As usual we made a last minute decision to head off to North Wales for some good Welsh sea air when the weather was set fair for the week. We headed firstly to Bodnant Garden - see our separate review, and then into Llandudno which was really busy. We stayed at The Kensington last year and because of its excellent car park opted to try to get a room there again. We were met by the lovely Sam who was, as always friendly, helpful and efficient and found us a double room on the first floor, sea view. The position of this hotel is unrivalled - don't expect the same luxury as The Imperial or the St Georges, but then you are not paying the same price. The room is adequate, as is the bathroom and the shower works - not always the case even in "posh" hotels. We stayed 2 nights B & B, the breakfast is basic, the service good, but the toaster in the smaller area needs replacing! - it was however quite amusing to watch other guests trying to get their toast! This is essentially a "coach party" hotel, entertainment was provided and I'm sure many people do return year on year, that is how hotels like The Kensington survive and long may they do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kensington Llandudno Hotel is a traditional, family-run hotel, which is located in a prime location, on the central promenade in the heart of Llandudno's magnificent north shore. Run by the Beardmore family for over the past 20 years, the hotel is well-known for its warm, friendly, personal service. The hotel has 50 en-suite bedrooms, with tasteful, traditional decor. Every room is well-equipped with TV, tea & coffee making facilities to give a feeling of comfort and homeliness. Premier rooms enjoy magnificent sea views of Llandudno's north bay. From private guests to group parties, the hotel is suitable for every kind of visitor to Llandudno, Snowdonia and other North Wales destinations. The Kensington Hotel is less than a minute walk to the Venue Cymru which makes it an ideal base for delegates attending a conference as well as people attending a musical concert or theatre show.The hotel's location provides convenient access to all of Llandudno's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Kensington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Hotel Llandudno
- The Kensington Hotel Llandudno, Wales