“Nice hotel value for money but don't try their 3 course meal! ”
Review of Iris Hotel

Iris Hotel
Ranked #82 of 145 Llandudno B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel value for money but don't try their 3 course meal! ”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night and the hotel is nice and clean and quite modern. For the price that we paid(£40) its a bargain which also included breakfast! However,the 3 course evening meal was a disaster! Its frozen food and vegetables! If we didn't try that meal we will give this hotel 5 out of 5!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pearl166

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Polish first
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was booked into this hotel for 3 weeks for work. Needless to say my company shall not be using them again. Upon arriving, after an horrific 8 hour journey, the receptionist demanded money from me. I explained my company was paying and that they should have already sorted this to which I was told they would only allow my company to pay a deposit over the phone and that the rest needed to be paid in person. After 20 mins of negotiations, I was finally allowed to my room. Upon waking the next morning, I found the bed sheet to be too small for my bed, exposing the incredibly soiled mattress. Upon attending breakfast, I asked for porridge made from water rather than milk (I'm vegan). Rather than tell me they wouldn't do this, I was left sitting for 40 minutes until I asked where my porridge was only to then be told they wouldn't do it. I also asked for the bag of vegan products I'd asked to be put in the fridge that I had brought with me only to be told they had lost it. When I retuned that night, I took sheets from the store room and made my own bed as the sheets still did not fit. I stayed 5 days and went home for the weekend. Upon returning I was put in the same room. It had not been cleaned in the 3 days I had been gone. The remnants if my face scrub and strands of my hair were still in the shower, which I might add was still broken. The blood that had been on the wall upon me first arriving was also still there. I actually had to leave a note asking housekeeping to clean the blood off the wall. Seriously?!? Who should have to do that? Unless you are planning on bringing your own bed sheets and cleaning products, I would seriously advise people to stay away. There are plenty of other hotels to stay in.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Marie H

Travellers are raving about these Llandudno hotels

Wales
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Booked last minute to this hotel not expecting much as was only £44 , I booked the honeymoon suite as was only a couple of pounds more. Its a recently refurbished modern room with a modern bathroom too. Laid out on the table was fruit, fresh tulips, hot chocolate sachets, biscuits and a bottle of bubbly (only 4% ) which was a nice touch . Lovely view of Llandudno beach. A good hairdryer in room and plenty of teas/coffees . Breakfast was one sausage and bacon etc and usual fruit and yoghurt and toast available with waiter service. Room didnt lock from outside . Guests given a swipe card with a number on to get into the hotel after 10pm. Would have been nice to have a nice well stocked friendly bar but we were dining out anyway so didnt bother us too much. Can recommend for a reasonable priced overnight stay.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite nice overlooking the beach
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Booked the Iris for a one night stay for our visit to the Venue at Llandudno, we had a upgraded room with a sea view,it was a large clean room with a large flat screen tv, staff were ok not over chatty, breakfast was fine,felt a bit rushed but ok. My only complaint was about getting back in to the Iris after the show,the Hotel locks the door at 10 pm & you have to tap in a code into the door lock ,lucky I have a torch on my phone & managed to open the door on the 4th attempt

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade room
1 Thank ejones_12
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

A basic good quality hotel. Food ok . But they really should invest in a new toaster as it took ages to vaguely colour the bread. A bit chaotic when lots of guests at breakfast and I would move the breakfast bar into the alcove which would give diners by the kitchen door more room.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 105 in the main hotel it was. Very quiet and we had good nights sleeps . Our Famil...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Chester England
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed just the one night recently. Booked 2 superior rooms via website cheaper than the advertised rates . Both rooms were well appointed. Both had sea views and were a good size. One had a bath with shower above and one shower only ( the shower looked fancy but despite following instructions it did not maintain its temperature ). Pillows were a little on the flat side. Large flat screen tv and plenty of tea and coffee. I have stayed in 4 star hotels with rooms that were not as nice . However in common with others I did not think much of the breakfast , a quick introduction as to where things were and that breakfast order would be taken shortly would have been appreciated . Neither toast machines working properly and despite staff seeing this no attempt was made to help or apologise. Breakfast arrived with most items luke warm at best , cheap foul tasting sausage and beans and on the tiniest plate I have seen. You get one item so 1 piece of bacon etc. Breakfast finishes at 10am and items were removed at this time so no way of going back up for more . We were never asked if we wanted more tea etc
Staff apart from breakfast were very nice and helpful
I would stay at this hotel again as I think for the price I paid it was good value . Rooms were above expectation. Had a paid the advertised prices I would have expected better service and quality of breakfast

Room Tip: Sea view rooms were lovely
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dolgellau, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Firstly i would like to say a big thank you to Caitlin the reseptionist at the Iris, she was so helpful and a lovely girl and nothing was too much trouble.I cant fault our stay at the iris, great location, lovely clean rooms and a fab breakfast.....would i stay here again, in a heart beat.So overall 10/10.