“Rude waitress” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 204 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Welsh, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Rude waitress”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I come here very often and only rarely do we get service with a smile. The food is good, I'm so glad it is because if it wasn't I'm not sure what kind of reception you would get from the waiters.
We were there mid day on Saturday and because they were expecting a table of twelve were told it would be better if we could order as soon as possible. Excuse me, do you want my custom?
Anyway, we did as we were told ( and that is what it felt like!) and the food came. It was actually, no exagerration ( well a little!!) thrown at us, and this, after us being very pleasant and not complaining about having to order as soon as possible. We were not asked if we wanted anything - sauces e.t.c. She did not look at us as she gave us the meal. The place was not overly busy, the table of twelve did not seem to have turned up. No one came to ask us if we were ok, the meal was good e.t.c. I had to go looking for condiments.
The other waiters there did seem to be more pleasant but this lady needs training, and she wasn't a youngster either. We were sitting at the table behind the counter, right at the window.
I will never go back, nor will my friends, and I will not recommend this place for service only.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Singapore, Singapore
“Best pork pie ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My son spotted this food hall on the 1st day we arrived. As they do not serve for dinner, we waited till day 3 before we patronised the cafe. Ordered the soup of day and the fried calamari. Soup was carrot with mint and it was hearty, tasty with the right consistency. The 4 rings of calamari were light n crisp but portions were small for the price.
For the main course we particularly liked the generous piece of haddock with the fish n chip. The mushy peas were more unique than the other places.
As we were leaving the next day we made a mental note to drop into the shop to buy a pork pie before leaving town next day. We did exactly that. We finally tried pork pie when we were in bristol n that is when we discovered the best pork pie ever! The crust were just right n the filling had chucks of meat as opposed to spam liked minced meat. Better than the ones in Harrods! ! Now we wander when will we ever taste those incredible pork pies again as we are from south east asia:(
My rating is based purely on the pork pies.

1 Thank wongmeishan
“Disappointed time and time again ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I go to the food hall weekly for my lunch, and often get a panini or a wrap, which are always nice and filled to the brim. But unfortunately on the past 3 occasion when I have got Carrot cake for a treat it has been stale and not enjoyable. I have before told the staff about this but don't get any answer back. The people who work there unfortunately don't always give service with a smile.

1 Thank zjj13
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Due to a mix up with the order I ended up with a whole pizza instead of a slice (be sure to order pizzini if you want a light lunch). It was a pizza that was full of flavour and the best I've had some time and I can recommend the chips too. I would have preferred a proper plate for my pizza, or maybe I was supposed to eat off the very small board, whatever the case it didn't work well. However, I will certainly go there again if I am in the area as the food was so good and the man who seemed to be in charge was very nice.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SidelinedWoman
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food lacks Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The deli has a great atmosphere but the restaurant lack the same
The food is excellent which overcomes the coldness of the restaurant
Would still go back