“`Enjoyed a great week here`.”

The Grand Hotel - Llandudno
Ranked #57 of 59 Hotels in Llandudno
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“`Enjoyed a great week here`.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Room was spot on with sea view.Noisy at evening as was on 1st.floor above entertainment.but great food,shows well put together,reasonable priced drink.and good friendly staff made a very pleasant stay.More positives compared to the Scarborough Grand and Llandudno is such a clean town to visit, a good base for exploring north wales and a good family reunion was had.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a sea view premier room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank comet73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Polish first
Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

i also read the reviews we had booked for a 4 night stay and was worried but on arriving found the staff helpful very friendly. The room was clean and we had a lovely view . the food was excellent and plentiful we enjoyed both the breakfast and dinner with a good range of dishes to chose from. Shaun and his girls were brilliant entertainment also Doug and Steve with his magic guitar. The car parking was not a problem. I would like to mention the duty night manager was very helpful.
We found the hotel very clean cosy and quiet and would definately stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view although we were in room 133 and had a lovely view of the great orme and also a s...
1 Thank Peter T
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; it is much appreciated.

I like to think my staff are always helpful and friendly. It is usually when a guest asks for something they cannot have that they report the staff as being rude or unhelpful. My staff do as instructed at all times and do not have the autonomy to make some decisions which occasionally does upset guests.

So glad you liked the food; I will pass on your kind comments to the Head Chef (who incidently got in trouble for the earlier bad review about the breakfast) so he will be pleased to see the favouable reviews about his food.

The Entertainment staff will be chuffed to bits to read your comments; they work very hard, as do Steve and Doug.

The Night Manager in question is Paul (who I am covering for as I sit here at 11pm so he can go and see Everton, and he supports Blackburn, work that one out !!)

We look forward to seeing you again.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect after reading other reviews, but were pleasantly surprised.The reception staff were very welcoming,and friendly.The room we stayed in on the 5th floor, came with a lovely sea view,which was a surprise as we hadn't booked a room with a sea view.Very clean, cosy and quiet. Breakfast was lovely and unlike the Grand at Scarborough was better organised as we were shown to our table and seated.Will use this Hotel again.
Elaine and Graham (Derbyshire)

1 Thank Elaine S
Thank you so much Elaine and Graham for the positive comments re. the Grand in Llandudno.

So glad you had a lovely time here in Llandudno. Some fabulous views to be had from the 5th floor, overlooking Llandudno Bay and the rooms are lovely and quiet (unless you hear the seagulls squabbling).
I will pass on your kind comments to the Reception and Restaurant staff.

Thanks again.
Formby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Before my wife and I went, I looked at some reviews and one that stood out said that the food was like school food. Well, all I can say is he must have led a very sheltered life. We were there for 4 nights and every night, the food was very good. Far better than I get on board. I am captain of a container ship. Ok, there was a bit of a problem with creaking floor boards, but she is over 110. I expect to be a bit creaky at that age. Loved the place.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you so much for the lovely comments about our hotel. I am so pleased that you did not let the negative reviews stop you from visiting the hotel. I can understand varying comments about the rooms as we have 168 bedrooms of all size, shape and decor.
However, I do find it strange that the comments about our food are so diverse; what one guest loves another hates. I suppose we all have different expectations and I am only happy that we met your expectations on this occasions.
Yes the old girl creaks with age; much the same as her boss !!
Welshpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

As we had previously stayed at the Grand Hotel a few years ago and had had a good experience, we called on the day on the off chance that they would have a room. We paid £60 for a Saturday night. The staff were helpful and the entertainment great, but the room was awful, extremely basic, hard bed which the duvet hardly covered, everything was tacky and cheap. The worst thing was the breakfast - what seemed like watered down orange juice, salty bacon in bits, scambled egg with no taste what so ever, tasteless cheap cereal, baskets of lots of slices of toast which had gone cold and some were hard - very very disappointing.

2 Thank Hazel W
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you for the feedback of our hotel.
Unfortunately if you arrive without a prior booking on a Saturday night you will end up with what rooms are left, in this case 19 rooms out of 168 which were not situated in the best position in the hotel. This couple were allocated a courtyard view room which I admit are not the best.
I can only apologise if the breakfast was not up to standard; toast is always a problem as it is impossible to make fresh toast for 300 guests. Even when making toast at home it will go cold and soggy if not ate immediately. Believe me we have tried everything to get the toast right but to no avail.

Travellers are raving about these Llandudno hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Arrived back home today after a very disapointing few days, we stayed in a PREMIER ROOM - the curtains were falling down,mirror was broke,lamp shades had wholes in, the paint on the walls was chipped and the windows were dirty.
Breakfast was like eating rubber it was not fresh, the dinner was the same. Staff was very rude when we complained.
When we normal go to Llandudno we never want to go home but this time we couldnt wait to come home, I do not recommend this hotel, and I will not be staying again !!!!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Leiighanne
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Having done a check on this room I agree it is not up to our normal standard. I thank the reviewer for bringing it to my attention as the team will concentrate on attending to the shortfall in standards.
We normally receive praise for our food and I can only apologies if the reviewer did not think the food acceptable on this occasion. I can assure you the breakfast was fresh; the breakfast chef is in every morning from 5am to prepare breakfast; with such a large turnover of guests every night it would be impossible for the food to not be fresh.
If any staff were rude I apologise profusely.
Swansea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We had four days here recently and had an excellent time. The staff were extremely helpful, the food was excellent, the entertainment was great. We had half - board, 99p bar, and a voucher for £5.00 for lunch and all this for £109. What value for money!!!! It is superbly situated and a short walk into the town. Frequent bus service to Rhyl and all in-between. A special mention for Shaun the singer with his girls who put on an excellent show, the highlight being Shaun's solo show on the Wednesday. This I would say you must not miss.

Room Tip: Ask for one sea facing with a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SwanseaCinders
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Thank you so much for the great review of your recent holiday here at the Grand Hotel Llandudno.
We are certainly situated in a fabulous position; ideal for seeing touring Snowdonia and the North Wales attractions.
I will pass on your kind comments to Shaun and the team plus the rest of the staff.
Hopefully we will see you again in the future.