2,050 results
All reviews buffet style national holidays bit dated plenty of choice a sea view room short break great weekend stan pier singer prom
Reviewed 16 December 2012

when we arrived in our room there was no heating on and it was freezing we were told it was on a timer and it would take quite a while to come through to our room, it didn't, so we were given a mobile heater, 2 in fact because it was so cold. The soup was cold the chips were cold I think cold was the theme of the hotel, when we said this to a chap on reception he said what do you expect it is minus 2 outside. Breakfast was good, hot and plenty of choice, but to put the top hat on it my friend started with the Novovirus as we were driving home, we were told about it being in the hotel after we were settled in our cold room, not on booking in and given a choice of whether to stay or not

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank 340pattianne
Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

Booked a 4 night stay dinner bed and breakfast stayed for 2 nights an that was a struggle milk was off at breakfast asked to be checked an changed waiter ushered away as he was foreign not a care very poor toast like mouse mats, butter floating in warm water yuk, bacon tasted like it was off disgusting, did not know there was 2 servings at dinner and felt like we was given first servings slops that was left, room was basic not grand very dirty black mold above shower furniture from a run down downton abbey the bar consisted off flat drinks had to come home ill did not complain just left as I would of no doubt been greeted with a shrug off the shoulder, an just remembered the trifle was put next to hot potatoes is this normal I think not, I'm still ill now and have not eaten for 2 days if persists may get checked by doctor

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank fagsym
Anna H, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Thank you for the review of the Grand Hotel.

I sometimes find it hard to believe that some of the reviews actually stay in the same hotel as each other. Mostly the staff comments are about how friendly and accommodating the staff are so I can only assume that it all comes down to how they are spoken to.

I am sorry for everything that was wrong about your holiday but I cannot apologise for contracting the Norovirus because it is not the fault of the hotel.

A guest visitng the hotel came with the virus and passed it on to other guests but as ever the hotel get the blame. Anyone who watches the news will read about the widespread of the Norovirus in the winter months. It is a constant battle for the hotel through the winter months; this is the reason why we have hand gel at the entrance to the restaurant, as a preventitive measure.
Luckily this was the only small outbreak we have had in months so the hotel procedures are definitely working.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I have just stayed at the grand for a couple of nights.Where do i begin?Five stars all round from the staff,room ,food,atmosphere.A special thanks to the staff in the dining room food presentation excellent and a wide range of dishes will return soon best wishes Steve Wade.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank stevensteve67
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Thanks for the great review; we should be so lucky as to have 5 stars but hopefully I do have 5 star staff and may 3 star everything else.
The restaurant staff are always good at creating an atmosphere, especially Joanne, Duncan and Andy.

Thanks again for the review Steve Wade; we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

My wife and I and our 7 year old daughter were invited by my in laws to spend the weekend with them at The Grand. To be honest I was a little concerned to how it would pan out ,we arrived Friday evening and were given room 311 which was really spacious with 2 double doors looking right over the bay of llandudno,the beds were very comfy,tea and coffee and kettle ,good shower and comfy seating. The evening meal was good especially the carvery overseen by a very friendly Portuguese fellow, the turkey and beef both tasty and tender. We later went across to the lounge and were entertained by a great singer especially his 'night fever' voice! Ha ha! So all in all we enjoyed the whole experience. Ok The Grand is not Claridges and it is a little worn at the edges but to me that what gives it character along with the very friendly staff and the quirky squeaky floorboards...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank casperfreidrich

Thank you for the fabulous review; so pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend.

Room 311 has recently been decorated by my maintenance staff so I was pleased to see the positive comments.

John (the portuguese fellow) is a lovely guy and always pleasant; I will pass on your comments.
John McLaren was on last Saturday; great singer but he's no John Travolta Lol.

Once again, thanks for the review.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Grand for the weekend to visit the Christmas market. We booked a twin room and were concerned initially to find we had been given a double! However, we realised it was in fact a family room so we actually had a double and a sofa bed which was fine. The room had the most amazing picture window and view and had a living area with table, chairs and the sofa (bed). So we had loads of room. We also had a whirlpool bath! There was lots of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and milk. The room was snug and clean. There was loads of hot water and fluffy towels. There were a few chips and scrapes but overall we were thrilled with our room for the price (the room was £60 per night). The breakfast was plentiful with no restrictions on amount of food or drinks. We would definitely stay there again particularly if we could stay in room 97!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view. Family rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank richcraft
AnnaElliebb, General Manager at The Grand Hotel - Llandudno, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Thanks for the lovely review of our hotel.

The sea view family rooms are indeed lovely and spacious; we are happy to let these rooms go to 2 guests outside of the childrens school holidays.
During school holidays they are always popular; for anyone reading this for a family sea view booking, ask for a room 'downstairs'.

Glad you enjoyed our 'all you can eat Britannia beakfast'; it certainly sets you up for the day, especially for tramping round the shops and the Christmas market.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to review the Grand.