2,025 results
All reviewsbuffet stylenational holidaysbit datedplenty of choicea sea view roomshort breakgreat weekendstanpiersingerprom
Reviewed 6 December 2017

A REALLY good experience!
I have never been afraid of admitting maybe I was wrong?
My previous review of this establishment was influenced by factors the hotel could not control?
On this occasion,..as before, cleanliness, staff inter-personal skills were excellent. I fail to see the relevance of the odd inch of window frame not painted, or why it matters?
The bed was comfy...I slept really well, the cleanliness was immaculate...What more could I want ? Food?...ok...not cordon bleu... - but most acceptable! Entertainment...a really good show?...not the Palladium, but most enjoyable!...AND...there was Stan Sherwin....ABSOLUTELY SUPERB !...Musically ...a maestro by any standard...entertainment-wise/suttle humour...a knockout. I wanted to go to bed at 11.45...Stan Sherwin was irrestistable until 12.00. ...THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Room Tip: Go high for the views !
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Cymro12
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Owned by the Brittania group the Grand in grand no more.The staff are pleasant but the hotel needs a good referbishment to its rooms.We enjoyed our stay with the hotel being in a great location ideal for a short break.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank 791Kasper12
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently and it feels like you’ve gone back in time to the 1990s. It’s still very clean and tidy. And the views are stunning from the sea depending what room your in. The views are incredible! Highly recommend getting early to watch the sunrise! Foods okay and the staff are nice!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Just come back from our worst ever Turkey and Tinsel weekend. No greeting on arrival, staff unorganised, meals were average at the best and entertainment for our Turkey and Tinsel was very substandard. Tribute bands for other parties but Turkey and Tinsel had staff entertainment, an organ player all 3 nights and all entertainment for our new year eve evening finished at 10.30 and main bar closed at 7.15 due to lack of staff. Most of the staff were polite but at evening meals were rushing around like headless chickens no organisation for staff. Lovely Location very nice and hotel interior reasonably tidy,but in need of some decorating, bedrooms ok our bathroom looked like work men hadn’t finished off their work. Don’t think we will be going back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JudeR50
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Just returned home from a 4 night 'Turkey and Tinsel ' break. Both my husband and I enjoyed ourselves immensely! We've had Christmas eve, Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year's eve! ! Room very clean and serviced each day. Food varied and always piping hot. We only have a shower at home, so I requested and got a bath. Bliss!! Those that moan that the heating pipes show....They always do in old council houses and Grade 1 LISTED buildings.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple