“We return again”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On an extremely wet and cold day we visited this café for lunch.

The staff are so warm and friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

I chose a jacket potato with chicken and bacon and mayonnaise, it was delicious and it was big. My husband who can be fussy about food had a bacon sandwich with a really fresh salad, and praise indeed from him, 'I couldn't fault it. 'With a pot of tea for two the bill came to less than £10.

I couldn't fail to notice the appetising cakes on the cake stands under the sparkling clean glass covers. It I hadn't eaten so much I would have indulged in a slice of Victoria sponge.

For us this café is one of the best, but it was disappointing to see a notice informing customers that there is now a £10 minimum spend on using a credit card. A little over the top surely.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Now one thing I DETEST and DEPLORE and it turns me RIGHT OFF a venue,no matter how much I enjoy it otherwise,is when an element of the Bloody minded creeps in!.In 2014,even in backward stuck-in-a-rut,inflated-view-of-itself,LLANDUDNO,which is often victorian in the worst way,I expect most coffee shops,cafes etc to accept credit cards.Actually I find TOO FEW do in the town.THIS one does.Upto now that was highly cool,up to date and worked for ME the customer.BUT NOW this venue has MOVED THE GOAL POSTS!.There is now a MINIMUM spend of £10.00!!!!! if you use a card.CRAZY!.Lost my custom.Theres no excuse for this move.It is not excused by the old "Bank charges" reason.Well I vote with my feet.You will note that I have taken up the review so far on this one sore point.For balance.My coffee Toast and eggs were ok.

1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great little cafe with great food. Easy to reach in the middle of town. Staff pleasant and cheerful. Nothing too much trouble.

1  Thank James R
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a snack. Bacon panini was delicious. Lovely people.
Why do the reviews have to be 100 characters?
Ridiculous.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The warm friendly staff are the first element in this superb venue.They greet and serve customers on an excellent manor.The cafe is decorated in a unique eye catching style.Lines from poems are written on the walls.The food,the KEY element in any cafe is not at all bad.A fairly varied menu,snacks and meals.The odd different dish added too.So thats good too.As for value,its not too bad on that element either.Average for the town.ID GIVE THE PLACE A RESOUNDING 8 OUT OF 10.WORTH ANOTHER VISIT.It is central and,though quite cramped inside,is very well kept.