“Great scones”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good coffee and toasted scones. Staff were friendly. Also noted a choice of afternoon teas reasonably priced.

Heather C, Public Relations Manager at Habit Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the habit, we love reading all our reviews and its lovely that our customers take the time to review us. Our scones are homemade daily, a batch in the morning and again in the afternoon. We have 5 types of coffees to choose from, with freshly ground beans ground here at the habit. So again thrilled you enjoyed it all. Our afternoon tea menu is available all day and its a lovely treat, clotted or fresh cream, cakes, scones and sandwiches all made fresh to order. Hope to see you back to enjoy one.
thanks again

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have been here previously and been very impressed with the food. Unfortunately when we visited this week it was not as good. I had salmon and it wasn't cooked in the middle therefore cold. The potatoes however were lovely. My husband had ham omelette and chips and he really enjoyed it. We may revisit but I will stay away from the salmon

Heather C, Public Relations Manager at Habit Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I’m so sorry you did not enjoy your salmon, which is a shame as we only sell good quality salmon fillets. I wish you had mentioned it to us we would have happily rectified the situation with no fuss.
(I have spoken to all staff and double checked our procedures for cooking our salmon.)
Please do re visit us, our menu is very extensive and I’m confident you will be very happy with our food and service.
I hope to see you again soon.
Karen

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Habit today with my 4 year old twins and my mother. We were made to feel very welcome. The staff were lovely. I noted on the menu that books and colouring items could be requested for small children and just as I was about to ask for some the waitress brought them. Our waitress was lovely - I didn't get her name - and she made a fuss of the boys. They enjoyed choosing from the children's menu and ordering. The food came quickly - which is great when you have small children - and it was lovely. Well presented and plentiful. I had a baked potato with tuna which was huge and came with a lovely salad. The boys had a small fish and chips and chicken nuggets and chips which was lovely and hot - stole a few of the lovely crispy chips. Mum had ham omelette and salad - generously filled. We were stuffed - no room for dessert but the cake table was tempting! My cup of tea came in a pot with two bags and another pot of water for top ups. The bill was just under £25 which I thought was good value for what we had. The tearoom itself was clean and homely and again I can't praise the staff enough. Very attentive. We all had a lovely lunch and will be back.... Perhaps next time for some of that cake :)

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the habit. Your review is just how we aim to be. Happy kids makes for a nice lunch for the mums so we try our best to make it easier. I’m thrilled you all enjoyed coming to us for lunch and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visited here 2 weeks after my last visit (!) this time bringing my folks and family friend for the day to Llandudno. Had a cake and teas/coffees as always and excellent as ever. Pleasant but not intrusive staff, Kitchen can be clearly seen (very clean and well run by the way!).
I will always call in here be it whatever time of day. Now then, what really impresses me is the quick response from Karen/Heather on here even to negative reviews (June 21 amazes me!).
You will also see them always in the restaurant walking through always giving a smile and just generally making sure everything is ship shape.
So we will see you on our next visit!

Heather C, Public Relations Manager at Habit Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Brilliant! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such lovely reviews.
You kind words about our tearooms is just how things should be. I love reading trip advisor be it good or bad reviews, and we always try to reply. Thank you again. Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Always a lovely place to eat. Friendly welcoming staff. Great food. Good atmosphere and most never rushed, you feel you can really take your time here.

Thank you for taking your time to review us. What a great review it is too. What else can I say, you have said it all. Thank you
Hope you visit us again soon
Karen