with a good choice for each meal. My room was very comfortable and homely also very clean indeed. Their was entertainment every night, but being right next door to the theatre, and right on the sea front with easy acsess to shops and other amminites you wanted for nothing. I found the managers Jennie and Ian very helpfull and nothing was to much for them, thank you so much to all of you for a fantastic holiday I'm sure you will see me again in the near future thank you once again. J. Holyhead. Wolverhampton.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
12  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The stay was really nice aswell as the staff, in the end i was almost sorry to leave. Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met at reception the manager Jennifer . She explained everything I had available.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is was very clean.
The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable....
Very rich and tasty breakfast.
The hotels very nice bartender with a variety of beverages Entertainment at the night you really didnt have to move.
These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank laura c
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Firstly, I feel really bad about having to write a negative review of a hotel as running a hotel cannot be the easiest job. However, I am going to be as fair as possible.

The Four Oaks in Llandudno promised so much. So me and my wife decided to book a weekend stay there. It was also my wife's birthday so that added something special to our latest stay in Llandudno.

Throughout our stay, I was more than satisfied with the hotel. It was clean, relaxed and offered a lovely sea view. Until the check-out, my only negative opinion was whilst the food was of ample proportion, it was poor quality and it was also difficult to fit all of the mealtime paraphernalia onto a table that was barely the size of a chessboard!

Food aside, the facilities on offer were good. There was nightly entertainment which, whilst it appealed more to a senior audience, it was tolerable. The bar also offered a good selection and was reasonably priced. Eugene, the barman, was friendly and helpful. He also allowed us the remote control for use of the bar's TV to cheer in the Gold Medals that Team GB won in the Olympic Stadium the same night.

Most of the clientele at the hotel were senior citizens. We did not feel that this was an issue as they were all polite, cheerful and curious as to where we came from/what we did for a living etc.

At this point, I would go on to recommend the hotel and state I would definitely book again. However, the entire holiday was ruined by the hotel Manager at the time of departure. We had already checked out before 10am. However, due to our train not arriving until 11.45am, we asked if we could leave our bags behind reception whilst we did some last minute present buying for friends/relatives/work colleagues. No problem there. When we returned, we were still a bit too soon to depart for the station, so we waited in the lounge. We then got up to leave. I had been asked by the Manager to collect an invoice on the way out (I had paid the bill at checking out).

At this point, the Manager went on to ask if we had done any ironing in the room during our stay? We replied that we had an iron in our luggage just in case, but had not used it as none of our clothes had required ironing. The Manager replied that an ironing mark had appeared 'just as you walk inside the room'. We reiterated that no ironing had taken place. At this point the Manager went on to interrogate us about the ironing mark, whilst giving 2 different locations of the alleged 'burn' in the carpet.

Both myself and my wife were shocked by this insulting, unfounded and (in an extreme) slanderous accusation. We immediately left the hotel speechless. It was a real shame because seconds earlier, we were about to mention our intentions of booking again next year. However, I now feel this will not happen.

Why the Manager decided to accuse us of this we will never know. However, I leave it up to you to decide whether you feel that poor quality food and unfounded accusations of causing malicious damage to the hotel room is your idea of a relaxing holiday. If you do, The Four Oaks Llandudno comes highly recommended!

One more point - To the Manager if she reads this - if me and my wife did attempt to burn down your hotel, why would we have stayed beyond our checking out time and returned to reception to collect an invoice? Surely a villain of sorts would have disappeared from the hotel way before the room had been checked over!!

Shame!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
17  Thank cmweston
Reviewed 28 July 2012

lovely room with sea view we had a lovely ten day stay at this very friendly hotel all staff very helpful we have booked again for next year cant wait .excellent value for money,plenty of choice of food in the restaurant.Spacious bar area.Beautiful gardens,hope you won a prize in the llandudno in bloom competition.jeff@edna, nottm

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ednabird
Reviewed 10 June 2012

we visited this hotel for 4 nights with a coach company,my first impression when i walked in was just like walking into a nursing home ,not because of the elderly being their ,it was the decor ,the hotel was clean and comfy beds,but the food really terrible could not eat it .would not go back

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends