“Tasty but Pricy”

Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Fast food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great taste but very pricy. 2 adult and 1 kids fish and chips, £25. not a cheap meal these days so you have been warned.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Tribells for many years an were very disappointed today obviously under new ownership gone is the large simple chip shop menu! Very little to choose from and very pricey, what we had was ok but over priced and not what we expected from our previous visits! Will not be returning

2  Thank Garygluv
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Best fish and chips I've had for a while. I'm a coeliac but they were happy to heat up some fresh oil for my chips.( If you are a coeliac it is often a problem as the battered fish and chips are often fried together.)Fish was grilled to perfection without batter. Lovely restaurant, more like a proper restaurant than your typical seaside fare but still reasonably priced. My fish of the day with chips and peas was under a tenner. Very friendly service. My wide twisted my arm to go in but I'm very glad she did!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Visited here on Friday 18th July with my boyfriend. Chose it out of convenience as we were driving past and there were a few people sat in the window seats, leading us to think it must be good. It really, really wasn't good.
Ordered calamari to share for a starter - the calamari was thick and tough, the batter was also thick and tough. This was nothing close to the way calamari is meant to be served.
We both ordered fish and chips for main. I had haddock, he had 'jumbo cod'. The fish were exactly the same size. I'd say they tasted the same too but they were both absolutely tasteless. The batter on both pieces of fish was soggy. We tried to scrape the fish out, but it was pretty stuck on the soggy batter. The chips were equally as tasteless, far too thick and needed to be washed down with an overpriced diet coke. No amount of salt and vinegar could save the dinner so we left it. The plates were hardly touched and the waiter didn't ask why we had left so much... At over £30 for this, I felt totally robbed. I cannot understand at all how a chippy dinner is £12.95?!!?!

3  Thank Kate J
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Restaurant is clean and service was good. The food was ok-nothing special. Portion size wasn't great as meals would be on the expensive side