“Close it down”

Cafe Culture
Ranked #132 of 205 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Close it down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

If Gordon Ramsey went to visit this place, he would recommend closing it down. The service, food and drinks were terrible, but they know how to charge. We spent over £40, buying 2 adult and 2 kids meals, 2 of which were returned but no money was offered to be knocked off. Toilets are upstairs and not that good either. I wished we had looked round more, but with 2 young children and teatime upon us, it was a bad choice on our behalf.

5 Thank Ian L

Wirral
“Discusting-Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went with my partner , ordered 2 sausage rolls and 2 scones which had cream and jam already in them .... Got serviced and had to ask for napkins which they keep away from public like they are rationed !!!! Mmmmm not a good start .... Sadly it got much worse .... Sat down and went to separate the 2 plates which the sausage rolls came on ..... OMG yuk between the plates was old wet congealed gravy from someone else's old meal ..... Got the attention of a young very uninterested waitress and pointed out the discusting mess.... Not one word of apology , in fact not even a change of expression that she have a damn ..... I requested that I would also require 2 new fresh sausage rolls as obviously they had been on dirty plates .. She left in silence and I watched her while she talked to another member of staff .... I watched to see if she returned to the warming cabinet for fresh sausage rolls for which she didn't...... When she returned I pointed this out to her for which she didn't answer and went to walk away ..... I had to request that she hadn't answered my question to then only for her to say "I'll get Sharon (or whatever her name was)!! ..... Lady came over for which again I pointed out the problem , AGAIN no apology but to be told they also keep sausage rolls in the back not just the warmer .... Mmmmm I was watching to see if her nose grew !!!!! One thing that did grow is my discust in the hygiene of the shop , the customer service which was less than non existent anyway !! .... As for the scones there was a problem with those as well but I'm sure you get the idea about this so called "Culture" cafe... It's a dirty highly priced rude hell hole .... Will NEVER set foot in the place again ...

7 Thank Tricia J
Dublin, Ireland
“Quality coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great value for FABULOUS coffee. Nice selection of pastries (scones VERY good!). Plenty of seating inside & out. Staff very friendly. Some customers were eating lunch... Food looked tasty. Worth a visit if you're on Moystn St.

Hawarden, United Kingdom
“Poor service and mediocre food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Worse service I have ever received in a cafe / restaurant. No teaspoons or sugar given with tea. No ice in drinks. Asked if food service was still available and was met with " as far as I know". Kid's meal arrived 10 minutes after adults - and then only when asked for. Cutlery arrived after meal - when we asked for it. Requested napkins / serviettes but the waitress was too busy gawping at and listening in to the conversation at the next table.

Food was not good. Large fillet of cod looked the size size as the regular one at our table - just with more chips (which incidentally were luke warm and not nice).

Would advise to spend your cash elsewhere than this place.

3 Thank KSutton
Chester
“Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went for a stroll through Llandudno yesterday evening and decided to have our dinner at cafe culture. Even though it was near closing time we were welcomed with a polite service and had a lovely meal. The desert cabinet looked Devine though we were too full and decided just to have a coffee. Definitely recommend it and it's in a great spot.