The Grand Hotel - Llandudno
St. Tudno Hotel(Llandudno)
US$121
US$118
Hotels.com
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$337
US$316
Agoda.com
1,955 results
All reviewsnational holidaysbit datedplenty of choicea sea view roomshort breakstansingerormeprom
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I can imagine this place was once the greatest hotel by the promenade. It's now rotting away without getting the care it desperately needs. Moldy walls and ceiling in the rooms, very rusty balconies, toilet broken in one room, breakfast and dinner not really good, noisy food hall... The waiter was nice enough though.

I wonder what all the elderly people that have been coming here year after year think, when they see their beloved holiday resort in such bad decay... Must be sad. I would love to see this place in its time of greatness, but that time, sadly, has passed.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank KLHyll
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I bought this short break on a deal from Living social and paid for an upgrade to a sea view room..which was about the best part of the two days I was there with hubby. The room itself was clean but very well worn and in dire need of being refurbed but in fairness the beds were comfortable. I know this a popular hotel for coach trips as there were loads of elderly people there but going for dinner or breakfast and being herded in like cattle and left to get on with it is not my idea of a hotel stay. The food was cheap and mass cooked so I ate very little..even on the first night when again I paid for an upgrade to the premier restaurant the food was overcooked and sub standard..sad to say we ended up eating out. This is a Britannia hotel and some you win some you lose..My stay at the Adelphi in Liverpool was a totally different experience. Also the entertainment at the hotel was poor with the acts having no interest in engaging with the audience or it could be that they had tried before and just gave up :( Just a note if you are looking for nightlife in LLandudno it does not exist they are a resort I think which is targeting the grey pound.

Room Tip: sea view was nice
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adventurer0409
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We have just come back from an overnight stay at The Grand Hotel Llandudno and we enjoyed our stay. This was mainly because this hotel enjoys that best location in the whole town: you can forgive the place a lot when you get into your room and you have a panoramic view of the whole promenade. I would recommend that you ask for a room with a view of the sea and you won't be too disappointed. The bed linen was clean and the room fairly tidy and ok. The welcome and reception staff were friendly and helpful.

However, the TV didn't work in our room and there was only one set of towels (we didn't complain about this as we were only there for 1 night). The whole hotel is in need of redecorating, new flooring and general maintenance - ( a constantly flicking light in the corridor by the lift). We did not eat at the hotel apart from breakfast, which is as previous reviews have stated - basic. No fresh fruit and squash instead of orange juice.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rutheneurys
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked The Grand on the basis of the history and location of the hotel building, but after our recent two night stay I was so disappointed and would not stay here again unless there was vast improvement.
At check in there was no greeting or pleasantries, we were simply handed an envelope and told "This is the hotel information. You're in 220". The room itself was not too bad (though the door didn't fully open because of the bed). However it could have done with some general TLC - like most of the hotel. The bathroom was very dank and dated, with a big sign advising not to drink the water (but no alternative is provided). The beds however were clean and comfortable, and we slept well both nights.
Breakfast is awful. Choice is limited. There is no fresh fruit (everything very obviously comes out of a tin) or fruit juice. The restaurant is crowded and - most bizarre - we discovered that unless you had paid for sea views in your room you weren't allowed to sit by the windows for sea views at breakfast either!!
Our booking was not cheap and frankly I was left feeling more than little ripped off. You get far better at a Travelodge. Furthermore Britannia should be ashamed that they have allowed such a great piece of Llandudno history to fall into such disrepair :(

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank JennyM9275
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Have stayed at the Grand many times - up to 4 visits a year for the last 20 years- This is NOT a 5 star hotel but you are not paying 5 star prices. If there is something wrong with your room complain (politely) and it will be sorted out. If there is a problem with the food ask the chef for fresh if it is cold or run out and he will go to the kitchen and replace .I like my eggs lightly cooked and have never had a problem getting a fresh one brought out to me . I am also diabetic and cheese and biscuits are not available in the main dining room only in premier , so you only have to ask one of the lady "supervisors" and they will fetch some -no problem! On our last visit a gentleman complained to me that the breakfast was dreadful , when I asked what had been wrong all he could say was there were no mushrooms - honestly ! I could understand if he was staying at the Ritz and if he had upgraded to premier he could have had all the mushrooms he wanted ! I did note that the next morning his plate was piled high with enough food to feed 2 people!! So all you nitpickers if you want luxury and Michelin starred food do what we do and book a cruise , then have a few cheap restful weekends in Llandudno throughout the rest of the year !! I also suggest that you read your booking form that tells you what time you can book in and the paperwork you are given at reception tells you the mealtimes so why be surprised when you turn up early and are refused entry? And no I`m not a shareholder in Britannia hotels

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple