See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2015

We stayed here from Saturday 11th April to Monday 13th. April 2015. In January 2015 we'd visited Llandudno on a day trip and decided we would like to spend more time exploring the place. Denise planned this surprise weekend for me. I am retired and travel a lot both in the UK and the rest of the world and I have no hesitation in recommending Southbourne Guest House. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression and from the moment we arrived to the time we left Margaret and Stephen made us more than welcome. The room was even decorated in my favourite colours! The food was great and plentiful. Denise loves her potatoes and so when extra roast potatoes were offered her little face beamed. Even the front garden was in bloom and we took several pictures of me sat on the bench there. The place is convenient for the towns shopping and as walkers we spent one day walking to the Little Orme. For people wanting to visit local attractions it is ideally situated to the transport network. Thankyou Margaret and Stephen, ( Gregg Wallace look- a like!), for a super weekend break.

Room tip: We had room 1 on the front overlooking St Davids Road.
Date of stay: April 2015
4  Thank Scoochie-55
Reviewed 8 April 2015

we stayed here for the easter break 2015 and as always everything was perfect. An extra bonus came at meal times . I had been suffering from a chest infection which had affected my appetite. Steve gave me an extra choice of fruit to help me through. Thanks a lot, it helped, I enjoyed it. Top score again for a lovely and hospitable guest house.

Date of stay: April 2015
8  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed 8 March 2015

Stayed here for my birthday as We have in the past, had a great week-end . The hotel is spotless and the food is delicious. We stay here Several times a year and in different rooms ,each being clean and well equipped.
Margaret and Stephen are lovely people and great hosts.
Have tried several Llandudno Hotels and guest houses and this one beats them by a mile.

Date of stay: March 2015
8  Thank Melissa65609
Reviewed 6 November 2014

We stayed here for a 3 night stay on 2nd, 3rd and 4th August 2014. The Quality of Everything was Superb. More like a 5 star Hotel. The room was Beautifully Presented, spotlessly clean, Very spacious, I myself have problems being disabled, and use 2 crutches to get about, so had the first floor front bedroom. It was lovely and quiet . I was able to use the rear parking for the duration of our stay. The food was great, super choice of cereals, grapefruit, fresh fruit, Full English. Mixture of part items ,everything served piping hot. As much toast as you wanted . We booked for the evening meals as after a long day out it was nice to go down to a prepared meal put in front of you. Great value too. Soups were all homemade. Main courses cooked fresh,served with vegetables in season where appropriate, again served piping hot. Margaret and Stephen were Fab hosts, and very knowledgable of places of interest to visit .We Will Certainly stay here again at some point, and would Highly Recommend to others for a great place to stay.

Paul and Tom from Bham

Room tip: First Floor front room
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Paul_B186402
Reviewed 16 September 2014

We were two elderly (but active) women looking for a modest place for a 6-night stay. We were especially attracted by the fact that evening meals were available, as we wear ourselves out with active days and don't want to have to search for evening food. Stephen is a first-class chef and his meals were most enjoyable, both breakfast and the evening meal. Our rooms were en-suite and we each had single occupancy of a double room, very clean and comfortable. Margaret was so welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable. There is no lift. The location is very quiet and within a few minutes' walk of the main shopping area and Promenade. The railway station and coach park take about a 15-minte walk.

Date of stay: September 2014