“Food is good!!”

Alexandra Hotel & Licensed Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Description: The Alexandra Hotel & Restaurant re opened it's doors mid-may, we boast about the great taste of our food, all is specially prepared by our Executive Chef, we will be pleased to cater for your special requests, please remember we don't do fast food so it may take a little longer but we know you will agree that it will be worth the wait, we open every day from 11am until 9pm. At the moment our special offer on Lunch gives you three courses for only £10.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

our hotel didn't serve food after a certain time told us go down the road, we stopped to look at a menu (not realising was another hotel) a member of staff (looks like manager) came out welcoming us in, we went in he showed us to a table read out the special menu. they were very friendly and polite. they did all they could make us feel comfortable, i wish we stayed there they were very friendly.

3  Thank Heather B

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Both myself and my wife had all day breakfasts, excellent value, good service.
Building under some restoration, but standard remained good.

2  Thank ManchesterJohnH
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Not actually a review of the restaurant or bar but of a ‘pop up’ fast food ‘outlet’ set up over the Victorian Extravaganza weekend outside the Hotel restaurant and bar.

After wandering around Llandudno on the Sunday we eventually visited another ‘burger bar’ set up outside well established café/restaurant/bistro/deli after my disappointment here I continued to explore the Extravaganza (street fair) and came upon the burgers outside The Alex. They looked Ok, nice, thick and meaty so I ordered one. It cost me 50p more that the last one I bought but at least the bun was the right shape for the burger – round. Not only did the burger fit the bun or rather the bun fit the burger but it was indeed thick and juicy. The bun if I am totally honest was a bit floury for my taste I usually prefer the so called ‘Perfect Burger Buns’ as sold in M&S £1 for two, but that is just my taste and if you like the floury buns they were ok. The lady, before serving me ‘washed’ her hands an antiseptic hand wash and then put on a pair of gloves, after serving me she removed her glove and took my money so the hygiene could not be faulted either. It certainly encourages me to back and try the bar or restaurant on another visit. The Alex has had a bad reputation in the past; it is good that it is now shaking that off so all the best to its owners keep up the good work.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were on holiday on Anglesey & shopping in Llandudno,& decided to go to the Alexandra's reataurant for lunch.It was out of curiosity on my part,having seen the Hotel Inspector.
Don't be put off by the outside of the building as it is currently undergoing a refurbishment.It's nice inside,the staff are polite,the service is quick & the food is good & not expensive.

We usually visit Llandudno when we are on holiday.& will definately go to the Alexandra for lunch again the next time we are there.

1  Thank LFC4
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here as a family, taking three rooms while attending a family 'do' at a four star hotel round the corner. After we had booked we saw the Hotel Inspector programme so were a little apprehensive. We need not have been. This is a two Star hotel with no presumptions to be anything else. It is a lot better than many other two star properties we have stayed in. We were made very welcome and Bachir immediately came down and took our cases. Yes, there are a quite a few stairs but mostly short runs with a shallow rise so easier to negotiate than some. The rooms were all clean with fresh linen and towels, the bed was very comfortable and we did not find any problem with noise, the church bells on the Sunday morning being a bonus.
However my son, on the third floor had no hot water for a shower.
We came in quite late and, as instructed pressed the bell for entry, promptly answered by Bachir again. Breakfast was excellent, freshly prepared and I cannot remember ever getting hot toast at the same time as the cooked breakfast before. Car parking outside is free from 5.0pm until 9.0 am and then free for 90mins, so we reckoned we were OK until 10.30. Warning! Very productive seagulls with bowel problems, be prepared for a car wash on the way home!
So, this was excellent value, we saved over £500 compared to staying at the party venue, staff were very pleasant and helpful and breakfast excellent, just one thing, I don't remember seeing anywhere else a notice that I could buy extra tea/coffee/milk from reception.
Would we return? Whole heartedly Yes.

2  Thank 973SimonR973