“Was very enjoyable stay,”

The Kensington Hotel
Ranked #41 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed at the Kensington 2 yrs ago, and since then there has been many improvements, the entrance from the rear is so much brighter, in fact the lounge,stairs,front reception was so much brighter, the bedroom (no 8) was spotless, lovely modern shower that blows your socks off!! lovely big bay window and 2 comfy chairs, the beds were clean and comfy, we opted to just do bed and breakfast , we dined out for our evening meal as we were a little dissapointed the last time we stayed 2 yrs ago. so I cannot comment on the dinner although we did take a look at the dinner menu and found there was very little choice. But when breakfast time came round, we couldnt fault it..lovely prepared full breakfast hot and very quickly served.Yes you do have to pop your bread in the toaster machine but this means you have hot toast and as much as you like when you like, the slightly downside was ! there wasnt a lot of choice for breakfast few cerials and orange juice, like the other post said..no fruit/yogurt etc etc . but all in all we enjoyed ours and it has been a pleasant surprise to see the Kensington a lot brighter and fresher! the staff on reception were very helpfull with anything you requested.The hotel was quiet , no noise so we had 2 peacfull nights sleep and would certainly stay at the Kensington again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lovelyspot

Reviewed 29 May 2011

stayed 4 nights. The dinner is dreadful.such poor quality. The dessert menu the same every night.the triffle from a packet. Only 2 cereals avail at breakfast no yoghurts, fruit ,rolls. There is porrige and cooked , but if you do not wish cooked, tough! The bread was the cheapest available which you had to queue up and cook yourself. The bar in the basement which we had to use sometimes is so dark and depressing. We went to another hotel in the end for drinks as we would not sit in there.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank penlen
Reviewed 3 January 2011

The owner never even took the trouble to introduce herself , coffee making facilities what a joke you are only allowed one cup of coffee a day I had the cheek to ask for more and I was told it was locked up I ended up buying a jar of coffee I have never been anywhere so miserable, there was hardly any staff I had to wait at least 20minutes to be served at the bar, the barmaid was also the receptionist, the room was clean but very basic a really old TV that did not work very well in fact I have thrown better away, bed very uncomfortable etc.,etc., I could go on and on I tried speaking to Mrs Beardmore at least I think that is her name frankly I found her a very scary lady. I would never go back to this Hotel neither would I recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank eforbes5albion
Reviewed 24 November 2010

there was 43 in our group and everyone enjoyed themselves, the staff were very helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. the location was qite close to town and on the sea front. yes the hot water was dangerously hot and there was no hairdryer but I put the plug in and used cold water along with the hot and took my own hairdryer. we will be booking this hotel again as overall it is good value.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank GillAtherton
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I brought my 91 year old mum for a few days last week. Everything about the hotel was excellent, we were well catered for, room very comfortable, food good will certainly stay again. Thankyou to the staff

Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I have always tried to commend places that have served me well and to advise where service/accomodation has room for improvement. The Kensington falls somewhere in the middle. I visited Llandudno with Angela Holidays and we stayed at the Kensington.
The hotel staff were friendly and an asset to the hotel. The meals were varied and well presented. The table presentation was however somewhat bland and not grand as seen on their website. The room was a disappointment. There was evidence of water penetration from the roof to the ceiling of the room and black mould stains to a wall near the window. There was an accumulation of sea gull droppings dust in the base rim of the double glazing unit. The bath side panel was broken and there was a frayed pull cord with no toggle. Apart from the aforementioned the room was clean. The common areas of the hotel were good except for the lift which had numerous scuff marks within.
It was evident that the hotel was upgrading some rooms but it is also evident that the proprietors are not paying enough attention to basic hotel management.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Ray47_10
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We got what we paid for, very comfortable, clean rooms, good entertainment and very good breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple