“nice stay!”

Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Hong Kong, China
“nice stay!”
Reviewed 5 July 2010

This little B&B was a gem, very friendly host and cozy room. The price is very reasonable and it included breakfast. Llandudno (hard to pronoun) is a very nice place with stunning coast. worth visiting.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank bari_ttc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
wallsend tyne&wear
Reviewed 1 June 2009

we visit llandudno quite often,and sometimes bring a busload of friends,and to us there,s only one place to stay and that,s at the swn y mor with ron jean and bobby.their hospitality can only be described as first class,the place is impeccable,breakfast top notch,av even got me own mug for me morning tea,bought by jean,a think it was to keep me quiet,,,it did,nt work, mind a think ron,s got a lot on his hand,s making sure the lasses jean and bobby do their work properly the man must be exhausted..he deserves a medal the size of a bin lid ya doing a cracking job ron..........stay at the swn y mor and you will totally enjoy your trip to llandudno,their real nice folk sonjia and geordie..c ya soon

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gfidds
Liverpool
Reviewed 22 February 2009

At the last minute one weekend we decided to have a little getaway and landed in Llandudno. We wandered along the promenade to try and find a guest house for the night. There were plenty of guest houses with vacancies but we decided to stay at the Swn-Y-Mor. Jean and Ron (owners) were very warm, helpful and friendly. The accommodation was better than expected and proved excellent value for money. We had a double room with a sea view which was clean, spacious, had fresh clean linen and towels, hairdryer, tv, tea making facilities, toiletries and plenty of storage space. Breakfast was choice of cereals, fruit, juices, full english, tea/coffee and toast. We had no sooner finished our tea and toast and were offered more, Jean and Ron cannot do enough for you. Being February, it was quiet in the guesthouse and Ron opened the bar for tjust the two of us and offered pleasant conversation. There are car parking facilities to the rear. We would highly recommend this family run guest house and will certainly be making another trip for a weekend away in the future.
Thanks for an enjoyable stay. Steve and Paula, Woolton, Liverpool

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank life4living
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed 20 September 2008

I booked this place at short notice when travelling with work. I remembered that Swn-y-Mor was for a long time the top ranked establishment in Llandudno on the Tripadvisor ratings, which is why I picked it, without really doing much more research. I must admit that I am now surprised that it has scored so highly in reviews. The owners were friendly enough. It's location is good (but then there are many hotels along the promenade and Llandudno is a small place).

There is nothing else that made this place stand out. The decor and fittings are dated but in good condition and the rooms were clean. The cooked breakfast was ok although I was a little disappointed that the mushrooms and tomatoes were tinned and not fresh/grilled or fried.

I would say that if you are on a tight budget, this place is fine as a no-frills base.

• Liked — Easy to find
  • Disliked — Dated
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
6 Thank JimCardiffresident
Reviewed 11 May 2008

We are just back from a fantastic weekend at the Swn-y-moor this must be our 5th visit after finding this gem on Trip Adviser.

I have traveled a lot with my job and regularly stay at the big chain hotels, and have had many pricey disappointments in my time, I have found that lots of stars do not always mean a great place to stay I also find them impersonal and not the place to take 2 5 year olds without having a breakdown. So when we wanted a break by the sea last year I took Trip Advisers advice and headed here, best thing we could have done.

The girls just love Jean and Ron who are just fantastic with them , even going to the trouble of getting them things not on the menu for their evening meal. There are videos to watch in the room from a vast selection, to ensure a trouble free bedtime. They just could not do more to make our stay enjoyable and hassle free I am not surprised so many people come back again and again and they are often booked up,

The rooms are all freshly painted and decorated , bright, and spotlessly clean, as is the whole hotel, The huge cooked breakfast sets us up for the day and the evening meal is very good value for money especially if you have children, there is a bar in the basement, to relax at the end of the day with all sorts of things for rainy days and the location is perfect.. Right on the front, central on the bay to everything hauntingly beautiful views across the bay from the bedrooms and by crossing the small road outside the hotel you are on to the promenade and so the kids can run wild in safety. The beach is great with just lots to do in a small area so you don't need to use the car..

We will be back again very soon, thanks Jean and Ron for a lovely break my sanity is almost restored.

• Liked — clean great value great staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank janalibor
Reviewed 4 April 2008

This is a good value B&B located right on the sea front. I have to give the owners 10/10 for friendliness and the location is good for the views, walks and getting into town. The rooms are a little bit dated but compared to others in this price bracket in Llandudno it is miles better and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2008
1 Thank BAH3
Midlands
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I stayed at this property as a result of the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Having monitored reviews since my stay I feel compelled to comment as the common theme seems to be nothing but positive.

My family and I have stayed at numerous properties in Llandudno and I feel that I am qualified to say that this property is DEFINITELY no more than average.

I am very curious as to how the Swn-Y-Mor continues to occupy such a prestigious ranking.

We stayed in a family room that was just adequate. The apparent gushing welcome offered by the hosts was not apparent. I would describe it as business like and nothing more.

On our night at the hotel I went to the bar with the kids and there were NO SMOKING signs prominently displayed. The owner seemed oblivious to this as he puffed away merrily without bothering to ask if we minded.

The breakfast was okay and the location is good but I definitely think that overall the Trip Advisor ranking, for some reason, creates a false picture of this place.

In my opinion this is an average guest house attracting well above average reviews.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Distorted reviews
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family